It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Real Jurassic Park in less than five years?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Jack Horner, curator of paleontology at the Museum of the Rockies at Montana State University could brings back the dinosaur in less than five years. Seems amazing and unreal but is true.

On Thursday, the flannel-shirt- and work-boot-wearing regular-guy dinosaur hunter will be at the University of Kentucky's Singletary Center to talk about his discoveries, the ongoing work of his research team and how, for goodness' sake, one makes a dinochicken. He might even explain why. In exchange, the audience will get to marvel at the gee-whizardry of the creation process while they get a close look at this paleontological legend who can hardly wait for the day when he can walk back on that stage with his Chickenosaurus, raptorlike claws visible to all, in tow.

Others are not far behind. A team of Japanese, Russian and American researchers let the world know recently that they hope to produce a woolly mammoth from 12,000-year-old DNA and a live elephant's eggs. Their time table is just a tad longer than Horner's.

Michael Crichton was right!

Source: www.kentucky.com...#ixzz1E9WzNauA

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
the best scientists have done so far with cloning is create a sheep that died horribly, show me one dinosaur before we go thinking about being as STUPID as to make jurassic park a reality...I mean come on, did you not watch the films??!?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

oh i hope we do....

aside from the problems and moral issues..

i find it very interestingly, stimulating,, of my "golly" factor !!!
edit on 2/16/11 by darrman because: i cant decide if this is proper english..lol but it's how i feel

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by madscientistintraining

They have done alot more than Dolly the sheep. That was 15 years ago and science improves exponentially.

Although I enjoy your sentiments about Jurrassic Park itself. I think the message of the book and film was it's a bad idea!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Chickenosaurus! hahaha
geneticly modified animals sounds like an awesome idea.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

They have done alot more than Dolly the sheep. That was 15 years ago and science improves exponentially.
I was going to burn him good, but you did it politely, much better.

I watched a show recently which covered the latest advancements in cloning, forget the name but it was fascinating. We have cloned a lot more than just a sheep, successfully. There are hundreds, if not thousands of people that already own cloned pets.

edit on 16-2-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I would be overjoyed if some clever fellows brought back the Carolina Parakeet and the Passenger Pigeon
we have specimens in the Smithsonian (and other museums I'm sure), don't see any reason why this couldn't be done
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Finally!!!

After decades of watching the Flintsones, it looks like my prayers have finally been answered.

BRONTO-BURGERS!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Yeah well the Dinos went extinct. So whats wrong with bringing some back?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner

Although I enjoy your sentiments about Jurrassic Park itself. I think the message of the book and film was it's a bad idea!

Yep. They sure have. I heard at one point that some scientists even crossbred humans with animals. However nothing has been seen as a proof of that or other animal cross breeding. I feel that bringing the dinosaurs back in the Lab will be a good thing technologically. Genetically it might not be the purest of the dinosaurs but it would be interesting to see.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixedworld
reply to post by Arken

Chickenosaurus! hahaha
geneticly modified animals sounds like an awesome idea.

Yep. Especially for the food industry, it can be a boon if we ever come up with chicken flavored beef
or chicken flavored pork, raptor burger, chickenosaurus nuggets etc etc

edit on 16-2-2011 by hp1229 because: Stupid Typos.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It's amazing how much genetic engineering has advances in such a short time.
In Argentina, where I live, there are a lot of research centers that specialize in plant and animal (bovine and equine) genetics and the things this guys are doing are pretty pretty cool...

top topics

join