It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banker Tells The Truth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
I bought my first Corvette after helping my friend work on his. I did not even know what one was prior to assisting him put the thing back together in his garage. I would not consider that advertisement.

Mate, it's not a 100% rule OK. There are exceptions.

But as a general rule advertising creates desire. If cars, for example, were never advertised in some way no one would have ever known about them in order to desire them, so in an indirect way even your desire to own that Corvette was due to advertising.

What do you think advertising is for if not to create desire?

Advertising doesn't sell anything... it creates a propensity to purchase. Creating Desire is a veritable handbook on how to wield this incredible power of persuasion."- Rishya Joseph, Managing Director, Dentsu, Young & Rubicam Sdn. Bhd

"Creating Desire captures the essence of what our business is all about. It not only will serve as a basic textbook for neophytes to the business, but also as a motivator for seasoned veterans."- Steve Price, President, Publicis/Bloom Advertising, Dallas.

"Creating Desire shatters the myths of advertising and reveals its true essence. John covers a serious subject in such an easy, conversational, story telling style that you are moved to read on to the finish in one sitting."- Shahreen Kamaluddin, Managing Director, Shahreen Corporate Communications Sdn. Bhd.

www.apmforum.com...

edit on 2/16/2011 by ANOK because: typo

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I'm sorry, but I disagree. We like sports cars, motorcycles, sky diving, extreme sports because we are all dopamine addicts.

Dopamine is commonly associated with the reward system of the brain, providing feelings of enjoyment and reinforcement to motivate a person proactively to perform certain activities. Dopamine is released (particularly in areas such as the nucleus accumbens and prefrontal cortex) by rewarding experiences such as food, sex, drugs, and neutral stimuli that become associated with them. Recent studies indicate that aggression may also stimulate the release of dopamine in this way

en.wikipedia.org...

As men, we like nice things because we think they attract women. Women like nice things because they think that it means we can provide security. It all goes back to the hunter/gatherer in all of us.

Advertising helps us identify which product will either release the most dopamine or attract the opposite sex. Its just that simple.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Actually people don't desire sports cars. The desire for sports cars is created by advertising.

In fact the desire for all things we don't need are artificially created.
I agree that it's artificially created, but disagree that it's entirely advertising. I've never seen a TV commercial or a magazine ad for the newest, greatest Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin or Bentley. The brands have a reputation above and beyond bought and paid for media adverts.
edit on 2011.2.16 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
reply to post by ANOK

I'm sorry, but I disagree. We like sports cars, motorcycles, sky diving, extreme sports because we are all dopamine addicts.

This is true, but if you don't know about these things then you will not desire them. No one in the 1800's had miserable lives because they couldn't have the private jet they desired. Desire for what we don't naturally need for survival is created.

Look at the quotes I posted from advertising industry people, they agree with me.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Actually people don't desire sports cars. The desire for sports cars is created by advertising.

I agree that it's artificially created, but disagree that it's entirely advertising. I've never seen a TV commercial or a magazine ad for the newest, greatest Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin or Bentley. The brands have a reputation above and beyond bought and paid for media adverts.

The desire for fast exotic cars is there already.

Even so of course they advertise, desire has to be created somehow...

You've just not seen them, so please don't make assumptions.

Everything in the media is advertising, see a certain brand in a TV show or movie, it's advertising and paid for.

edit on 2/16/2011 by ANOK because: typo

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

You obviously don't read any or all car magazines or all magazines for that matter. Ever lived anywhere else besides North America?
edit on 16-2-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Everything the eye see is recorded and stored.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

The Banker speaking:

Hello, my name is Montague William 3rd, and what I will tell you may well sound absurd, but the less who believe it the better for me, for you see I’m in Banking and big industry!

For many years we have controlled your lives, while you all just struggle and suffer in strife, we created the things that you don’t really need. Your sports cars and Fashions and Plasma TV’s.

I remember it clearly how all this begun. Family secrets from Father to Son, inherited knowledge that gives me the edge while you peasants, people, lie sleeping at night in your beds.

We control the money that controls your lives!
Whilst you worship false idols and wouldn’t think twice, of selling your souls for a place in the sun, these things that won’t matter when your time is done.

But as long as they’re there to control the masses, I just sit back and consider my assets, safe in the knowledge that I have it all, while you common people are losing your jobs.

You see I just hold you in utter contempt but the smile on my face well it makes me exempt, for I have the weapon of global TV, which gives us connection and invites empathy.

You would really believe that we look out for you while we Bankers and Brokers are only a few but if you saw that then you’d take back the power. Hence daily terrors to make you all cower

The Panics the crashes the wars and the illness, that keep you from finding your Spiritual Wholeness. We rig the game and we buy out both sides, to keep you enslaved in your pitiful lives

So go out and work as your body clock fades and when it’s all over a few years from the grave, you’ll look back on all this and just then you’ll see, that your life was nothing, a mere fantasy!

There are very few things that we don’t now control, to have Lawyers and Police Force was always a goal, doing our bidding as you march on the street, but they never realize they’re only just sheep.

For real power resides in the hands of a fw, you voted for parties what more could you do, but what you don’t know is, they’re one and the same. Old Gordon has passed good old David the reigns

And you’ll follow the leader who was put there by you but your blood it runs red while our blood runs blue. But you simply don’t see its all part of the game, another distraction like money and fame!

Get ready for wars in the name of the free, vaccinations for illness that will never be. The assault on your children’s impressionable minds and a micro chipped world, you’ll put up no fight!

Information suppression will keep you in toe, depopulation of peasants was always our goal but eugenics was not what we hoped it would be. Oh yes it was us that funded Nazis!

But as long as we own all the media too, what’s really happening does not concern you, so just go on watching your plasma TV, and the world will be run by the ones you can’t see!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join