It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I was in Ft Smith last week and didn't feel anything. I have relatives in the area and they aren't reporting anything. My dad told me a story of my granddad, there was a huge storm blowing up, 6 kids, wife and dog all huddled around him in the center of their house, wind blowing hard, tornado baring down on them and he's sitting there in a chair in the center of the room with them all hanging on him. He tells them all it's going to be ok, it's going to be ok, sure enough the storm blows over they are fine. I never really understood that story until many years later there I was...almost same scenerio, wife, kids dog, tornado baring down on us and they're all looking to me and I'm saying it's ok, we're going to be alright...and sure enough the storm blows over...the point is...you have to be the calm in the eye of the storm...we have to man up and stop stirring each other's pots so much. This stuff has always happened, it's just people weren't able to go on the web and get each other stirred up...so i'm going to tell you this...it's going to be alright, we're going to be ok...this too shall pass and we will all carry on...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by Greenize

this certainly won't get you laughed out. It's just the type of personal accounts we are looking for. Most of us quake watchers know that sometimes our pets are the best guage for quakes.

I have a small dog that has been predicting small,local quakes in my area very accurately for the past couple of months. I have it documented here on my other threads. This is what she does:

Shakes...sometimes very hard.
Rolls her eyes, looking around at something that she thinks is there but can't see
Hides under my computer desk...or sits on my feet if I am standing somewhere.
She has thrown up a couple of times...or wont take treats (VERY unusuall for her)

She seems to do this one to four hours from the time of the quake. They are usually whithin 20 miles of our house, and shallow. (Although I live in a seismic area, it is not normal to have them in my local area)

My other dog is a bit different. He predicted a couple of the big quakes last year. He will bark very hard for no reason, run around and act very restless. He does it very close to the actuall quakes....minutes. These tend to be very large quakes that are far away. My theory is that even though its far away, it involves the same fault, so he can hear it.

SO...I would definately pay attention to your pets and other animals. How close are you to these quakes? I would like to pull up a seismic station as close to you as possible.

I guess I'm out of luck. I have a French Bulldog that will go out in a tornado to do his business. No fear

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
So puterman....(or anyone else
) are these quakes?

LINK

Main source

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
This may get me laughed out of here, but I have to say it... I live in Western Ky. I have a small rat terrier... anyone that knows these little guys knows that they are hyper little beasts! Attack anything no matter how big it is... that is my little Manpanties! (Manzies in front of company) lol This morning, he not only barfed in the floor, he spent the rest of the day hiding under a chair shaking! I had to pull him out and sit him on my lap only to have him get down and run back under the chair! This worries me, because it is not like him!!
He has calmed down tonight, but is still not his usual mean self... I also noticed that my two bird feeders that are normally covered with birds were bare today... maybe nothing, but considering whats going on I thought I should mention it!

Did you just feel something???

Edit to also add: I now realize that the BZ channel I am looking at in IN is picking up on the quakes in Arkansas. However the one I saw a few minutes ago must have been for another quake somewhere other than Arkansas....because it didn't have one.

Here's a screen shot. The top is Southern Indiana. You can see the long signal for the distant quake. The second is in Arkansas south of the swarm, and the third is in the thick of it.

You can see the first signal on the IN station is not reflected on the other two. The seond one is (far right in pic). Makes me think the first one was a distant quake somewhere else.

EDIT TO ADD: 2.3 to 2.5 coming through now in Arkansas
edit on 20-2-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Just had a good jolt in AR

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Free energy forums

www.abovetopsecret.com... 2+&sa=Search#1082

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I would say no. I have no idea if irrigation system would be running now but there are several near that station which 170 miles away from the swarm. It is the opposite side of that big old river sort of NW of Memphis. Most of the quakes at Guy would not even register on this instrument.
edit on 20/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
A newly found fault, near Marianna, Arkansas, might "shake-up" Arkansas in the future, states Dr. Haydar Al-Shukri of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. The fault, found by noticing "sand blows," which resemble mounds of sand which is blown up by seismic activity, through a "hole" in the ground much like how a whale blows water from a blow-hole.

Apparently, the seismic activity vibrates the loose sand below the ground to a degree where it travels-up and above-ground. This is how the new fault was discovered, which could add to the already potential number of seismic sources in Arkansas.

To further illustrate the new discovery, please refer to the graph below. Be sure to notice the position of the L'anguille River, to the left of Crowley's Ridge, which was rumored to be created by the New Madrid Quake two-hundred years ago. Could this mean that New Madrid is active on both-ends? The area in question, is swampy low-lying areas on either side of Crowley's Ridge and if a quake hits this area, how many thousands of people will be affected?

Dr. Al-Shukri's Photography Album: (With Pictures of Sand Blows.) -- Click Here For Photograph Album.

Graphic of New-Found Marianna Fault:

edit on 20-2-2011 by trekwebmaster because: Correction

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Ok. By my rough count, there's been over 150 quakes starting on the 15th. 71 with magnitudes 2 and above are posted. We'll have to wait for awhile until the rest are reviewed.

Just thinking aloud really. I started trying to track down historical information about Enola. I don't mean the swarm. I want to know the local history and find out if they had a gas boom back in the 1970s or earlier. Maybe oil too. Specifically Enola pre-1980. I tried but ran out of time.

I'd would also like it if Puterman can bring back the graphs. At the begining we were comparing this recent spike compared with a spike in October, and I forget the other. It'd be great having a look at that. But in your data you would have had all the quakes under 2 in the graph from October, and they wouldn't show up yet in you archive because they haven't been posted yet. Could you compensate? And cumulative energy. Is it past a 5 yet.

Also, I will even try for a minute or so before I go to bed, I want to track down the exact location of the one of the disposal wells. The sherrif was talking about it in an article. He even described the location and gave references. But he's been quoted in several, but only one version has him giving directions to the site.

The Enola quakes are interesting if you note the direction of the trend. It seems to follow the same pattern as the map just posted.

I just asked myself if I thought it was over. Let's check I said. I did. There was a 1.5 just fifteen minutes ago. Look's like nope. For many reasons I would be very happy if it just stopped. I would then have more time to reflect. I think that's why I want to know the history of Arkansas. I'm working backward. And the geography is so bizzare. Look at the river and you'll see the strangest bend and there's strange landforms and ponds. I will go back and look but haven't yet. There's always clues in the archives. Anyone who watched the Night Stalker knows that. The answer sometimes hides in a dusty book.

I could get into my criticisms of the officials and the way information is addressed. I got a whole essay.

It's just that something really bugs me about Scott Ausbrook's "don't worry be happy" attitude. Won't happen he says. I can see him on a t-shirt. Smiling. The caption under his beaming face will say, "What, me worry."

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

I have a friend in Arkansas and she was just asking about the magnitude of quakes around Greenbrier. Have there been as many as 10 today? She says they are feeling them.

Here is a link to her FB page. See what you think?!

FaceBook page

ETA: I gave her a link to the EQ so she can keep up with it!
edit on 2/21/11 by jennybee35 because: add info

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

You should get her to write out here. She can give us her location and brief description or anything else she wants to share.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Yeah, I'm going to try! She is at work, so I haven't heard back from her yet. She is a nurse, so I don't think she gets many breaks. As soon as I hear from her I'll let you know!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Another 2.2 or so just now. Will things pick up again now that the moon is up?

Also, I just have to say that I can't imagine how this must be for those of you experiencing these quakes. I mean, to have this constant shaking/rolling going on, without ANY explanation as to WHY and the only info out there are a couple of 'officials' saying you have nothing to worry about! Man, how scary and frustrating it must be. I'm sorry you are having to go through it, and more that this isn't being addressed in the manner that it should.
edit on 21-2-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
So I am picking up a quake quite a bit further south. I am trying to pin point it. Anyone monitoring see what I am talking about?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I live in Vilonia, Ar, south of Greenbrier and west of Beebe. I am very scared that something big is about to happen here up here and I would sell this house in a flash and leave if I had a buyer for it and have even considered just leaving anyway. I hear and feel these earthquakes on a daily basis, I have reported feeling the quakes on the shake reports and have even sent photos of damage on my home as they are shifting the ground and rattling things around and have done some damage. I don't believe for one minute that these earthquakes are not causing any damage as the news reports are posting, I think there are orders to keep that quiet out there along with what is actually going on. There is a moratorium out on earthquake insurance and you can't buy any coverage. I have been reading this thread and I do think that the bird, fish kills are tied in with it all. The Pine Bluff Arsenol has no more stock piles of chemical weapons and is no longer a threat according to the TV and radio adds and the evacuation signs for that are being removed from the state.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
im still doin research...but i think that the overdue memphis earthquake may be coming along soon...woke up this morning to the smell of sulfur...theres been those swarms of quakes goin on over in ark....if you look at history...when the quake hit here in 1811..residents reported foul odors in the air much to the smell of sulfur....next thing im waiting for is the sand plumes...but theres already reports of them in ark....im new to the site..but have been reading this post for awhile now...i live here in the heart of memphis...and theres been a lot of chemtrails...a lot of sinkholes randomly forming...thank God no quake yet...but i fear it is near....

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
Snip

Also, I will even try for a minute or so before I go to bed, I want to track down the exact location of the one of the disposal wells. The sherrif was talking about it in an article. He even described the location and gave references. But he's been quoted in several, but only one version has him giving directions to the site.

Snip

If anyone knows how to get a screen cap of an iPhone, I've got an app that maps those quakes to a satellite photo and you can see a site being worked on quite plainly near where most of them are; there are several trucks and a drill erected it looks like. You can also see several large rectangular pads.

Maybe I'll garb some google earth screen caps on my PC and post those...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

For an Iphone screen cap you press both the home button and the power on/off button at the same time.
It will automatically save the picture in the Photos folder.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I've been tracking down the Enola trail. There are wells in the town itself. And to the west there is an injection well near the river. Well 1773. Arbuckle. I am wondering when this well was first produced, and when it began it's life as an injection well. But I'm done for the night.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Here are my screen caps for the QuakeFeed app, you can see the cluster of quakes near the rectangular pads. the one I zoom in on is in the process of being worked when the satellite photo was taken.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9492899d70c.png[/atsimg]

Second, see how all the quakes are lined up on the road?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d8f30296e514.png[/atsimg]

You can see these three quakes close together lined up on the road still. In the upper left corner, you will see the lower right corner of the pad I zoom in on in the final shot.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/04a5a8e6993e.png[/atsimg]

And there you have it, in action...

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join