It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by herenow
This link is to a page that contains links to articles that I believe will cover just about everything you ever wanted to know about deep well injection, and probably some things you would rather not know.

answers.google.com...

Following a link in that link lead me to this page that has a list of studies that is pages long. Several of which mention Colorado, specifically Paradox Valley. Now if you go and look further at the abstract of this study you will see that the USGS knew about injection related seismicity back in the '60s.

How far back do we need to go and how many more rocks do we need to overturn?

As far as is necessary and as many as hide those crawling parasites!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I will download it, and will appreciate all the work that will go into making it.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Just checked on insurance. I'm 50 miles north of Arkansas in SW MO, about 220 miles from Saint Louis and 280 miles from Memphis. My insurance company still offers EQ insurance. What do you think Robin or PM? Should I get it while I can?

I could easily envision some significant structural damage here, what I fear most though is fire. Almost everyone here uses natural gas, I know in EQ zones like southern CA they have seismic shut-off valves or excess flow gas shutoff valves that close to prevent explosions and fires. I don't have one and I have looked around and I have not seen any of them here, I assume it would be rather pointless to be the only one on the block that had one. A fire here would jump from house to house quickly, a valve might buy me 10 or 15 minutes extra time to pack belongings though.

Thanks for the thread and all of the excellent information and valuable insight.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I would still like to see it..however I know that would be lots of work on your part, so up to you :-)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Something just occured to me! I don't know why it hadn't earlier. Anyway, I was in marching band back in the day, and we always broke step, because of the resonance of the march and the bridge could create a collapse. For example the Tacoma Narrows bridge.
" Its main span collapsed into the Tacoma Narrows four months later on November 7, 1940, at 11:00 AM (Pacific time) due to a physical phenomenon known as aeroelastic flutter caused by a 67 kilometres per hour (42 mph) wind. The bridge collapse had lasting effects on science and engineering. In many undergraduate physics texts the event is presented as an example of elementary forced resonance with the wind providing an external periodic frequency that matched the natural structural frequency (even though the real cause of the bridge's failure was aeroelastic flutter[1]). Its failure also boosted research in the field of bridge aerodynamics/aeroelastics which have themselves influenced the designs of all the world's great long-span bridges built since 1940.

What I am thinking about, is since fracking is occuring in the area, would the rhytmic pulses of the drilling and injection, create a resonance, that the earth in its weakest spots be responding to? So I take it drilling operations do not cease over the weekend so had there been a break in activity because drilling had stopped that could have been speculated. So if there were to be a test, say even stop operations for say 6 hrs, wouldn't that give us enough association to determine if its a natural occuring swarm or manmade?

Please correct me but the correlation seems somewhat logical, doesn't it?

edit on 21-2-2011 by SunflowerStar because: spelling correction

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I would definately download it Puterman (on my PC, not this piece of crap laptop I am running GEE on right now to free up the PC for the rest of my family)

Puterman/Robin. I have been thinking more about this. I really think that if you pull that off Puterman, it is time to put all of this info together and present it to someone. I think the USGS already knows, so they are a waste of time. MSM is a part of keeping this under wraps, so they are also a waste of time.

So the question is, who to send it to? Who would write a worthy story highlighting all of the graphs, gifs and located douments to back this up? It needs to be a media outlet that is recognized and gets enough attention to spread the info, but not mainstream enough to be 'above the radar'. Any ideas?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunflowerStar
Something just occured to me! I don't know why it hadn't earlier. Anyway, I was in marching band back in the day, and we always broke step, because of the resonance of the march and the bridge could create a collapse. For example the Tacoma Narrows bridge.
" Its main span collapsed into the Tacoma Narrows four months later on November 7, 1940, at 11:00 AM (Pacific time) due to a physical phenomenon known as aeroelastic flutter caused by a 67 kilometres per hour (42 mph) wind. The bridge collapse had lasting effects on science and engineering. In many undergraduate physics texts the event is presented as an example of elementary forced resonance with the wind providing an external periodic frequency that matched the natural structural frequency (even though the real cause of the bridge's failure was aeroelastic flutter[1]). Its failure also boosted research in the field of bridge aerodynamics/aeroelastics which have themselves influenced the designs of all the world's great long-span bridges built since 1940."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacoma_Narrows_Bridge

What I am thinking about, is since fracking is accuring in the area, would the rhytmic pulses of the drilling and injection, create a resonance, that the earth in its weakest spots be responding to? So I take it drilling operations do not cease over the weekend so had there been a break in activity because drilling had stopped that could have been speculated. So if there were to be a test, say even stop operations for say 6 hrs, wouldn't that give us enough association to determine if its a natural occuring swarm or manmade?

Please correct me but the correlation seems somewhat logical, doesn't it?

I have one word in answer to this theory:

TESLA

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

That may be a possibility.

Or it could be that natural gas leaving one area, then the void filling up with waste injection water could form a sort of resonance. Like glug, glug, glug, when you turn a full gallon jug over to dump it out.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

From what I have read this DWI was invented in the 40's by Halliburton. I've seen numerous accounts of Halliburton being involved with Arkansas. Also read somewhere, wish I had saved the article but didn't, on Dick Cheney pushing Congress on limiting liability for operators of DWI in their new enviromental laws package, when he was VP

They appear not to be concerned, since Dr. Al-Shurkri pointed out it shouldn't cause any more than a 4..5 earthquake and that they could deal with the minor damage. Goes along with the moratorium on earthquake insurance, no sense having to pay people for minor damage and just in case there is a big one.wouldn't want the insurance company to go broke.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Refresh my memory if you have already covered this before. Why TESLA? Tesla org. or what?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I was thinking the same thing, when the gentlemen a few pages back posted about the contaminated water being injected. My thoughts went to the community in Oklahoma that is fighting the installation of some of these wells. I though the small town newspaper might just carry it considering their concerns for the enomous amount of saltwater drill waste being imported. I had posted a link to their town newspaper article. Seems a small town paper carrying something like this just might spread from there.

this is the link to the town in oklahoma:

findarticles.com...
edit on 21-2-2011 by herenow because: had to find the link

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Who would write a worthy story highlighting all of the graphs, gifs and located douments to back this up? It needs to be a media outlet that is recognized and gets enough attention to spread the info, but not mainstream enough to be 'above the radar'. Any ideas?

Presented properly there is one that would probably jump at it.

This one

of course if you really want to wind the PTB up you could try this one

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by herenow

This blog post was, I think, written to defend frac'ing but only condemns it further in my mind. If you look at what is presented it shows clear signs of carefully couched arguments by people with pockets that are being lined.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

My thinking is that the stopping of the drilling would not cease ruptures. As I have mentioned earlier in the thread, I have alot of shale here in my area and know first hand how it reacts after it has been disturbed. They have created frackers in the shale - these have injected god know what toxic doom into the earth. All of these things will spider web outward, and start to deteriate, once the breakdown occurs, this will lead to more fractures. Things have already been set in motion and will be a long time before they settle down - IMHO.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Here is a short pdf on what is used in fracking fluid. Probably not very accurate since its put out by energy in depth. I think the problem is when this fluid is used over and over, strained each time with new ingredients added and then, finally injected back into the ground.

www.energyindepth.org...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

There is big money in what they are doing, some of the hazards besides these earthquakes are already starting to be noticed. Sooner or later they won;t be able to buy their way out, but for alot of people it will already be to late. Either with the damage from earthquakes, or no usable drinking water within miles.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Westcoast, I have been thinking just that - how to get the word out as most have no clue about fracking and most that even know what it is have been trained by Them to think it is OK.. So, I think a good start would be to post Threads here on ATS in all forems asking the question at hand - Where do we go with the information we have learned and give a brief summary of what we have learned an follow it up with a link to this thread. Then we will get input from many (hopefully) and also be spreading the word here - remember you tell a friend, they tell a friend who tells 2 and the word will spread, just like that spider web.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
I would definately download it Puterman (on my PC, not this piece of crap laptop I am running GEE on right now to free up the PC for the rest of my family)

Puterman/Robin. I have been thinking more about this. I really think that if you pull that off Puterman, it is time to put all of this info together and present it to someone. I think the USGS already knows, so they are a waste of time. MSM is a part of keeping this under wraps, so they are also a waste of time.

So the question is, who to send it to? Who would write a worthy story highlighting all of the graphs, gifs and located douments to back this up? It needs to be a media outlet that is recognized and gets enough attention to spread the info, but not mainstream enough to be 'above the radar'. Any ideas?

The first thought that came into my mind, would be Anderson Cooper at CNN. In his AC360 nightly show, he always has segments called "Keeping Them Honest". And that would be the PERFECT way to try and get his attention.

Additionally... it was Anderson Cooper who kept up the most with Hurricane Katrina and the aftermath of that. He didn't leave Louisianna for months!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

ty govorish po-russki puterman?!?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Some geologists agree with you:

"As each of these different types of triggered events can occur up to several years after well activities have begun (or even several years after all well activities have stopped), "

from here:

www.springerlink.com...

But thats just the earthquakes, wait till some of that injected fluid gets into the aquifer.

new topics

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join