It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Real quick, just to document. I am seeing a couple of wierd signals on two seismos quite a ways apart. Pre-quake? Or something else.....1721 PST

Both still in Arkansas? Keep us updated as I have been concerned re Arkansas all day. That last one sent a signal thru my brain to wake up something is really going on! Thank you Westcoast, your dedication to this thread is amazing.
edit on 20-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Daisy I went to pay my phone bill yesterday and the guy their said his brother live just north of Conway, AR. and said his house just constanly shacking for 2 days. I just stopped watching the news I get so angry that they can't do anything but give dumb reasons. and OH this is normal.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This is best viewed off the page as it is 800 x 1024

This is the seismograms from ordinal day 34 (03 Feb UTC) to ordinal day 51 (20 Feb UTC) as a gif.

P.S It is about 1.3 Mb so please be aware if you are on a slow connection.

edit on 20/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Yes, both in Southern AK. I am trying to get as close to the GOM as possible but the nearest one wouldn't load. I think we need to be watching it. If there is truth to the whole water relation theory, than where the fracture (wether it be a slip or a subduction) meets the ocean would be under pressure, I would think. I may be way off base there...just a feeling. That 3.5 near alabama in the GOM got me thinking about it more.

Those signals seem to have leveled off and no quake...so most likely meant nothing.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

That's a shame - I know if my house shook for 2 days I would be worried about the damage it was causing not to mention whats it's doing to people nerves when they don't have a reliable and honest news source.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
volcano going of in the P.I wonder if there is a connection with all of this ehh
inquirergroup.posterous.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Hello from Arkansas!

The local weatherman posted a blog entry regarding the earthquakes:

4029weather.wordpress.com...

Of course this came from the same news station that "confirmed" that the bird deaths were due to fireworks:

www.4029tv.com...

I would love to know what is going on around here! Right after the two feet of snow melted, our area was hit with a stomach flu that knocked us for a loop. First time we ever had a stomach bug with 102 degree fever and the doctor said that it was normal and should be over within 24-48 hours, without even seeing us. Neighbors had it as well as most everyone in town. A few people, that lived in the same home with sick individuals, never got sick themselves. Also, have never seen a stomach bug skip someone in a household. And so many different symproms. Some just had diarrhea, some just vomiting, some both. But all with fever, nausea, headache, and ear ringing.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonleaf
Hello from Arkansas!

The local weatherman posted a blog entry regarding the earthquakes:

4029weather.wordpress.com...

Of course this came from the same news station that "confirmed" that the bird deaths were due to fireworks:

www.4029tv.com...

I would love to know what is going on around here! Right after the two feet of snow melted, our area was hit with a stomach flu that knocked us for a loop. First time we ever had a stomach bug with 102 degree fever and the doctor said that it was normal and should be over within 24-48 hours, without even seeing us. Neighbors had it as well as most everyone in town. A few people, that lived in the same home with sick individuals, never got sick themselves. Also, have never seen a stomach bug skip someone in a household. And so many different symproms. Some just had diarrhea, some just vomiting, some both. But all with fever, nausea, headache, and ear ringing.

Read the symptoms for methane gas posioning. Note they say it's flu-like. I'm not making a diagnosis. I'm just saying...

There may be a way to test to see if your water has methane. Get some warm water and put a light plastic bag over the top. I should stop there, now I don't feel comfortable say the rest cause I don't want any kids who may read this to get any ideas. Kids don't screw around with fire. If you saw Gasland, or watched the videos, or the news, you know people have had water which ignites. Smell for methane. There will be a taste as well as smell.

Sorry, it could be just the flu. But you said that water levels had risen rapidly. This can overwhelm city water systems. And well, it can change well water.

www.buzzle.com...

Didn't have time to real check this link. Check others.
edit on 20-2-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by moonleaf

From the article to posted,

"However, the past two years earthquake activity has gone up exponentially. Many believe natural gas companies are to blame due to a process called “fracking”. This process takes salt water, chemicals, and sand under extreme pressure to crack open the rocks under ground in order to mine natural gas. The Arkansas Geological Survey has not found any evidence that “fracking” is to blame. On the other hand, natural gas companies have to permanently dispose of the fracking fluid after it is used. In order to do this, the company drills a larger and deeper well called a disposal well. The fluid is then capped under ground. The Arkansas Geological Survey has found strong evidence that drilling disposal wells are leading to more and possibly stronger earthquakes. More reasearch is currently taking place on the relationship between disposal wells and earthquakes."

This should remove any doubt where the experts are focusing their attention. Tests are ongoing. So the fracking guys, yes fracking guys, the injection is part of the process and to differeniate is splitting hairs, the fracking guys continue to pump down waste water, and the geologist set up the siesmographs, GPS, and other gizmos, then sit back and monitor the operation.

This is a grand experiment. The experiment started when they started the intensive fracking. They're experimenting now. The residents merely had the misfortune of making a home in their laboratory.

edit on 20-2-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm earthquake ignorant and I apologize if I'm posting a repeat question, but don't earthquakes follow a fault line?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
So can anyone tell me what the deal is with with Alaska? I know they have a wide range of volcanic activity going on up there in the south and along the Canadian border, has it always been that active? I know this is off topic as far as the New Madrid fault line but I was wondering if anyone has taken notice of the recent activity in Alaska.

If anyone wants to post a thread link that would be much appreciated.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
A little off topic…..

I personally see these AR quakes and bird deaths along the Madrid Fault line as warning signs of a very disastrous day possibly near in our future.

If and when this day occurs it is going to affect all of us in the US. It will be a living hell unless you have prepared a little……..

I know many of you say you are prepared with food, weapons and so on………

But do you have an electricity source? Gas generators are great but what happens when the gas runs out?

My point is that I am presently building a portable solar powered 2300 / 4600 watts generator for multiple reasons………and I am sure it would come in handy if these quakes increase in size along this fault.......

I know you can find the basics on the net on how to do this but I am willing to share what I have learned with those who are interested……..just send me a message if you would like to build one……..

Back on topic……….

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CordDragonzord

Quake Watch 2011

You may find some listings and info on Alaska at the Quake Watch 2011 thread. Also if you go to Forums - Fragile Earth, there are a lot of good topics there in regards to quakes, volcanos, weather, etc.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by CordDragonzord

Quake Watch 2011

You may find some listings and info on Alaska at the Quake Watch 2011 thread. Also if you go to Forums - Fragile Earth, there are a lot of good topics there in regards to quakes, volcanos, weather, etc.

Thanks, it seems like Alaska is worse than California as far as earthquakes go. Hopefully I can find some info!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This may get me laughed out of here, but I have to say it... I live in Western Ky. I have a small rat terrier... anyone that knows these little guys knows that they are hyper little beasts! Attack anything no matter how big it is... that is my little Manpanties! (Manzies in front of company) lol This morning, he not only barfed in the floor, he spent the rest of the day hiding under a chair shaking! I had to pull him out and sit him on my lap only to have him get down and run back under the chair! This worries me, because it is not like him!!
He has calmed down tonight, but is still not his usual mean self... I also noticed that my two bird feeders that are normally covered with birds were bare today... maybe nothing, but considering whats going on I thought I should mention it!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

this certainly won't get you laughed out. It's just the type of personal accounts we are looking for. Most of us quake watchers know that sometimes our pets are the best guage for quakes.

I have a small dog that has been predicting small,local quakes in my area very accurately for the past couple of months. I have it documented here on my other threads. This is what she does:

Shakes...sometimes very hard.
Rolls her eyes, looking around at something that she thinks is there but can't see
Hides under my computer desk...or sits on my feet if I am standing somewhere.
She has thrown up a couple of times...or wont take treats (VERY unusuall for her)

She seems to do this one to four hours from the time of the quake. They are usually whithin 20 miles of our house, and shallow. (Although I live in a seismic area, it is not normal to have them in my local area)

My other dog is a bit different. He predicted a couple of the big quakes last year. He will bark very hard for no reason, run around and act very restless. He does it very close to the actuall quakes....minutes. These tend to be very large quakes that are far away. My theory is that even though its far away, it involves the same fault, so he can hear it.

SO...I would definately pay attention to your pets and other animals. How close are you to these quakes? I would like to pull up a seismic station as close to you as possible.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I'm interested in your solar generator info, but unable to send you a U2U message....still too much of a newbie. Grrrrrrrrrrr

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Funny thing just happened... my daughter, who is 24 just walked in and said "hey mom, I swear we had a quake earlier, it shook my bed"... I haven't said anything about any of this to her, because to be honest this kind of thing freaks her out. We have felt quakes here before and the last one that I remember scared me not because of the shaking, but because of the roaring sound we started hearing before the shaking started... maybe there was one that was felt here earlier... my daughter and the dog seem to think so... I have been off balance with inner ear issues for two weeks now so I am not walking straight anyway!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Well, the closest I could get to you was South IN...Princeton. Anywhere close? Anyways, I have the station pulled up and will let you know if I see anything come across.

I just took a look at the quake map and don't see anything for your area, but that only means that if there was one, it was under 2.5 and not recorded automatically. Unfortunately it is the weekend, so typically if it is under 2.5 it wont get posted until someone goes to work tomorrow (or tues, tomorrow is a holiday).

Edit to add: I found this one helicorder for Northern Kentucky (part way down the page) I'll look for more and add them if I find them. LINK
edit on 20-2-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
A little off topic…..

I personally see these AR quakes and bird deaths along the Madrid Fault line as warning signs of a very disastrous day possibly near in our future.

If and when this day occurs it is going to affect all of us in the US. It will be a living hell unless you have prepared a little……..

I know many of you say you are prepared with food, weapons and so on………

But do you have an electricity source? Gas generators are great but what happens when the gas runs out?

My point is that I am presently building a portable solar powered 2300 / 4600 watts generator for multiple reasons………and I am sure it would come in handy if these quakes increase in size along this fault.......

I know you can find the basics on the net on how to do this but I am willing to share what I have learned with those who are interested……..just send me a message if you would like to build one……..

Back on topic……….

I think what you are doing is fascinating and I too would like to learn more.

Might be a good idea to start a new thread regarding this, opening up a discussion for all who would like to learn more and subscribe to it. You could come back here and share the link to the new thread, if you do.

new topics

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join