It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Checking in from Arkansas again. We live in NW Arkansas. I have a couple of things to add to this topic.

First, my husband was digging on some property that we own in Madison County. It was slow going until he hit sand. He dug out a very large area and found a somewhat conical shaped "sand blow". He said that it was very large in circumference. He was really curious about this sand since our property is in a very mountainous region. After reading about sand blows, he decided that is what it had to be.

Second, as far as military activity increasing in Arkansas, I found this link regarding the Pine Bluff area:
www.stuttgartdailyleader.com...

Also, a little odd side story, but the day before the unprecedented snow storm that we had here on the 9th, there was a large army convoy of humvees heading to Ft. Smith from Missouri. Documented proof due to an accident they were involved in:
www.5newsonline.com...

Then on the 9th, the humvees were sent out to assist stranded motorists and areas hard hit by the storm. I found this odd due to the timing. Maybe they have convoys everyday, I do not know, but it really stuck out to me.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KathyG427
Just tossing this out there -- I'm wondering if the recent snow (and melt) that hit Arkansas has any thing to do with the quakes. The snow melted the weekend before the quakes started here. Also the temps went from well below freezing to 70 degrees within a couple of days.

One would think that if that were the case then it would occur every spring or that every area prone to earthquakes would be experiencing this.

Enjoying the weather though!

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Well I'm trying to do my part.....I just got off the phone with a Chesapeake representative. I told him I had no interest in leasing my land to them for gas drilling. Even though my wife and I could certainly use the money, I told him their $12,500.00 offer was a slap in my face and an insult because of what they are doing to my home and state. I was I was just up and running about how sick I was of my home shaking, all the roads getting torn to pieces, people being run over and killed by their trucks that are everywhere, and our ground water being polluted perhaps beyond repair when he hung up on me. I know if they can get the majority of the land owners in my section to lease to them then they can force me to lease my property to them but at least I feel I'm making a stand against them for now and I don't plan to go down quietly. Nerves are starting to get pretty frayed around here and I hope a lot more people will start taking a stand against them. I'd like to thank those who are working hard trying to figure this situation out and bring this to the public light and your concern for the people here. It's much appreciated. So Thank You and please keep up the good fight. PS: we're booming again!
edit on 21-2-2011 by NTS1960 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NTS1960

As well put as a certain general once said when surrounded "NUTS" .
Well said sir/madam,, a stand taken is a stand noted. And you have earned a right to be called an example of an American we the world once knew and admired. I applaud u sir./madam

edit on 21-2-2011 by BobAthome because: chauvanism

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Just had a couple of rumbles roll thru here

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

I can see them here
www.iris.washington.edu...

Are you reporting that you feel these quakes on USGS Kathy?
edit on 21-2-2011 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
That quake was another double tap.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NTS1960

Thank you for standing up and telling them what you know they are doing, they most likely think they had it all hid very well. Pass your conversation with this man to as many people as you can, be sure and tell them about the hang up (that shows right there they don't want be bothered), they want to continue putting peoples lives in danger. Good work!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
That double spike looks odd, any thoughts from those who study these things?

I was really hoping this would stop bht it seems to just keep rumbling on?

Ever get any input into the Louisiana signals?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Are you reporting that you feel these quakes on USGS Kathy?

I've reported some but definitely not all that I've felt...that would keep me pretty busy

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
You wanna really get scared...take at look at this:www.globalsecurity.org...

this website details what exactly goes on at Pine Bluff Arsenal (located just 35 miles SE of Little Rock). It's alarming if it were in the middle of nowhere, let alone in a highly active seismic area. Among other things:

The Pine Bluff Chemical Activity’s specific mission is to store its stockpile of 3,850 tons of chemical weapons until they are disposed of through the Chemical Stockpile Disposal Program.

Currently, it manufactures chemical, smoke, riot control, incendiary, and pyrotechnic mixes and munitions. Limited production facilities also are used to manufacture chemical defense items such as clothing and protective masks. Pine Bluff is the only active site at which white phosphorous-filled weapons are loaded
[/quote

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well, that may be dated info as I have found other sites that say all of the chemical weapons were destroyed in November 2010. Sorry if I am fearmongering but it still sounds like an odd place to have army exercises at.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Taking a look at this page Shows that FEMA still has to RFI's (request for information) regarding emergency supplies in the area.

There was an RFI for food as well but that one has since been cancelled. They've found sufficiensour es for the meals bht it seems like they're still sourcing blankets and hydration supplies. The thing I found odd about the RFI for meals was that several of the companies that were listed are in areas that would be severely affected by any large seismic event.

Oh by the way, I've figured out what the media means by "normal"

Nefariously
Obfuscated
Reality
Masquerading
As
Legitimacy

Just thought I'd throw that out there

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Robin, yes those double-taps stand out in my mind in regards to Yellowstone. Only other place I have seen it. I have no idea what that means...except maybe it has to do with gas/water/pressure either being released or moving around with the quakes?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Chesapeake Energy sells the Northern Arkansas Shale Gas fields to the Australian Firm BHP Billiton , for $4.75 billion.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Doing a bit of googleing brought me this article from back in January. It seems as though some people in the area are doing their best but I also seems as though a lot of people either don't know or don't care about the possible danger to themselves.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
My husband and I have always been intrigued by the geology of Arkansas. After visiting Hot Springs, the diamond mine in Murfreesboro and rockhounding in Magnet Cove, we have come to find that our home state has a lot of oddities.

One really interesting fact, the third largest diamond in the state was found in Searcy, AR which is approx. 40-50 miles from the earthquake swarm. The explanation for this has been attributed to a Native American found a "pretty rock" in Murfreesboro, traveled to Searcy(175 miles away), and then dropped it in a wooded area.

Magnet Cove is also quite interesting. We found kimzeyite crystals there which are very unique to that area. In fact they are rarely found elsewhere. One place that I could find was in a volcanic area in Italy.

Which makes me wonder about Arkansas' volcanic past. This story made my jaw drop:
www.suite101.com...

And of course this story which is from the aftermath of the New Madrid quake (March18th1812 Russellville Feb26):
www.rootsweb.ancestry.com...

I believe that our state may take us by surprise one day.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I want to say Google Scholar brought up some interesting reading when I typed New Madrid Fault. Hope that helps.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

I would be very careful about trusting anything that particular site says. I have seen it make some outrageous claims in the past and it is often filled with speculative information - quite apart from all it's nasty pop-ups that are red on WOT.
edit on 21/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think we have some New Zealand members on this thread??? Just in 6.3

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join