It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of dead Jellyfish in Palm Beach county

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Florida... That's near to the Corexit spraying (relatively speaking), isn't it?

What are the chances there's a relationship

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

But dead birds are common too SOTLOO but 6000 of them at once.

There were at least a thousand jellyfish on the shore today. Not dozens, not scores not even hundreds. Rather a thousand. That's normal? There were more dead fish than sunbathers.

Let's not make light of this because something happened and continues to happen. Never has there been so many reports of dead animals in 6-weeks.

Even if it is the weather then that should still be a concern.
edit on 16-2-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

I agree that something is definitely going on... not disputing that.

But in this particular case, the numbers aren't what bother me, the timing is.

~Namaste

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

I have also seen plenty of dead jellyfish wash up on shore, but none here on the panhandle of Florida. I used to see it regularly in Louisianna and Texas, especially this time of year, but I can't remember ever seeing this in Florida. I don't go to South Florida very often, so I can only speak for the Panhandle.

What I don't believe is that it is related to water being "too hot." We had Manatees dying off earlier in the year because it was too cold. We also recently had the 1000s of sharks off the East Coast of Florida, and this has become a recent phenomenon for this time of year. Nobody can remember it happening 20 or 30 years ago, but it has consistently happened for the past 4 or 5 winters.

Last year was a particularly weak year for the North Atlantic Current, and there were warmer than usual temperatures up the North East Coast and colder than usual temperatures along the South East Coast. There was much speculation about the oil spill, global warming, salinity, and the "Day After Tomorrow" type of event.

For the first time ever, the sun rose early in Greenland.....by days, not minutes or hours!

Perhaps we are slowly seeing a change in that current, a change in weather patterns, a change in magnetic poles, a change in the sun cycle, and a change in meteor showers and astrological signs. I am starting to think there is some credibility to this 2012 stuff.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

I agree that something is definitely going on... not disputing that.

But in this particular case, the numbers aren't what bother me, the timing is.

~Namaste

Fair enough!

I do know of the warning signs you're talking about but really......there's something different in the numbers.
Why the article then? Why mention it? Are the reporters (and newspaper owners) tourists and don't know better then?

Here's the article. Make of it what you will.

[sic]
It's not the first time men-of-war have washed ashore, though rarely have they appeared in such startling numbers. Biologists said strong winds likely brought them to Pompano Beach. Environmentalists have attributed the large number of the jelly-like creatures to rising water temperatures, in which they thrive.
www.justnews.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You forgot about the gigantic planet that they're not confirming but yet (in my deepest beliefs) already know about. CNN is even reporting about it now!
This 'body' or bodies would help explain a lot of the irregularities right down to the weather. If it's influencing our Sun by tugging at it then (and Earths' gravity causing migratory systems to fail) then that would explain some of these HUGE CMEs even though we knew about solar cycles.

Evidence is mounting that either a brown dwarf star or a gas giant planet is lurking at the outermost reaches of our solar system, far beyond Pluto.
news.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

The Portugese Man O War floats on the surface and has no means of self propulsion, the wind, the current or the tides put them on the beach. I've never seen one, but if it is unusual to see this many at this time of year it could be a sign of something much bigger. Perhaps it's natural predators are dissapearing, the prevailing winds are changing or the tides and currents are out of sync.
Since Whales and Dolphins are inteligent creatures it might be wise to keep an eye on their recent habits.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
im going to say this one is a "natural" death or "kill". I have seen thousands of them washed up lots of times.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join