It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by herenow

Yes, I read an articile when I was researching well fracking, and it said the gas companies got a lot of regulation exemptions. The same as BP, they don't have to use any safe guards or proper disposal of poison waste water. Why even have anykind of regulations if Washington gives the freedom to destroy the enviornment.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Another way to spread the word would be to post some of the information we've uncovered here in the comments sections of any of the media's web reporting on this. I'm talking opinions about the articles backed up by the source links we've produced. A sort of ATSing of the MSM if you will. We all know that there are very few reports that are different from one another in their paucity of included detail.

Whether it be a national level outlet or a local station. There are a number of reports beginning to show up in several places but as all of us know they are very shallow. By adding depth to the very thin surface hinted at by the MSM, we might be able to get more interested parties to take notice.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Interesting clip about Fracking

James (Chip) Northrup, former gas/oil industry planning manager discusses some of the major problems of using high-volume slick-water horizontal hydraulic fracturing (hydrofracking) gas drilling method in NY.

Clip

Yes, I know he is talking about New York and he does talk about fracking fluids in Aquifers but he also talks about fracking faults as well.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I thought this up.
how long does it take to drill a section of pipe?
how long does it take to screw in a new section of pipe? and then start drilling
you could base a time frame, example only!!!!
90 foot section of pipe, takes 1 hour to drill, 20 min to clamp in and start redrilling..
so that gives you 1 hour 20 min between drill to drill. start ups

Same thing for pumping
how long to empty out a tanker of fluids and pump?
how long to change out tankers?
5,000 gallons=1 hour+20 min to change tanker. etc.
so If there was a shock effect. from the either the drills restarting, or the pumps injecting.
would a siesmo pick up those shocks?
and what would be the amplification effects on those on the surounding strata?
sorry if i think to much lol. Just have cabin fever bad. Too much snow for to long.

then with that you could factor in lunch breaks, shift changes, breakdowns. with all of those factors i think one could be able to show in a siesmo if there was a affect somehow.
A few local people could either watch or have family members to come up with a work scedule, when and where the drilling/pumping, at any given time was taking place. It would have to involve a few people to make a log of activity at the wells.

this is what made me think it up. Its monday and all of the little lines fall in nice neat rows lol.
www.iris.washington.edu...

edit on 21-2-2011 by Fritzthecat because: forgot the link

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Facebook and twitter are the darlings of the MSM. You can't hear a single story without a reference to one of them...maybe post it all on one of those. Or as has been brought up earlier in the thread (only as a docu-drama ref.) someone like Erin Brokavich or another eco-friendly activist....say Michael Moore? Maybe that's going too far?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

I've posted a few of these items to my facebook account, too bad all my friends are so self-absorbed none of them bothered to read anything I've posted

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Ok still working on theory, Ark. maybe grienbrier area, within the hour, 4.0 STILL JUST A THEORY.
Please once again this is only so that anyone in the area can report events IF this plays out.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

That's the problem with the conventional social media...it's mostly young people who are still self-centered and only concerned with where the next party is. Just a stage of growing up, but harder to understand the further away we get from it.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I think there is a way to spread this if we organize it. I mean seriously organize it.

We need to come up with a 'master post' or even a web page that organizes all of this. Has the images Puterman has put together, snatches of the most pertinenet statements out of the best articles and then links to said articles.

THEN...we, the ATS members saturate the medias best we can. We need to use the same tag lines and statements so that when someone runs a search, they get a massive list that all link back to the same 'source' page with the info on it. Am I making sense?

So, say that I go to 20 of my local news stations websites and find either an article or member comment section and write the same headline, or tagline (whatever we come up with, such as: Increasing earthquakes in Arkansas; A foreboding of a New Madrid rupture and how fracking might be causing it.)

Then a link to wherever we decide to put the 'master post'.

Then, if someone searches :

Arkansas earthquakes
New madrid earthquakes
Fracking and earthquakes
Arkansas/fracking/earthquakes

They will get a flood of links that all take them where we want them to go.

Does this make sense? Is it possible to orchestrate?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
Ok still working on theory, Ark. maybe grienbrier area, within the hour, 4.0 STILL JUST A THEORY.
Please once again this is only so that anyone in the area can report events IF this plays out.

Yup, I agree. Four hours now of relative silence. This seems to preclude a 3.5 or greater. The longer it goes, the bigger it'll be. If we have one this hour, I would guess 3.5 -3.8. It lasts past another hour, then I suspect it'll be in the 4.0 range again. I would expect to see some more of those 'multiple' qaukes stacked up with it possibly too.

Go ahead and look back through the siesmos LINK

To see previous days, go change the 52 in the address line to 51, 50 and so on to go backwards. Count the 'silent' (or relative silence) in the time prior to the larger spikes, you'll see what I mean.
edit on 21-2-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

It makes perfect sense and is something worthy of consideraton. It will take a bit of effort and determination but i do no think that those would be lacking. I would contribute as I am able.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
What if the rest of the country (those who wouldn't be affected if a major quake happens) could care less and won't even click on the link? What if we posted it under a headline that would be sure to grab the majority of people's attention...something not even related to the earthquakes. Maybe pull a Fox News and use something scandalous like a sports hero admitting he's gay or Prominent Politician caught in KKK garb. Something so ridiculous that most people out of sheer curiosity would have to click on it? I mean no offense to anyone with the examples I'm using..just that most people would rather hear idle gossip the actual news

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I think thats a great idea..If we get it out to enough, one is bound to pick up the story.

Now what needs to be done first?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

The thing is, IF, the fault did produce a large seismic event, the entire rest of the country WOULD be affected. Redcloak, for his combative posting style, does have a point inasmuch as I think people have a preconceived notion of what a certain magnitude quake would do damage wise. I'm not wanting to argue the point of contention that seems to be the reported magnitude of the 1811-12 quakes, i think that DOES deserve a thread of it's own.

Regardless of that the damage today would be much greater both in terms of property and people. Neither of which I want to happen.

Whether frac'ing could contribute to a bigger event (and I personally think it to be possible) or not the damage being done reaches more than know of it.
edit on 21-2-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Typo

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Here we go, smaller quakes starting up. If it follows the previous pattern, there will probably be one or two and then a bigger one.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Try to make it a petition type political action group. Try to look at wiki-leaks model. Possible anonymous type spin offs. Also see if we could entice industry insiders into an anonymous testimonies. When I started this thread I was just hoping to get a couple of people together for a sing-along protest circle. Glad, I lit a fire. Better now than after the tap water starts combusting in every home in Arkansas, and in other communities where drilling pads are popping up like bad mushrooms.
edit on 21-2-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Just tossing this out there -- I'm wondering if the recent snow (and melt) that hit Arkansas has any thing to do with the quakes. The snow melted the weekend before the quakes started here. Also the temps went from well below freezing to 70 degrees within a couple of days.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

Interesting. How come this has not been mentioned before. It could indeed have an effect.

@megabogie: Áno, ja by som pre ruské zásuvky (Yes, I prefer the Russian option)

Quakes by day: Sorry not much sign of them moving South,

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Could someone create a 3D layout of the depth and topical location? It may show a 'pocket' these gas companies are trying to frack..

It may show us a clearer picture if its a fault (by depth location--not all faults go perfectly vertical, many, like the New Madrid main fault is at 32 degree angle under Nashville) or something man-caused by fracking...

It would be interesting to see! Anyone? I thank you in advance if someone could do this!!
edit on 2/21/2011 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Now completely convinced the disturbances in Ark. are the result of pressure induced fracturing of the substructure caused by the actions of men and machine as opposed too mother nature and just a cycle. Simply put Fracking must stop or it will continue too worsen.

new topics

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join