It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
We had a Arluk who is or was in the oil industry on the thread explaining Fracking from the beginning of the initial drill too the end...only 1 or 2 people responded, which was too bad because Arluk offered a wealth of information IMHO on fracking ....I hope Arluk is still following the thread....
This is an awesome thread!!

I lived in the block that made the cover of ALL the magazines during the 7.2 Quake in Northridge CA...

Ektar

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Someone might have already posted this link, but when the birds died, I commented everywhere about Fracking gas wells. Before its news did a great ariticile with maps and a map of all the gas wells in the area, that is a shocker..."Fracking the Life out of Arkansas and Beyond"

politics.beforeitsnews.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Fracking is where they blow up the tectonics below a faultline right?
edit on 22-2-2011 by CordDragonzord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by moonleaf

Now, everytime they say and exercise I just get a sick feeling. Just 2 weeks ago everyone had to turn in the radio recivers which the arsenl gave everyone in a 50 miles radius to warn the public to evacuate in case something got released. I wish they would have let us keep them. Now they are having these exercises I wish I had just kept it. If all of the chemical weapons have been destroyed why are they having an exercise????

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
any of you who live here in the memphis area know of andy wise at channel 5.....he is a hardline investigator...maybe we can get him involved in tryin to investigate the frackers...or maybe even one of the other stations...im sure theres a sweeps coming up soon they might pick it up....

on the other hand...i talked to my mother tonight...she lives right outside indianapolis,in she was tellin me how their experiecing quakes there too...i referred her to this thread...to show her whats goin on...i let her know im currently planning an evacuation route....gettin everything ready incase i wake up to the shake....

and my thoughts and prayers are to those in new zealand as well...we need as many prayers from that way back here when all hell breaks loose...so i hope as many people can make it as possible...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
My heart goes out to those in NZ as well...
They have had it bad
First they have a really high number of earthquakes in 2010 with some really big ones
and hydrofracking really got underway in nz the same year
and with all the fish and bird deaths they had in 2010

I remember back a week or so ago they had like 45 quakes in one day :-(

kinda reminds you of arkansas in a way...except no big ones there Yet
edit on 22-2-2011 by okiecowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsaying
reply to post by maybee

The local news in Memphis has been reporting on the quakes, just not in depth. But throughout the weekend I have seen numerous reports from 2 news stations (channels 3 and 5) with the maps of Arkansas and the epicenters layed out, so yes they are monitoring the quakes, but also downplaying that there is anything to worry about. That really bothers me, because these swarms are so numerous, and instead of telling their viewers this is no big deal, they should be telling viewers that they can't forecast quakes and they should always have an emergency plan in place and be prepared regardless. To me they are being irresponsible.

Thanks... I'll try to watch more this week. I was outside a lot this weekend and didn't watch as much as usual. I usually watch 3 and 5 too, so hopefully more will be on, though they did "kill" the dead bird story last month (no pun intended) pretty quickly.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CordDragonzord

Information about fracking: frackingarkansas.wordpress.com...

@nofrackingar is now on twitter

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by CordDragonzord

Information about fracking: frackingarkansas.wordpress.com...

@nofrackingar is now on twitter

GREAT JOB......KUDOS!! from yet another grateful human.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by lovebledhate

Hey, I'm a Memphis resident too. That is a good idea about Andy Weiss, but he normally sticks to issues in and around the Memphis area, mostly consumer issues. However, it's a very important topic and one I bet he would be interested in regardless. If those of us from Memphis who have been on this thread sent him an email, we might get his attention on this issue. I know he's got the balls to look into it, especially with all of those pictures coming back from New Zealand and the reality of what we are facing here in Memphis when the day comes.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
frackingarkansas.wordpress.com...

I jumped right in. The water's fine. Show your support and sign up and leave a comment.
I quess I'll have to learn to twitt as well. I've been called a twit before.
I have a facebook account, but I'm not really active. I was thinking we need something like the Egyptians.

A Facebook account called Friends of Arkansas or something like that. Arkansans are a threatened (species) people. Facebook could act like a petition. And link to the Fracking Arkansas Page and Twitter.

So don't be shy. The water isn't that cold. People power needs numbers. Arkansas is a small state and it's residents scattered far and wide. Even if one person stands up to the gas companies, their neighbours may not be able to resist.

The oilmen will just make a longer straw and drink everyone's milkshake anyway.
They're already shaking the ground, and shaking down everyone in Arkansas.
Doing nothing lets evil men do as they want.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

I did a belly-flop right behind you, Robin. Things are slow in the morning at ATS, I am sure a lot more people will be seeing and joining the blog tonight!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I'm sorry I can't seem to be able to post a link but if you want to see how our concerns are being treated go to youtube and look at ( earthquake swarm related to natural gas drilling? Town meeting guy, Ar. 11 9 2010 ) . There are certainly concerned people here and for good reason. If this has already been posted I apologize.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NTS1960

This also on Fracking Arkansas now

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

@nofrackingar has 3 followers already!!

Things are starting to roll!

Need input - I cannot do all of this. I am looking at the list of links to see what I can put up there.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Excellent! Thank you Puterman, it is something...

I am there now. Looking at the graphs I am hoping this swarm is over for now and the silence will remain!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I have been lurking here on ATS for years but this will be my first post, so please bear with me

I have been following this thread from the beginning and I have to say, way to go! The people that have put their time and effort into this thread are amazing. With that said.....

The more I learn about fracking, the more I am shocked and flabbergasted that this practice is allowed to continue. I would like to help in any way that I can to get the word out. I have a skill set that could be helpful to the cause ( I have a marketing/business degree and MUCH experience with research and presentation) and I am more than willing to give of my time to make a difference.

Puterman, let me know what is needed and I will help any way that I can. Again....excellent thread and information!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
First post but long time lurker on Fragile Earth...joined to express my concern for fracking . When searching for fracking on google I wanted to also include New Zealand . There are links to many news stories about fracking in New Zealand.
The following link was very informative and also kinda goes along with Robin discussing Facebook.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Don't worry puterman, I'll be the most enthusiastic cheerleader. I am urging all of you to register and post a simple comment. Just like signing a petition. Maybe we could have a part where people can formally sign petition. I'll start a Facebook Page, but that's not my speciality. So, I'll wait and see if someone wants the job first. I'll be a gopher and will fill gaps wherever I can. But I think all of you know that organization is not my strong suit. It's a rebel thing- long years in the trenches at school. I am creative and I want everyone to steal my ideas and expand them.

I'm so glad the swarm has settle down. So, I can exhale and reflect. And although I read every post. I only noted what I could and I am going to reread the whole thing start to finish. There's also so leads I still need to track down. I've got time today and I intend to write all day. I will probably hide and write on another tread so I don't distract too much. I'm sure my thoughts will be scattered and whriling like an out of control pinwheel full of fireworks. Killed the birds, ya. So, I may direct you to Robinesque Ruminations if there's something useful but not exactly relevant.

Puterman, the graphs and charts and links and everything is much appreciated. I knew you long ago that you stongly suspected fracking and injection as the cause of the swarm. That's mosty because it's one of the few things where we agreed. It has been refreshing to watch your evolution. You started as a mild skeptic and suddenly became an activist. And people marvel at the metamorphisis of a butterfly. Your transformation makes flutterbys seem old school and boring.

I'm not forgetting anyone. I feel so bad that I couldn't answer some of your questions or tell you how much your participation means to me. So, all of you take a bow. Your hard work is applauded. So, participate even more by signing on to the Fracking Arkansas site and bring along your friends. Contact any officials or media people to create a buzz and send them to our research center.

There's more, much more. So, take a second and sit back. Because in my next post, I'm going to go off the deep end, here comes one of my patented rants.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
Don't worry puterman, I'll be the most enthusiastic cheerleader. I am urging all of you to register and post a simple comment.

So, participate even more by signing on to the Fracking Arkansas site and bring along your friends. Contact any officials or media people to create a buzz and send them to our research center.

There's more, much more. So, take a second and sit back. Because in my next post, I'm going to go off the deep end, here comes one of my patented rants.

I was right behind you Robin. Be sure to use the website line of your comment as well, you can link back to here by putting page 1 of this thread or something else relevant in it.

new topics

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join