It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW? NASA UFO? !!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
i think your outnumbered on this one Grey

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
i dont see no rocket setup sorry

plus: like i said there's no nothing undre the craft, no rocket exhaust, no fire, anything, and its in flight so?

also, i dont remember them making moon landers with a cockpit only, when was the last time they did?

it looks like a 1 man craft, and the pilot doesnt exit to walk the ship

if you see rockets then show me thrust under the craft

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
are you crazy you can see the heat destortion in the photo

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGrey

also, i dont remember them making moon landers with a cockpit only, when was the last time they did?

Duh, they probably made that vehicle to just test the engines. Its not the real lander. lol

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
i think i have seen that "craft" on a program on discovery once. i think they said something about it beeing a test of a hovercraft of some kind.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I think whether or not you see smoke and flames depends on the fuel used. Think of Indy Car racing with it's invisible burning alcohol based fuel.

If you look closely you can see the distortion caused by the heat and jet directly under the central rocket. It's clearest as it crosses the top of the hanger in the background. A good deal of the heat distortion below that is probably also due to the rocket.

EDIT : As I remember the guy who jetpacked into the stadium in the 84 LA Olympics didn't leave a trail either.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by muppet]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
IT was originally called the "FLYING BedStead".
And was used to test ideas for the LM.
LLRV, Lunar lander Research vehicle was the real name.
Neil Armstrong almost died on this machine.

LLRV

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Here's the bits and pieces. It really is a test version of the moon lander. The cockpit is where it is because it hasn't got a command capsule stuck on top of it,

link   

Originally posted by muppet
If you look closely you can see the distortion caused by the heat and jet directly under the central rocket. It's clearest as it crosses the top of the hanger in the background.

You got it spot on. the disturbance along the black top of the hanger below the middle of the craft stands out that much

link   
you guys you can see the heat from the engine....look follow the roof of the hanger in the backround you can see the heat right under the engine

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

the bubbles do look like anti gravity things

Oh really? Exactly how do 'anti-gravity things' look?

Sorry, but as everyone else said, it's a test lander and it's has some sort of rocket engines in the middle- you can see the heat distortion at the bottom of the image.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

the bubbles do look like anti gravity things

Oh really? Exactly how do 'anti-gravity things' look?

OH, i SO want to here his response to this one!!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The engine in the center is a jet engine mounted on a gimble.

THERE IS NO ANTI-GRAVITY INVOLVED!!!

Please, this is a very KNOWN object, here. This is the type of discussion that discredits serious UFO researchers.

This is, as zzub has repeatedly pointed out, the training vehicle used for the apollo program. Numerous shows about Apollo, that have been aired for decades, have shown it IN FLIGHT. It is about as mysterious as a cessna or a volkswagon.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by onlyinmydreams]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
ok, so HERE YOU ARE..

a VIDEO of the thing. multiple resolutions.

Maybe it was Anti-gravity smoke!

llrv vid

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Sorry, but I'm with Zzub on this one... I've actually seen a pretty long video clip of this one, and it is what they say it is....a tester for the lander. There are other videos and pics as well, of saucer craft made by the US and Germany. This is an IFO....Identified Flying Object...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
*yawn* must've scared him off.. Oh well.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I've seen it on the discovery channel, It is a mock up for the lunar landing vehicle. the actual landing vehicle did use rockets because there is no oxygen on the moon but this one on the other hand used a jet engine clearly visible at the center of the craft. It was used for research on thrust vectoring. A cool idea that's worked it's way into fighter planes, whether to have a rudder or elevator turn the plane, you could have the "turkey feathers" point the thrust while using the common controlls to make your plane manuver unlike one without vectored thrust, hence winning the dogfight. need to see some info on it? I'm shure I could find what you needed to dispell this "U.F.O."

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Grey, your a friken idiot!
Don't waste our time posting oblivious sht that everyone knows what it is.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
Grey, your a friken idiot!
Don't waste our time posting oblivious sht that everyone knows what it is.

I think you could have made your point without the insult

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I've seen this flying bedstead dozens of times on tv & video ...
Everything has been said here -It's a testbed for the APOLLO Lunar module.

And yes-Neil Armstrong (Famously) EJECTED from one only seconds before it crashed...
It's not a UFO so lets let this one drop guys.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join