It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
People, please say a pray for our friend Moorfnz - she's from NZ near Christchurch - 6.3 quake just now with many aftershocks occuring, major damage being reported
- folks, this could you here in or much worse.

edit on 21-2-2011 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Not good. 5.6 and 6.3 in Christchurch.

Looks as if the 6.3 is about where the 7 was

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Yep, I couldn't remember who was from there.........prayers go out

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Praying for everyone in NZ

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

thoughts and prayers for all in new zealand

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Prayers and thoughts go out to NZ.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Prayers and thoughts for all in NZ.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Love and light to those affected in NZ

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
MoorfNZ just replied in the Christcurch Quake thread, so at least alive
sounds bad though

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Is that the P wave from NZ Showin up in the WH seismo? It looks like there's another small bump in there amingst the long wave.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Yes, those are P waves. There was a small quake mixed in a bit ago and another one right now around 2.0 to 2.2..

Moonfrnz reported that she is okay and her husband, friends not answering texts and major damage.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Piers Morgan on CNN has finally announced the NZ quake. Is on now, will be discussing it soon.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Peace and Love to those in New Zealand

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
BHP Billiton makes $4075 bln move into shale gas

In BHP's first big purchase since failing on three mega-deals in the last three years, the global miner said it was buying Chesapeake's holdings in Arkansas' Fayetteville shale natural gas field, getting a huge foot in the door of the world's largest gas market.

Chesapeake's Fayetteville shale assets include about 487,000 acres of leasehold and producing natural gas properties in Arkansas in the U.S., one of the world's 30 largest gas fields.

Chesapeake said the deal with BHP Billiton Petroleum included existing net production of about 415 million cubic feet of natural gas equivalent per day and about 420 miles of pipeline.

BHP aims to triple daily production from the new asset as the field is developed, and plans to spend $800 million to $1 billion a year over 10 years to develop the field, Yeager said.

More fraking earthquakes to come.....

edit on 21-2-2011 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by UtahRosebud

Originally posted by westcoast
I would definately download it Puterman (on my PC, not this piece of crap laptop I am running GEE on right now to free up the PC for the rest of my family)

So the question is, who to send it to? Who would write a worthy story highlighting all of the graphs, gifs and located douments to back this up? It needs to be a media outlet that is recognized and gets enough attention to spread the info, but not mainstream enough to be 'above the radar'. Any ideas?

The first thought that came into my mind, would be Anderson Cooper at CNN. In his AC360 nightly show, he always has segments called "Keeping Them Honest". And that would be the PERFECT way to try and get his attention.

Additionally... it was Anderson Cooper who kept up the most with Hurricane Katrina and the aftermath of that. He didn't leave Louisianna for months!

Great Idea. My 100% support on this. Send info to Anderson Cooper and anyone and everyone else that comes to mind. Maybe someone there in Arkansas can find a rig worker that wants to blow the whistle. Those guys working on the drilling rigs, you can guarantee they are scared sh*tless feeling the shaking and might talk.(anonymously) They only do the work because the money is good. As for the patterns on the seismos, if the crews work like coal miners; they will work 3 crews, non-stop, 24/7 in twelve hour shifts, weekends too.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Yes the (not P) S-wave is showing on the trace as a wobbly line. No clear form. That is the Christchurch 6.3.

Fracking Arkansas is ready to accept input.

frackingarkansas.wordpress.com...

Edit: This page (or set of pages) can be used as a repository of information that we want people to have access to. Whilst subjects like the NMSZ have been covered by many it would not hurt to have a page on that with reference links.

I think we should have two or three editors or contributors. If you want to be an editor I will need an email address that I can send an invite to, and you will have to create a wordpress login. If you already have one let me know and I can add you directly. This needs to be structured as a professional presentation so I would suggest no more than 3 people, but we should also discuss content. I will create a discussion page which will be passworded.

edit on 21/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Very Nice!

I'm envious, wish I was that computer literate.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Way to go Putermen if it your site

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

They were very cloak and dagger about my insisting on the importance of having this on my policy. I mentioned the NMFZ and they were surprised that I even knew about it... Duh, so what to do? I am so screwed because I KNOW FEMA will not bail me out. All I can do is hope it burns the house down during the EQ...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
As of 2/21, 91 earthquakes in 2 weeks in this 1 central location north of Little Rock.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join