It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 ICE agent slain, another wounded in Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

1 ICE agent slain, another wounded in Mexico

www.cnn.com

-- Gunmen opened fire on two U.S. immigration agents in Mexico on Tuesday, killing one and injuring the other, officials said.

The two agents with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) were attacked Tuesday afternoon while driving between Mexico City and Monterrey.

One of the agents was gravely wounded and died later Tuesday. The other was in stable condition after being shot in the arm and leg, according to a statement released by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I wonder if this could be the straw for US intervention. I dont want to imply that the ICE officials death is any more of a loss than the citizens and police that are being terrorrized and killed in Mexico, it's not.
As sensitive of a subject that immigration has become here in the states and the gang problems we have which are growing, it could be interesting how this turns out. I think the US has had about enough of it and I don't see how this can continue if Mexico can't fix the problem. I don't want to see us in Mexico but somethings got to give here soon.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Mexican drug cartels are now the main suppliers in at least 230 U.S. cities. It would be in our best interest as well as Mexico's, that we get involved and started doing something serious about the violence.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm really surprised this has gone on for as long as it has. If my memory serves me right (which I won't swear to) the "trouble" down in that region started about 2003 and has since grown in both violence as well as the daringness of the drug cartels and gangs. I'm sure this incident has slapped 'ol Janet in the face and maybe some type of response will be forthcoming. At least more so than the US government has done so far. I send my thoughts to the family of the ICE Agent. No one deserves to die for random ignorant violence like this.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Given that all groups beginning as gangs have to first compile money before they can become "mafia" or "cartel" status, it is known that 99% of cartel's BASE revenue is marijuana. Marijuana selling profits fuel all the hard drugs, all the violence, all the boarder wars. If we want to end the violence in Mexico, if we want to cripple the drug monster and rid the world of HARD ADDICTIVE drugs, then it is very simple and obvious: the United States needs to legalize marijuana. It would completely destroy drug crime. If there is no black market needed for something that can be widely bought at the convience store, then it loses it's danger value and it's crime catalyst. Without the illegal sales of marijuana it would be impossible to afford the ongoing costs of coc aine and heroin distrubution and growth.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

United States needs to legalize marijuana

This is the truth! There are so many people brainwashed by the propaganda surrounding marijuana it is pathetic. I know for a fact that in states where it is legal, there are no increases in crime like the pundits say. of course, they say that in states who are just as ignorant as the ones who come knocking on someone's door with a hallagan tool. The ones who want to keep it illegal are benefitting from the illegalization. Law enforcement, medical care providers, insurance companys yet they all reference the violence associated with marijuana. The only thing is the violence used against those who smoke it is just as devastating & violent. The only difference in the violence is that those who come busting down your door with a badge are legal due to a lie told on the Senate floor in the 1930's and those who shoot you in the street over marijuana just keeo those with badges employed and will lie also when asked by those with badges if they did it. I say lets make it legal and lets rid our society of these two types of liars altogether.

But this is related in many ways to this thread as the violence over the importation of illegal marijuana is the direct cause of the violence down there. Our government would rather keep a crisis or two on hand for it's own use just in case ya know.
edit on 16-2-2011 by Humint1 because: Hit enter too soon, sorry.

new topics

top topics

join