It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Warns It Might Act on Iranian Warships Passing Through Suez Canal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If Iran makes overt threatening maneuvers I'd sink them.
If they're just passing through with no plans to threaten, fine.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
How can Israel dictate which ships sail through Egypt? Would an attack on Iranian ships in Egyptian waters not be seen as an attack on Egypt?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
lets see what China,the newest super power on the block,does. If they stick their head into the mix, very interesting times,we seem to be saying this daily now, very interesting times.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
How can Israel dictate which ships sail through Egypt? Would an attack on Iranian ships in Egyptian waters not be seen as an attack on Egypt?

The Egyptian military is trained by and armed by the US, they are allied to the US, subservient in many ways, and will honor its peace accords with Israel.

While the people of Egypt fall for the illusion that they have changed things, it is sadly only an illusion. The American people fell for the illusion of change and we've all seen how well that worked for us.

The Egyptian military will stay out of this, and do exactly as the US demands.

If the Iranian ships pass, it is because the US ordered it.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
What is China going to do? Send their aircraft carriers over??

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz
lets see what China,the newest super power on the block,does. If they stick their head into the mix, very interesting times,we seem to be saying this daily now, very interesting times.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Out of curiosity, where do you get this stuff from? Everything is not some world wide, new world order conspiracy.
edit on 16-2-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Whats China gonna do to Israel? Dont forget that Israel has more nukes than China does and the means to deliver them to China. China cant escalate this but so far.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

steady now we are all just talkin. They are posturing up these days. Yeah maybe they will send a carrier over..

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I don't believe in any NWO conspiracy... and the "stuff" is common public knowledge to anyone who has followed ME events and studied some of the history.

It is what it is.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

Good luck with that since they got NONE.

China won't do a thing.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
But where do they get this carrier from?

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz
reply to post by princeofpeace

steady now we are all just talkin. They are posturing up these days. Yeah maybe they will send a carrier over..

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Exactly my point

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Good luck with that since they got NONE.

China won't do a thing.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I cannot verify this but I believe these ships departed before the Egyptian Regime toppled....leading me to speculate Iran is involved in the military coup in Egypt. Russia is behind this as well.

Flame me if you want but I pray for Israel's safety and that the US will not turn its back on her now.

Now I can officially say

And so it begins....

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Thos ships dont pass through the canal until tonight. I think Israel is just sitting tight right now to see if they actually enter.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

its just funny seeing people make claims like that, while discounting all other nations they by stuff from. It would be like saying France can stop a chinese invasion of Tiawan because at one point they were the largest arms supplier to China.

I just think at ties we give to much credit to the Us and not enough to the people in these countries.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Thos ships dont pass through the canal until tonight. I think Israel is just sitting tight right now to see if they actually enter.

If they are going to hit the ships, it will either before they enter, or after the exit. Taking them out in the canal will shut it down.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
China will send their "1" aircraft carrier over? Highly doubtful. Have they even finished construction of it?

All i got to say is, i hope to hell the U.S keeps their big nose out of it.

Its been long over due to cut the umbilical cord between U.S and Israel. We have enough problems of our own to keep backing them.
Just sayin

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

its just funny seeing people make claims like that, while discounting all other nations they by stuff from. It would be like saying France can stop a chinese invasion of Tiawan because at one point they were the largest arms supplier to China.

I just think at ties we give to much credit to the Us and not enough to the people in these countries.

Don't underestimate billions of US dollars in aid and agreements, the ties are secure between the Egyptian military and the US... At least for the time being.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If these ships are about to enter the Suez then its means they have been in the Red Sea for days....why is Israel just saying this now? it may be too late...they may be in the canal already.

Or maybe those Israeli subs that passed through the canal a while back will be sitting on the other side and will pop the Iranian ships once they exit the other side of the canal?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I think anyone is foolish to not connect to dots here... The middle east is one big ant hill and everyone knows what each others doing. Iran obviously knew about the uprising that would soon happen. I dont think it is a coincidence that they anounced the warship movement before that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join