It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who do you like best live?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
You cannot deny that a recording studio can do wonders for a musicians voice. So often do i hear an ok singer on the radio, sound really bad when you see them live.

I just wondered which artist or group you like best live? Whether it be singing talent, instrument playing skills, or just the whole package.

My favourite has to be Mumford and Sons, thier passion shines through when they play thier songs. Last night i saw them on TV at the Grammys, saying they were awsome is an understatement...i'm sure if their applause had not been cut so short, they'd have been cheered for ages.

CX.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Pearl Jam. Without a doubt the best band i have ever heard live, they were simply fantastic. Who is the worst band live?

CX

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3finjo
Who is the worst band live?

Not sure....but i bet Fergie and the Black Eyed Peas are up there with the worst of them.

That actualy hurt posting that.

CX.
edit on 16/2/11 by CX because: To add an excuse for a music video.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Hmmm ... I suppose I appreciate death metal the most when it comes to live shows. If anyone has ever been to a metal fest, or in a mosh pit at a death metal concert, I think you can relate to the experience I am talking about. The loudness and the energy, it can create is awesome.

Personally I cannot go to a blues or soft rock concert. I just can't. I need to stand up and move around and get pumped up, no sit in my seat and listen to something soft and slow. But that's just me

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm pretty fond of the Arctic Monkeys live.....

- I bet you look good on the dancefloor

- Mardy Bum

- A certain romance

edit on 16-2-2011 by Rising Against because: Took the last song out a It wasn't a band.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Keller Williams solo

he plays every instrument...loops them all together, live...it' unbelievable

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The Prodigy are awesome live! Also Muse. Matt Bellamy punched the ground disappeared then reappeared at the other side of the stage playing his guitar. It was mega!

I agree that Black Eyed Peas may be the worst affliction to music since Timmy Mallet released a track.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Biffy Clyro "MON THE BIFF"

Foo Fighters!!

Oh, and the Manic Street Preachers are awesome live.

CX

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Not sure how i forgot this one....

Gotta love the Angus.

CX.

CX

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner

I agree that Black Eyed Peas may be the worst affliction to music since Timmy Mallet released a track.

Never a truer word spoken. That man should have had his vocal cords removed at even the thought of it!.

CX.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Radiohead. Discussion over.. time to go home. Best live band ever. There is no one even close.. anyone who has seen them will agree.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
For sheer happy over the top energy I would say the hives are one of the best live bands I have seen.
I'm somewhere in the front of this crowd

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Kasabian are fantastic live, Foo Fighters brilliant, but the Gods of Rock, AC/DC, man they are completely awesomely brilliantly fantastic.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
For me there is only one that stands in a class by themselves and to this day is the most awesome spectacle I have ever witnessed. Pink Floyd Division Bell in Victoria, BC. Man I felt like the entire indoor arena of 50,000+ was inside of a living ufo organism
Coulda been the fungus among us

A close second would be Tool:

Peace,
spec
edit on 16-2-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Roy Orbison is number 1. I've never actually seen him perform live but I've seen many live recordings.

Nada Surf, they have the best live shows.

And...

Trivium sounds amazing live. The best song live is (Pull harder on the strings of your martyr)

I'm on my phone or I would add links...
Perhaps later.
Peace.
edit on 16-2-2011 by inthemass because: Add

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Pantera saw them 3 times live, they were awesome every time

Iron Maiden I've never seen them live, but its hard to argue with this

Avenged Sevenfold best band in the world, seen them once

Megadeth 2nd best band in the world, seen them once

Tool and the Black Crowes are equally awesome live too.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'd have to say the Who. Seen the Stones put on a few memorable shows too but they got a little hit and miss. ZZ Top was great live in the day and for a lesser thought of band, J. Geils. You were tired after a J. Geils show.

I could have seen Zappa a thousand times and never got tired of it. There's a lot more for different reasons but I felt like something significant happened after seeing those.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Definitely in the top 10... but, I'll watch from a hill.

edit on 16-2-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
As far as smaller venues, if you have not ever seen GWAR, you have missed some colorful live antics!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold
Radiohead. Discussion over.. time to go home. Best live band ever. There is no one even close.. anyone who has seen them will agree.

Got to agree (though I've never seen them live apart from DVDs). But I have got to add Counting Crows, who happen to be Radiohead fans too! Another would be Led Zeppelin if you exclude Jimmy Pages couple of "medicated" years

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join