It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Just got up, was COLD! Had snow up in the hills yesterday!

On the seismo, I take it that big green plot was the 3.7? It's really shakin now!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Some interesting New Madrid background reading to get some historical / geological context...

www.showme.net...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I apologize if I missed a link in here, there is so much to go over, but I have a question.
I have found multiple sites/statements that say in the past two decades there is no substantial build up of pressure on the New Madrid some sources below. If this is true and the quakes are not because of pressure does it bring it back to fracking?

geology.com...
www.journalgazette.net...
www.sciencedaily.com...
www.naic.org...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
www.iris.washington.edu...

first little bump on a new day of quake watching

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Incomming,

Sorry changed mind might be belch, volcanic belch.
edit on 20-2-2011 by BobAthome because: wrong direction

MAP 6.2 2011/02/20 21:43:21 55.920 162.114 9.3 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF KAMCHATKA, RUSSIA
edit on 20-2-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It looks to be building up again....one right after the other (micro). I am definately beginning to see a pattern. Others seeing it too?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
I apologize if I missed a link in here, there is so much to go over, but I have a question.
I have found multiple sites/statements that say in the past two decades there is no substantial build up of pressure on the New Madrid some sources below. If this is true and the quakes are not because of pressure does it bring it back to fracking?

geology.com...
www.journalgazette.net...
www.sciencedaily.com...
www.naic.org...

Personally, I think it proves that most of them don't know what the HECK they are talking about.

I believe that the fracking is the TRIGGER of the mechanism....one that may have stayed silent for sometime without it, but I don't think the fracking is itself the mechanism. What that is has yet to rear its ugly head; but I think it is waking up, stretching, and we will see if it decides to go back to sleep or wreak havoc.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Is there and significant meanin to the regular long term wave form that was shown toward the bottom of the previous seismo page?

Does it tie in with the consecutive microquakes showing up now?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

I believe you are referring to the P wave showing from the Russian quake. This is a long-wave that probably showed up on a lot of seismos around the world...but wasn't actually felt. Think of it as a small pebble thrown off the edge of a dock out about 20 feet. The ripples will reach and hit the dock you are standing on, but you won't be able to feel it. Similar concept here.

Puterman (others)...check out this borehole seismo in TN. It is set at 5000 microvolts. What are those long signals? Local noise? folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

It's pretty quiet in here, almost too quiet. I wonder if Puterman and Bob are trying to do some figuring.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Interference caused by electrical activity or UFO or solar flares or something as yet undetermined as far as I can make out.

Not earthquakes as far as I can tell. I really would love to find out what does this.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

So basically these recorders (5000 micro volts) are fancy spark detectors?

Then what about the piazza effect?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Fritzthecat

Hi FTC, on the seismograms it is not easy to see the start of that quake so here it is on the LISS helicorder plot for station ANMO in New Mexico

You can see the p-wave at 21:54 approx followed at around 22:15 by the s-wave.

Because of the sensitivity of the display of the Arkansas WHAR recorder it is not easy to make out where the p-wave starts and the s-wave is a mess! No I will rephrase that, it is impossible because of the activity as well. The LHZ channel used on the LISS plot is probably set at 1Hz, i.e. 1 sample a second whereas B channels tend to be 40Hz and E and H channels tend to be 100Hz so 40 and 100 samples a second. Quite why this makes them messy of the plots I do not know but they always are for these long distant quakes.

edit on 20/2/2011 by PuterMan because: To make the image slidey cos it wasn't.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Wasn´t there a M6.6 Solar Flare recently?

Edit: Found it. Feb 18 Spaceweather

edit on 20-2-2011 by Shenon because: spenglisch
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

No not the recorders, the transmission equipment- microwave etc. These can all be affected by electrical spikes/interference. If you had a listen to the sound bytes I put up you can hear the very electrical sounding hum.

I am assuming that the source is something electrical. The piezoelectric effects I don't think would be seen on the recorders but you would need to ask a physicist about that.

I am not sure what effect Italian squares (piazza) have on seismo signals!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Oh sure make me spit up everything lol Sorry geek? joke

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by BobAthome

(snip)

I am not sure what effect Italian squares (piazza) have on seismo signals!

Depends on where they leave the pizza box.
Rodents getting into the seismos and all

M.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Real quick, just to document. I am seeing a couple of wierd signals on two seismos quite a ways apart. Pre-quake? Or something else.....1721 PST

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I have just uploaded yesterdays (UTC) copy of the full WHAR seismogram.

www.4shared.com...

I have updated the seismo links in my signature to today. (21 Feb 2011 UTC)
edit on 20/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

We should be getting the effects the M6.6 flare soon if not already. The most I would expect it to do is mess with electrical grids, cell phones, computers so that could be what's happening here.

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join