It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Warns It Might Act on Iranian Warships Passing Through Suez Canal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Provocation is the word which comes into mind.

Iran will keep on prodding at Israel untill she blows.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Provocation is the word which comes into mind.

Iran will keep on prodding at Israel untill she blows.

Israel will keep prodding at Iran until he blows.

/fixed

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Since Israel is the only country in the region with nuclear weapons only Israel can fire a nuclear weapon.

In my opinion the USA would not allow Israel to fire any nuclear weapon at anybody.

Thats the trouble with nuclear weapons, you can't actually use them without incurring the wrath of USA and the rest of the planet.

I said it in another thread a while back ..... if the stupid zionists put their greedy finger anywhere near the nuclear fire button .... they will be evaporated before they touch it.

edit on 16-2-2011 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The Israelis are going to nuke 2 ships?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Don´t forget Russia. They got some connections with Iran going lately (Vitchilo reported that somewhere a few Days ago)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Thats the trouble with nuclear weapons, you can't actually use them without incurring the wrath of USA and the rest of the planet.

Yeah right. If Syria/Hezbollah/Egypt/Iran or anyone for that matter uses chemical weapons against Israel, Israel said they would nuke them.

Israel wouldn't nuke someone first. And seriously, who would nuke Israel if Israel nukes Tehran, Damascus, Beirut and/or Cairo in ``self-defense``?

The US? The EU? China? Russia? Pakistan? No way in hell. Israel would get away with it since they would be ``in the right``.

US report: Israel would weather nuclear war with Iran

All out nuclear war between Israel and Iran: a doomsday scenario that we all fear deeply. A new study compiled by the US Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), headed by former Pentagon analyst Anthony H. Cordesman, explored just such a nightmare scenario, noting that it could lead to the death of between 16- 28 million Iranian civilians, and 200-800 thousand Israelis.

The study also examined what would occur if Syria would join the Israeli-Iranian nuclear fray. Syria, Cordesman estimated, could kill an additional 800 thousand Israelis with missiles armed with chemical or biological warheads. The Syrian side, however, could suffer up to 18 million casualties should Israel respond with a nuclear strike.

If Egypt should join its Arab neighbors in battle, the study finds, Israel would most likely respond with a nuclear strike at Cairo and other major cities, as well as by destroying the Aswan dam.

This scenario is very very very very unlikely, but you never know what those in power in Syria-Iran-Hezbollah might do if they think they gonna lose the war.... or if they think that doing so will bring an Israeli nuclear response that will lead to a worldwide war against Israel... or that it will bring back the ``Mahdi``...

It's not just the US who have their religious nuts who think that nuclear war in the middle-east involving Israel will bring the end times and Jesus back or some BS like that.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Again Israel threatening people in international waters..
It seems it's OK for Israel to use the canal...
Maybe they want to start a fight...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I am in no way a pro-Israeli / anti-Iran sort of person but whilst I recognise that Israel, nor anyone else for that matter, has no right to dictate who uses The Suez Canal, I honestly can not see what legitimate reason Iran has to do this and as such can only conclude that it is delierately provocative in nature.
However, this in no way legitamises Israel taking military action against the warships unless actually threatened.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
There not dictating who uses the suez canal! get real! There taking action against a people who have time and time again thats only goal is to kill jews and christians. And when warships are on the move in a highly stressed situation over there there gonna be a little worried. Would you want Iranian warships headed up the Mississippi for training exercises? I wouldnt!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
If Iran makes overt threatening maneuvers I'd sink them.
If they're just passing through with no plans to threaten, fine.

So if someone looks at you funny you'd punch them in the face on the off chance they might have started something? I do believe that's called being a bully and a thug. But then what else is new when it comes to Israel and the U.S.?
edit on 16-2-2011 by quackers because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
So your comparing basically a bar fight situation to a hostile nation that is developing nuclear weapons? And anyone who doesnt think they are is naive!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Even in a bar fight for those who have been in one you know when a punch is about to be thrown...So if your smart you swing first!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by copernicus2012
There not dictating who uses the suez canal! get real! There taking action against a people who have time and time again thats only goal is to kill jews and christians. And when warships are on the move in a highly stressed situation over there there gonna be a little worried. Would you want Iranian warships headed up the Mississippi for training exercises? I wouldnt!

Odd, there's more Jews in Iran than in Israel..
They are all fine..Iran is NOT anti Jew, that's obvious..

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Even in a bar fight for those who have been in one you know when a punch is about to be thrown...So if your smart you swing first!

haha, and so it always is with Israel..
Always attacked but strangely usually throws the first punch..

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

So your comparing basically a bar fight situation to a hostile nation that is developing nuclear weapons? And anyone who doesnt think they are is naive!

Fact is, Israel have nukes since 1967. Iran doesn't.
Fact is, Israel's military is probably in the top 5 strongest in the world, Iran have 1960s technology.
Fact is, Iran has weak allies, like Syria and Hezbollah, while Israel have NATO has allies.

Israel should stop screaming like mad men at non-existent threats. If the Iranian warships start attacking you or cross into your waters, SINK THEM.

And calling those ships ``warships`` is a stretch since they couldn't sink a fishing boat if they wanted.

Israel is under no real threat, if Syria-Iran-Egypt-Hezbollah goes nuts and start using chemical weapons or Israel/US see them being readied, which are WMDs, then Israel can respond in kind.

Saying Israel is under threat from two crappy Iranian warships is ridiculous.

Netanyahu to Nasrallah: Stay in your bunker

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, at the Conference of Presidents of Major Jewish Organizations gathering in Jerusalem, responded to Hezbollah leader Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah's speech Wednesday.

"Whoever hides in a bunker should stay in the bunker," Netanyahu said. "No one should doubt Israel's strength or its ability to defend itself"

Nice. Basically daring Nasrallah.

edit on 16-2-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by copernicus2012

And your point is? Even if Iran is developing nuclear weapons, which last I checked there was zero proof of, why does it matter exactly? Britain has them, America has them, Russia has them, China has them, Israel has them, so on and so forth.

If you are in a bar and you throw the first punch, you are in the wrong, simple as that. Being a moron does not excuse violence.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers

And your point is? Even if Iran is developing nuclear weapons, which last I checked there was zero proof of,

Now I can see, your username makes perfect sense.

Evidence aside... Why would Iran NOT be developing nuclear weapons?

Provoking a nuclear armed enemy without the ability to match your enemy's weaponry would be completely foolish, and suicidal.

Do you really think the Iranians are that stupid?

Also, being threatened by a nuclear armed enemy and not preparing an equally devastating defense would be foolish.

By the way, they could already have a strong enough nuclear arsenal, with the aid of their nuclear allies.

Most likely the Iranians are seeking to draw the Israelis into a conventional conflict that will eventually bring other Middle Eastern nations into the war.. This could drag on for quite a while, with great costs to both sides... Before it goes nuclear.

Hope that nothing happens, but do not assume that Iran is not arming itself and preparing.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Most likely the Iranians are seeking to draw the Israelis into a conventional conflict that will eventually bring other Middle Eastern nations into the war.. This could drag on for quite a while, with great costs to both sides... Before it goes nuclear.

Israel is threatening to sink two Iranian ships in international waters but it's Iran trying to start a fight??

Gotta love that logic..

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Just an idea.......but i mean when Russia fell nukes went missing FACT......pretty sure some of these nations that you dont think have them MOST CERTAINLY DO..

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The middle east people are smart....they are very good at HEY! look at my right hand as to not notice what my left hand is doing!!.......and that goes for every major nation including the united states

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join