It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the US Gov using Weather Weapons in North Korea?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
A few days ago I watched a video that was posted here on ATS about "a former Navy Physicist who briefed President Lyndon B. Johnson on the effectiveness of weather control back in the 1960's during the Vietnam era, when he was involved in cloud seeding programs that worked to slow down the advance of Vietnamese and Korean troops."

Ben Livingston: The Father Of Weaponized Weather

It is now obvious to anyone who spends just a few minutes looking into this technology that it has been used in the past (to great effect) and it is therefore reasonable to assume that it continues to be used (to even greater effect) in the present.

However, people are often far too quick to assume that EVERY natural disaster, especially the major ones that spend the next couple of weeks plastered on our television screens, are the result of some sort of HAARP related conspiracy.

In the wake of the 2010 Haiti earthquake there were numerous mentions of HAARP as the possible cause, whilst these same persons seemed to ignore the fact that the island of Hispaniola, shared by Haiti and the Dominican Republic, is seismically active and has a history of destructive earthquakes.

The same can be said for the Chinese quake in 2008 when, once again, people were very quick to jump on the event as further evidence that HAARP was at work. But large-scale, devastating earthquakes like this aren't new to China, far from it. In fact, three of the top five deadliest natural disasters of the past century have occurred in China.

However, I am very open to the possibility that this sort of weather technology is in use and I'm going to be using the example of N.Korea.

As a result of North Korea's secretive nature and its reluctance to allow in foreigners, it isn't widely known that the country suffered a devastating famine in the 1990's. The country fell victim to a of series of environmental crises during this time, as weather patterns became increasingly unstable and unpredictable. N.Korea seemed to leap from massive floods to prolonged droughts and, as a result, it is estimated that, from a population of approximately 22 million, between 900 000 and 3.5 million people died from starvation or hunger-related illnesses.

This type of severe weather continued though:

'Hundreds dead' in N Korea floods
- A South Korean aid group has said that in actuality a phenomenal 58,000 were left dead or missing. There has been no more comment from the North Korean government.

The Korean Times reported on January 27 of this year that the South Korean “government is checking up on the possibility of using weather modification techniques to prevent monsoon rains interrupting the 2002 World Cup matches. The paper reports "Both the U.S. and Russia have commercialized rain and hailstorm prevention programs." Meanwhile, North Korea continues to suffer the aftereffects of a decade-long drought.

source

I thought that last line was particularly poignant.

Just to highlight how erratic and unpredictable it has become in N.Korea...

Severe Flooding Hits China and North Korea

...and a couple of months later...

North Korea Faces 'Alarming' Drought, Declining Food Aid: U.N

The weather has been so unusual that it is now being blamed on Global Warming:

Climate change hits Korea

lobal warming or climate change has been thought of as something reserved for the next generation to worry about. However, the weather affecting the Korean Peninsula these days would seem to belie this.

Recent weather conditions — quite different from the norm — indicate that Korea is already under the influence of global warming, weather experts say.

Weeks of downpours, sizzling summer heat and record snowfall last winter are all associated with the phenomenon and it is the warmer than usual Pacific Ocean that could be responsible.

source

Now what piqued my interest recently was a CIA document entitled: North Korea: Assessing the Impact of Flooding on Agricultural Output

It states that it's aims are:

To establish a baseline and methodology for judging the impact of future flooding on agricultural output and by implication North Korea’s need for food imports, OSW analysts conducted a comprehensive review of information on major flood events in North Korea since 1996. The four variables related to flooding that appear to have the most influence on agriculture are: the geographic area hit and the total area submerged; rainfall intensity (the amount of rainfall over a period of time); the time of year when flooding occurs and impedes or delays critical farming operations; and the scope and severity of non-agricultural infrastructure damage that distracts the labor force from farming and undermine labor productivity in the fields.

Am I the only one who is a little suspicious about the actual aims of this document?

That, coupled with the following article: The Tactics of Using Food as a Weapon, basically sums up my theory.

Environmental warfare is defined as the intentional modification or manipulation of the natural ecology, such as climate and weather, earth systems such as the ionosphere, magnetosphere, tectonic plate system, and/or the triggering of seismic events (earthquakes) to cause intentional physical, economic, and psycho-social, and physical destruction to an intended target geophysical or population location, as part of strategic or tactical war." (Eco News)

The Ultimate Weapon of Mass Destruction: "Owning the Weather" for Military Use

Could the US be using weather weapons of some kind to weaken/threaten North Korea?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Although I wouldn't doubt that the US is using the weather against North Korea. I also don't put it past their dictator to use it against his own country, and blame us. But, let's not forget China either. They've invested a lot of money in this science in the recent years.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Interesting question, if the USA is directly manipulating North Korea's weather then it does make me a bit angry, surely they realise the massive amount of suffering these freak weather patterns cause the ordinary people of North Korea and the fact that it has led to the death of thousands of people through starvation.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
most likely they are doing it !
see south korea and the snow there...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The only way America is using weather manipulation to affect N Korea is insofar as they are one of the biggest contributors to anthropogenic climate change
Although I think extreme weather events around the world of late are mainly down to a severe El Nino followed by a very strong La Nina.

And so far as cloud seeding goes - remember back in the 1960s they said we'd all be living on the Moon or commuting in flying cars by now. Simple fact is, after decades of study, there is still no demonstratable evidence today that it works.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
And presumably America is also using weather manipulation to weaken America and Europe and Australia ......? Although not Arctic Canada. In fact, maybe it's them pesky eskimos behind it all?!!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I wouldn't put it past him either.

But the fact that he has never spoken out about it leads me to believe that is isn't his handiwork. Plus, I don't think they have the technology to use in the first place. It's bad enough they're going nuclear!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Agreed. But that's the curious thing. He hasn't said anything about it at all. But then, he wouldn't if he were trying to keep up appearances. Guess we'll just have to see if there are any further developments over there. I truly feel sorry for that country's common people though.

top topics

join