It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Someone in this thread is connected to news media.

i do not know who, but everything in this thread is correlating with what the news is talking about.

The news mentioned the swarms when we did. fracturing when we did. and now moon cycle and tectonics

This is not coincidence. And I will begin to figure all of this out. Starting to feel like there is a big one planned by HAARP

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

I was JUST thinking he same exact thing. It seems as ifthe reportage ofthe MSM is following behind his bread in both timin and content. This article in the Huffington Post was sourced from the AP @ 9:30 pm on 02/17/11 which is well after that aspect was considered in this thread.

It almost looks like we're being used as a research tool. Well, let's give them the best information we can and make certain it has some teeth.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have been trying to keep up with the thread this weekend using my phone.
Has anyone looked at a correlation between natural gas well drilling depths , injection well depths and EQ depths in the swarm area?
I googled Fayetteville Shale and found that the wells are generally between one half and four miles deep. In places, the shale bed thickness is only 60 feet. I haven't found out what the under or overlying strata are composed of.
I would be interested in knowing how permeable the strata above and below the shale bed are. This may tell us something more about the effects injection wells may be having there, even if they are not immediately adjacent to the swarm area.

Any help would be appreciated, it is difficult to do any research over my phone, but I am trying.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
No offense, but I doubt it. The media news outlets all seem to be parroting the AP story. The AP story appears to be based upon a single sentence by Scott Ausbrooks.

Incidentally, in that sentence is a remark this this could be a naturally occurring phenomenon. I agree that this is a possibility. But that hypothesis seems to have been summarily dismissed in this forum. I am not sure why. Perhaps because it leaves no one to blame it on?

His other idea was that the cause is saltwater disposal wells. I tend to lean in this direction myself, based upon indirect, and admittedly, largely circumstantial evidence.

But there are those here who say that any injection of water underground, no matter whether it is recovered or not, is the cause. Well, that could be, too.

I haven't seen any hint of the moon hypothesis in the media. I suppose that this could be right, but I have trouble with the fact that the difference in the gravitational acceleration of the moon at the earth between perigee and apogee is about 7.4e-6 m/s^2, or about seven and a half microns per second squared, which is pretty darned small.

Then there's the volcano hypothesis, which I have not seen on AP either. I can't really say anything about this one, having precious little knowledge of volcanology.

What we do have, that I can't find anywhere in the media outlets, is a steady stream of eyewitness reports. Thank God for them.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Good morning everyone. Getting caught up...but meanwhile, a 2.3-2.5 rolling through rightn now on GEE.

Closest to the X40A Station (Basin creek)
edit on 20-2-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Here is a report on Fayetteville shale and swelling clays..not sure if It helps you but some pretty good info

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Look how shallow this one in Alaska is:

MAP 1.4 2011/02/20 18:19:35 63.583 -147.524 0.6 65 km ( 40 mi) E of Denali National Park, AK

Could that influence arkansas? I noticed alaskas shallow ones play weird

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Thanks okie.
I will check it out now. Are you located near the Barnett 'hale?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Just had a litte jolt here in Greenbrier

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Nope,, in eastern oklahoma

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
For anyone on GEE or who has it (load it up now)

Things are really picking up right now. Numerous micro quakes all the way North and South.....heads up!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

i wander if this has to do with the shallower shakes in Alaska...

Can you post some more caps of the microshakes... These could be "foreshakes"

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Im sorry didnt see them comming at all,, theory a bust,, well there goes the book deals, but i was thinking about that aquafiar , and the shale being a blanket, the waterbed theory sorry here we go again.
edit on 20-2-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectral Norm
No offense, but I doubt it. The media news outlets all seem to be parroting the AP story. The AP story appears to be based upon a single sentence by Scott Ausbrooks.

Incidentally, in that sentence is a remark this this could be a naturally occurring phenomenon. I agree that this is a possibility. But that hypothesis seems to have been summarily dismissed in this forum. I am not sure why. Perhaps because it leaves no one to blame it on?

His other idea was that the cause is saltwater disposal wells. I tend to lean in this direction myself, based upon indirect, and admittedly, largely circumstantial evidence.

But there are those here who say that any injection of water underground, no matter whether it is recovered or not, is the cause. Well, that could be, too.

I haven't seen any hint of the moon hypothesis in the media. I suppose that this could be right, but I have trouble with the fact that the difference in the gravitational acceleration of the moon at the earth between perigee and apogee is about 7.4e-6 m/s^2, or about seven and a half microns per second squared, which is pretty darned small.

Then there's the volcano hypothesis, which I have not seen on AP either. I can't really say anything about this one, having precious little knowledge of volcanology.

What we do have, that I can't find anywhere in the media outlets, is a steady stream of eyewitness reports. Thank God for them.

You know what's funny. Scott Ausbrook's has been saying the same things since December 13, 2010. Probably even earlier. Here's two reports from late last year that quote him. I wouldn't be surprised if the AP is using filed quotes. The only real new reporting is by local outlets and the NY Times piece I've posted a couple of times.

articles.cnn.com...:US

www.postchronicle.com...

I study the media. The only new thing Scott Ausbrook's is saying is when he admitted that the injection could speed up the hands of the clock. He's aknowledging that indeed the industry "could" be triggering the quakes. That's what a good reporter does, the press the issue and squeeze out the truth.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I don't think this one has been posted before..If I missed it, I am sorry

Hydraulic Fracturing Considerations for natural gas wells of the Fayetteville shale report

Has some pretty good pictures and maps and shows more of the soil and strata in the area for those that were wanting it

Again sorry if its already been posted

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
MAP 3.7 2011/02/20 15:15:00 35.260 -92.375 5.2 ARKANSAS here is what blew my theory away,,

3.7 to much energy,, force,, too be picked up by an outside source,,only possible explination source of energy radius greatly reduced.
Criticality,,, of course being when it releases ( F) F being able to create its own force,(F2) ,,externally,,(X time) into our reality (BOOM) which would not be in the best interests of anything involved,, start watching for rats,
Any takers? Cause i just dont know where did the what we understand as 3.7 gets its E energy?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Just wanted to point out to some of our thread favorites- Bob, Puterman, westcoast, et all ect
Look how many 5.0+ quakes have happened just today.

MAP 5.1 2011/02/20 17:52:54 -7.918 122.828 230.9 FLORES SEA
MAP 5.0 2011/02/20 17:37:39 -58.899 -25.667 23.6 SOUTH SANDWICH ISLANDS REGION
MAP 5.3 2011/02/20 14:32:25 1.360 97.201 40.3 NIAS REGION, INDONESIA
MAP 5.1 2011/02/20 09:51:06 1.287 126.336 29.5 MOLUCCA SEA
MAP 5.2 2011/02/20 09:17:14 -7.338 155.032 51.8 SOLOMON ISLANDS
MAP 5.1 2011/02/20 09:09:58 13.675 51.634 10.1 GULF OF ADEN

The Flores Sea being the most recent and the deepest in depth (230 KM)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
yes already noted but that is just exhaust in the form of volcanic belching which leads back to "it's heating up" yes we know that, duh why else would the polar cap be melting, duh , sorry the only explanation is were being scanned/pulsed/xrayed what? or simply a "the earth is a motor, take away its lubricant, it heats up, ya ok i get that part as well,, brings us back too internal versus external force, anyone???
edit on 20-2-2011 by BobAthome because: spelling

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Here's a town hall meeting addressing the concerns of worried residents. It's hard to follow but it's worth it because we have Scott Ausbrooks speaking for himself.

www.youtube.com...

Here's the channel with more of the meeting.

www.youtube.com...

If you ask the residents of the area what's causing the swarm, almost all of them will be pointing at the fracking trucks whizzing past their homes.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Remember that energy is simply atoms striking against other atoms. There has been technology to make that happen wirelessly for many many years. Microwaves, for example, is something that vibrates atoms against each other and cook things from the inside out. The same for the Earth's crust. It's atoms. It's on a specific frequency. If you happen to find it's frequency out, you could obviously pulse something at it to cause quick jolts on vibration. If you knew it's OPPOSITE frequency (I don't know how to explain it) you could strike the frequency twice, then strike it with it's opposite frequency, it would be like a rope and whiplash effect, causing big quakes.

Or could just be tesla's technologies

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join