It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Thank you!! I check that site frequently, it's good to know that it isn't that reliable

RSOE that is.
edit on 19-2-2011 by newsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

My second post ever on ATS - have read all the pages in this thread and just wanted to thank all the posters for their time and expertise. You are all making a huge difference for so many of us - educating, eye opening, revealing. I'm a writer and am at a loss for words - most educational threat ever. Please stay on this - you may save many lives.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I won't be able to write much this weekend. My son and I have many experiments planned and a trip to the library. And that's my point- weekends.

I have pointed to the moon as a possible factor. I've have many pet theories and there's even scientific evidence the moon triggers quakes. If the moon was having a strong influence, I'd be the first to go loony. Last night the moon should have made the webicorders dance. But there's only been minor activity since Friday afternoon. Over night there were about twenty quakes all under 2 magnitude. The swarm seems to be dying off.

What you witness was an experiment. Scheduled to stop on Friday afternoon. Why? Because high ranking geologists like their weekends off.

The swarm over the weeks previous to this lastest outburst was showing signs of stopping. There were many days were there were no quakes. The swarm intensified on Tuesday. Right on schedule.

The geologists are quite aware of the proof that deep well injection disposal causes quakes. And to determine if that was the case in Arkansas, they need to preform a test. On Tuesday they started injecting fluids and increase the pressure and then watched to see what would happen. They had preplaced their equipment beforehand and the injection pumps were activated and were set a low level awaiting the start of the test. That's why you had a few quakes in the days previous.

The experiment in Colorado preformed by the Army and the USGS was conducted in this manner. Check the way the geologists preformed the Colorado experiment and you'll see the parallels. There is no doubt the injection is the cause of the swarm. And one day you'll probably read about this experiment 10 months down the road. When the dust has settled.

I told my son that I need to write something online for a bit. I explained that I was talking about earthquakes and explained that someone was pumping salty water into the earth and it was causing the quakes. He didn't believe that pumping could cause quakes and asked how is that possible. I started to explain it and thought it would be better to show him. We took books and put modelling clay on the books in the form of roads, bridges and buildings. I took a balloon and taped a straw to it so it would represent a pipe. We put the balloon under the books and built a crude rendition of Guy Arkansas. Then I said blow. The air would be substituting for the fluid.

He's been playing with experiment while I write to you. He's have great joy knocking down buildings and bridges. I'm glad the real thing in Arkansas isn't as chaotic and destructive. I take what's happening in Arkansas very seriously. But I'm not let my child know the full story. I only tell him what he needs to know. And that is that science is important.

So my child understands how this pumping causes quakes. I'm glad the geologists scheduled the test Tues-Fri. That way I can forget about the squiggly lines and get back to the fun experiments. Next we're making steel rust.

Thank you all for taking notice. We have to make the media sit up and take notice. No one yet in the media is bringing up the Colorado proof. And now that the quakes have eased they'll probably forget it ever happened. But I won't and I'll stay on the case til the end. I'm a pitbull and once my jaws are locked, even bullets won't make me let go. You'll need a pry bar after I'm dead.

Keep up the fight. The truth is with in here.
Thank you Sunflower Star for corralling all the links. Thank you all for you interest, each and every one of you.

Even redcloak. I have already composed a piece to address his zeal and reaction and will be posting something on another tread later. I'll talk to him and invite him back. I hate banning anyone. But I understand that raw passion that runs too far like a mustang. You got to tame it. Oh Crud there I go.

Please keep this thread alive. The story is not over.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

It would seem that you are not alone in this assertion...

Guy Police Chief Dave Martini said they continue to blame the gas companies for the quakes: 'We have a disposal well here just outside of the city. People are suspecting that to be causing it, even though there isn't any proof of that.' Martini said the earthquakes started increasing in frequency over the past week and that the disposal well has seen an increase in use recently.

Source

Dirty rotten bastiches! Looks like those oil companies are poking things with a sharp stick.

This would be how they were confidently able to say that there would not be anything greater than a 6.0 mag quake. They knew how much material they would be injecting and have an accurate estimation on what effect that will have on the underlying rock.
edit on 19-2-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: typo

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
So, not only do they KNOW they are causing earthquakes, they've been experimenting to see how far they can go? How can that possibly be legal? It's okay to scare the @#$% out of the area residents, all in the name of profit? Devious, just down right devious.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Ok, I've just finished catching up on the posts. I didn't see this posted so thought I would toss it in as it's a good read.

1trickpony.cachefly.net...

This shows the back and forth with the Energy-In-Depth, PR/Lobbying firm funded by the American
Petroleum Institute and Josh Fox and his panel of experts.

It's interesting to actually get a feel of the way this PR firm stands there trying to justify there statements with misleading falsehoods and accuses Josh of doing the same by misleading the public. It reminds me a lot of some of the threads I have read here on ATS.

Anyways... I hope others will find this an interesting read. I know some of you think the whole fracking issue should be removed from the table, but I feel it is a valid point of discussion still. I have to seriously ask those of you who see no validity to it this question.

When they pump something like 7million gallons+ of water and toxins into the earth and yet only retrieve back 40-60% of what they pumped in and you multiply this by hundreds of 1000's of entry points, at what point do you think maybe all this added fluid they are pumping into mother Earth might be causing a build up of pressure under the surface, and/or act as a lubricant to a rift that would not be so free moving?

I understand and am willing to except this swarm may not have anything to do with the fracking and could be due to perfectly natural causes. Why is it so hard for you to entertain the possibility that maybe, just maybe what the gas companies are doing may be leaving it's effects as well.

When you look back into history, great minds were considered great minds because they put everything on the table and debated every aspect until it was "proven" not to be fact. Just remember, they laughed at and dismissed Columbus when he said the earth was round and yet... no one is laughing now.

Robin... enjoy your weekend and check in with us when you can. I myself will be doing a lot of reading both here and elsewhere. Thank you for opening my eyes....to all the posters... thank you.. I will continue to follow this thread.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Just a thought to throw out there.... A lot of oil and natural gas came exploding from the earth and continued for months last year. That had to leave vacant areas in the earth that they were unable to fill like they would normally. Arkansas and the surounding area is known for caves. What if there were pockets like that all through the area, leaving the earths crust like a sponge. Each pocket filled with gas and/or oil. If the oil and gas came esploding from lower layers because of the "puncture wound" if you will, then it is common sense to assume that the other pockets above this would seep down, settle, and redistribute through other pockets leaving the pockets closer to the surface completely void. Pressure being eleviated would leave it inevitable for it to colapse. Precurser would be a signature equal to an earthquake swarm. It would also explain why govt is so interested in the area, and so sure there was going to be a big one, would it not?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Thanks for the link. I'm going to check it out and spread the word. Keep up the good work.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Take a look at this .pdf of a document from 1965 I found. Looks like they've been doing this sort of thing for a while now. The means are a bit different, but the method is the same. It also dovetails with what Agarta managed to unearth.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I am wondering if all of this has anything to do with why Hilery Clinton called ALL the top people back to the DC 2 weeks ago for an emergency meeting. We still don't know what the emergency meeting was about of if all haver returned to their posts. Here is the Thread to take a quick peek at.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Just want to point out to everyone that none of you took me seriously when I said a Perigee Moon is tonight, which rarely follows a Full Moon, which was last night. You're all looking deep into the freccing clues. I also tried telling you to look for patterns, which would better help you form a hypothesis. Fraccing has been going on for 60+ years... it doesn't just magically spark Earthquakes in PATTERNS during the years 2011. It would have been a steady increase.

I am trying to help everyone understand this because the warning signs are all here. If the area has a big one. Our entire East Coast is flooded under water. The 100 psychics that predicted this weren't psychics they were GOVERNMENT PSY OPS.

Mainstream Media began reporting on the quakes nationwide today. We will see what happens

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Here's theory - I know most people will disagree but.....

Perhaps all these experiments and drillings are attempts to stop large quakes? What if they are trying to add or subtract pressure from certain areas to even the pressure?

They are not making it public because they aren’t sure it will work and don’t want to cause panic?

Just a thought?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

This theory is as believable to fraccing. Please understand that an earthquakes caused by fraccing would have increased over time, not SPIKE in activity.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

Fraccing has been going on for 60+ years... it doesn't just magically spark Earthquakes in PATTERNS during the years 2011. It would have been a steady increase.

1trickpony.cachefly.net...

JOSH: This is a common industry tactic, to claim that hydraulic fracturing [HF] has been used for 60 years. This is deliberately misleading. The new hydraulic fracturing that has brought about so much attention in the last few years is different in many ways from the historic fracturing: 1) the pressure used is much higher and the duration of the frack job is longer. Today HF employs typically 13,500 pounds of pressure per square inch, whereas earlier HF was less than 10,000 pounds per square inch. 2) the volume of water used: two to seven million gallons per frack, with Multi Stage Fracks lasting up to three or four days, at 1,000 gallons per minute 3) the combination of HF with horizontal drilling, a huge new aspect, and 4) the complexity of the chemical cocktail used in the process.

No one is saying Fracking is the only viable reason for what is going on right now. I believe what is being said is it's believed to be a contributing factor and is believed to be fast-forwarding what is happening in this area.

A lot of other factors are being discussed and taken seriously as well....including the moon.

If I am misunderstanding this... please someone correct me.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This is just a theory Ark. should get a 3.5-4.0 next little while ie hours,, we shall see. just wanted to doc.

I repeat just a theory not in any way a forewarning.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
2 to 7 million gallons of water per frac?

And how many of these things are in the area in question? I think I remember 11 from earlier in the thread. that would be between 22 and 77 MILLION GALLONS of water. That's cubic miles of water. Where in the world is all this coming from?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

I am really beginning to get the feeling you are some sort of disinfo agent. Despite the fact that I went out of my way to try and appraise you of what we think is happening here you continually come back denying fracking as a possible cause.

Go and look up tight shale.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
Here's theory - I know most people will disagree but.....

Perhaps all these experiments and drillings are attempts to stop large quakes? What if they are trying to add or subtract pressure from certain areas to even the pressure?

They are not making it public because they aren’t sure it will work and don’t want to cause panic?

Just a thought?

Now here is a VERY compelling theory!

If you think about this, it would tie into so many other things, regarding the drills, FEMA, etc. Perhaps they have had compelling evidence for some time that something of a horrendous magnetude was going to happen on the New Madrid. Maybe it was all of a natural origin, or perhaps all the fracking moved things along, but either way the Government became aware. I think a lot of us have had a feeling for some time that there was something BIG brewing that is being kept from us. Maybe its the paranoid in me talking now, but that is just the way I feel.

I mentioned this way back when the BP GOM disaster happened. I know,people are groaning (including Puterman) but please....just entertain the idea. Everything surrounding that didn't add up or make any sense. Our governments reaction went beyond politics and money, IMO. I theorized then that perhaps that our government was somehow involved in the drilling with a different motive than oil.....but just think about it. We know so little about this planet...if DO know something that could litterally tear our country in half and kill millions I would think they would be desperate to try anything that might at least delay it.

Going back to the fracking in Arkansas: The perigee tonight: If they knew this might be enough to tip the scales perhaps that would explain the mad rush this week to releave some pressure beforehand. If that were the case...than Robins theory would tie into it also, just a different reason for doing it. If that is the case, I'll bet they were hoping for a lot more than a 4.3 as a max. I mean, that's a lot of energy, but given what we are talking about, would it be enough?

Okay...I have gone way further out there than I normally do.
I was just compelled to think outside the box for a minute and like Robin, I see patterns. Too many of these dots line up to ignore, or at least to not hypothosize. That's all this is ofcourse, I am not convinced of anything just seeing patterns.....

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
2 to 7 million gallons of water per frac?

And how many of these things are in the area in question? I think I remember 11 from earlier in the thread. that would be between 22 and 77 MILLION GALLONS of water. That's cubic miles of water. Where in the world is all this coming from?

Well... this is speculation based on a lot of theories out there. You can go Google it and research yourself. But the Great Lakes is one area it is speculated to be coming from. Locals will tell you that the water levels have been dropping and no one seems to know why.

Seriously... go Google it. You will be enlightened, but horrified. Natural water resources are being scooped up all over the country.

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join