It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I'm seeing it too. It looks like they turned down the sensitivity. The 3.4 looks tiny, and there's the smaller ones are barley noticable, when before they were pronounced. Something is different.

I've never been called robini before. I had some Germans dub me robinski once though.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Why would they turn it down? I don't understand are they trying to hide how big they really are or what is going on?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
thank you but what i mean is the data was looking just like day 54 (with all of the little background data and small quakes. then on the green line after the second small one. i refreshed the screan and all of the micro data that was there turned into a strait line. I was wondering if it was just my computer? or if others showed just a flat line with just the bigger data?

Sorry years locked up on a boat talking to myself lol. Its hard sometimes to get my ideas out lol. I talk tomyself in shorthand lmao.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Something is VERY different. Screen sensitivity is lower by a factor of more than 5 as far as I can see. I will see if this is just a screen thing or if they have adjusted the instrument.

More than that - look at the numbers written on the right hand side of the plot. That gives the number of counts per pixel resolution. 0.029+ is now 5.2+
edit on 23/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

like they turned it down. and scrubed out the data i had a bunch of constant noise till they scrubbed it or whatever.
looked like the botom of page 54
i have it refreshing every min for the past hour or so. data on min no data the next, it was one long rumble seemed to me from the 3.4 to the last one in in green.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Fritzthecat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey

Why would they turn it down? I don't understand are they trying to hide how big they really are or what is going on?

Well it's different for sure. But I could use a different system if I have to.
Puterman, you're on GEE, is there any different there? I don't want to switch. But now you can barley see the small ones. I mean it's not censorship, but it's something.

I checked the side of the webicoder and it's definately been changed.

I just spent five mintues trying to figure out a logical explaination. I got none.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I am still hearing some rumbling off and on but not feeling anything at the present time.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I can get on GEE but I don't normally use it. TA is the GEE man or westcoast.

I will see if I can pull a waveform for today UTC.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

it didnt happen till i hit the link on this page
frackingarkansas.wordpress.com...

when i went to the link is when it switched over? bad link? thats why i put conspiracy lol. I had my originial up, and it showed tons of smaller ones. then when i went to the other link it was flat lined. then when i refreshed my originial it flashed and took off all of the and replaced it with flatlines. so if they reset the machine it reset the data it had recorded beforhand

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

If you check the other stations, they're all the same. It's the only one that has been changed.

Hmmmm.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Just a strange thougth. if there is a big one in while. it would show they know somthing. like if they where adjusting it so it would record a bigger one. Without being blacked out with data?
put a link to the other recorders on the web site see if they change also. like a media blackout?
edit on 23-2-2011 by Fritzthecat because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Fritzthecat

That is strange - the before and after. Who's messing with the seismos? Okay
we won't go there. None the less Susan heard and felt it so it happened.

link   

edit on 23-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: 4 posts - okay I just broke a record

link   

edit on 23-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: triple posts

link   

edit on 23-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: Triple posts - happening all the time again

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

No I'm sure the change has been at the source. I've been on the main one and it happening when they switch days.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

would it help to have a screenshot from GEE at the time of the 3.4? If so, I have it. Never having inserted a graphic, I`m not sure how on this site (kinda new here).

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
i should never have refreshed my originial. darnit. but it showed what was like a catapilar all the way to the second green one like one long quake

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

You will find that the link you provided is now showing day 55 as I changed it from day 54. I usually do it about 1 hour after UTC Midnight to give people time to get a full page copy. It is the same in my signature. Gets switched about the same time.

If you look at the top if the screen the vertcal scale has gone from 9E-6 to 50E-6 in other words about 5 times less sensitive. I believe the count is the max count that was recorded and this shows 37,316 counts for dat 55 and 7,148 counts on day 54.

Looking through my stored copies this figure seems to change regularly but NONE of then show such a high count the highest being around 10,000.

I have not worked out yet what this does so I can only suggest that it may be some sort of automatic thing since these are automated plots that are produced on demand.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I heard and felt it also....It didn't feel like a 3.4 and now I see it's been downgraded to a 2.6 It felt more like a wave going through the house instead of a hard jolt like the other ones.
edit on 23-2-2011 by NTS1960 because: ?

new topics

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join