It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Warns It Might Act on Iranian Warships Passing Through Suez Canal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by copernicus2012
Just an idea.......but i mean when Russia fell nukes went missing FACT......pretty sure some of these nations that you dont think have them MOST CERTAINLY DO..

That's merely an opinion but they would also need a launch vehicle which would be detected very quickly..

That's forgetting the fact Israels nuclear weapons program is the world's worst kept secret..

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Most likely the Iranians are seeking to draw the Israelis into a conventional conflict that will eventually bring other Middle Eastern nations into the war.. This could drag on for quite a while, with great costs to both sides... Before it goes nuclear.

Israel is threatening to sink two Iranian ships in international waters but it's Iran trying to start a fight??

Gotta love that logic..

Threats and provocations apply to both sides in this case, which and what is applicable to each depends on your perspective.

In the end, threats are made, and provocations are made.

Does it matter which side you are on from a safe distance at your computer screen?

No!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I'm sure you had a point but I just don't see it..

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Now remember this :

Israel stations nuclear missile subs off Iran

Three German-built Israeli submarines equipped with nuclear cruise missiles are to be deployed in the Gulf near the Iranian coastline.

The first has been sent in response to Israeli fears that ballistic missiles developed by Iran, Syria and Hezbollah, a political and military organisation in Lebanon, could hit sites in Israel, including air bases and missile launchers.

The submarines of Flotilla 7 — Dolphin, Tekuma and Leviathan — have visited the Gulf before. But the decision has now been taken to ensure a permanent presence of at least one of the vessels.

So... who's provoking who again?

At least ONE Israeli submarine with NUKES off Iran's coast... while the US have 3 carrier strike groups in the middle-east area.

And Iran is the threat with TWO crappy warships? I don't think anyone can say this is the case... and if they do... they are lying to themselves.
edit on 16-2-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

So... who's provoking who again?

Yes, and who continually breaches other countries air space time and time again??

Tea pot calling kettle.????

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Bias provides the blinding comfort of ignorance.

If you fail to see it, I can't help you.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Bias provides the blinding comfort of ignorance.

If you fail to see it, I can't help you.

lol, and facts allow me to see clearly..

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Provoking a nuclear armed enemy without the ability to match your enemy's weaponry would be completely foolish, and suicidal.

I assume you are implying Iran has been provoking Israel. I disagree with that statement. In my opinion it is the exact opposite and it is the Israelis who provoke time and time again.

Iran is en route to visit an ally they have peace treaties signed with using international waters. There are no provocations on Iran's behalf. Even in the past all Israeli/Iranian bickering in the media would be initiated by Israel, but Israel would use their influence over the media to manipulate public opinion. One example is the purposely mistranslated statement Mahmoud made about "wiping Israel off the map".

Even in this instance Israel is acting as if they are fully in the right to threaten Iran for using Egypt's Suez Canal on the way to Syria. This is so absurd!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Evidence aside... Why would Iran NOT be developing nuclear weapons?

A moot point. There is no evidence that they are.

Provoking a nuclear armed enemy without the ability to match your enemy's weaponry would be completely foolish, and suicidal.

And the proof that they are intentionally provoking Israel is? What, because the whiny Israelis say they are being provoked? They remind me of the stasi police here in the UK who cry like little girls about feeling threatened when you film them or come within 3 feet of their personal space.

Do you really think the Iranians are that stupid?

I think the Iranians should be allowed to go about their business without interference from Israel.

Also, being threatened by a nuclear armed enemy and not preparing an equally devastating defense would be foolish.

You assume Iran is looking for a fight. I guess your mind is already made up about their intentions.

By the way, they could already have a strong enough nuclear arsenal, with the aid of their nuclear allies.

Thats as maybe, but there is no proof of that.

Most likely the Iranians are seeking to draw the Israelis into a conventional conflict that will eventually bring other Middle Eastern nations into the war.. This could drag on for quite a while, with great costs to both sides... Before it goes nuclear.

More jumping to conclusions and the all to familiar jumping on the "Israel can do no wrong" protectorate bandwagon. No doubt you'd be there screaming Israels justification in any "pre-emptive" action even though any such action would be completely unjustified.

Hope that nothing happens, but do not assume that Iran is not arming itself and preparing.

I too hope nothing happens. Don't assume that Iran is arming and preparing.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

First off I have always been Pro-Israel, and please, I dont need to be bashed for that since we all have the right to believe what we want.

I just have to say that in this case, I have to totally agree with you on this. If Iran is staying in International Waters, and they don't fire on Israel or threaten to do so, and they go to dock on Syrias shore, then I dont really see what Israel is so upset about. It would be different if they fired a missile at Israel.

IMO, Israel, like the United States, can't say who comes and goes in International Waters. I don't like Iran at all, but in this case, they are doing nothing at all wrong, so far.....

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
what is the arguing all about.since nothing has happened, its all spectulation at this point. Everybodies opinions are just that. and nobody is right or wrong. Only Time will tell.

has an Iranian war ship ever done this before? we all mostly have the same questions in our heads. Why now is Iran stepping into the mix. Is Iran gonna be the big brother and unite the Arabs? Israel is sitting on some prime choice land and the Arabs dont like it. just a matter of time. we all know its a matter of Time till somebody says Times Up!!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Were not US warships doing exercises just off North Korea recently ?

Agitating them and China.

We all know who the real provocators are.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Decrease by 50%?

Try 100%. By 2020, the only oil we may import will be from Canada and Latin America. Combined total imports are looking to be less than 50% by then.

This new drilling is expected to raise U.S. production by at least 20 percent over the next five years. And within 10 years, it could help reduce oil imports by more than half, advancing a goal that has long eluded policymakers.

news.yahoo.com...

Top ten oil importers to the US. (per day) 2010
1. Canada, over 2.5 million barrels
2. Mexico, over 1.3 million barrels
3. Saudi Arabia, over 1.1 million barrels
4. Venezuela, over 940 thousand barrels.
5. Nigeria, 860 thousand barrels.
6. Algeria, over 570 thousand barrels.
7. Russia, over 550 thousand barrels.
8. Colombia, over 490 thousand barrels.
9. Iraq, 340 thousand barrels.
10. Angola, 276 thousand barrels.
www.eia.doe.gov...

The US produces 5.5 million barrels of crude oil per day. (2010)
www.eia.doe.gov...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Just announced that a US Carrier Battle Group is steaming through the Suez Canal as we speak, this could be the setup folks, showdown coming????

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
And things just keep heating up. Hopefully the Iranian warships won't gain entry to the canal. Another very interesting and worrying development, thanks again V.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Has nothing to do with Israel whether Iranian ships pass through the Suez or not - perhaps they might like to take it up with Egypt?.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Irianian warships passing thru the Suez Canel, crude prices sky rocket..

Wow, just the movement of destroyers raises the prices on OIL. This is a odd move, with allot of significants. The middle east is more unstable now and testy then it has been since the 80's. Dang right people need to be alert and keep an eye on Asia minor. Sure could be same ole same ole, but still a lil testy round those parts right now.

I still find it interesting just the movement of destroyers implicates oil prices, according to msm.

edit on 16-2-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Egypt won't allow Iranian ships through the Suez anyhow.....just big talk from Iran that amounts to NOTHING as usual.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
Egypt won't allow Iranian ships through the Suez anyhow.....just big talk from Iran that amounts to NOTHING as usual.

Really?

Al-Arabiya: White House confirms two Iranian warships heading to Syria

US to keep close eye on alleged Iranian ships in Red Sea

The United States said Wednesday it will be watching two ships in the Red Sea that Israel has identified as Iranian, adding it wanted "to see what they do."

Israel claims Tehran is sending two ships into the Suez Canal for the first time in 30 years, saying it is a "hostile" act.

"Tonight two Iranian warships are supposed to cross the Suez Canal into the Mediterranean Sea on their way to Syria," Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman said earlier at a conference of American Jewish leaders in Jerusalem.

"The Suez Canal authority allows all ships of any nationality to cross as long as the country is not in a state of war with Egypt," the Authority said in a statement, noting "it would be the first time Iranian warships have used the Suez Canal since 1979."

Egypt now confirms that they will let them go through...

Thing is, so far, Iran has not asked Egypt to go through. So there is still a chance they will go back without crossing it.
edit on 16-2-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
Irianian warships passing thru the Suez Canel, crude prices sky rocket..

Wow, just the movement of destroyers raises the prices on OIL. This is a odd move, with allot of significants. The middle east is more unstable now and testy then it has been since the 80's. Dang right people need to be alert and keep an eye on Asia minor. Sure could be same ole same ole, but still a lil testy round those parts right now.

I still find it interesting just the movement of destroyers implicates oil prices, according to msm.

edit on 16-2-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

only the Arab oil went up. Now $105 a barrel. US oil trading today was unchanged. Fox news was really trying to create panic where there was none

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join