It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I would not bring up the 3.5 quake near Florida. But it's strange. I was wondering if we would get any out of place quakes.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
3.5 in Florida? Not sure if this earthquake that just happened is related in anyway to what's happening in AR...

I have been watching my earthquake app for 7 months at least 5 times a day and this is a first.

Does anyone know if this is a normal area for earthquakes? It's the first I have seen this in the last 7 months on my eq map.
edit on 18-2-2011 by SkunkSense because: Some one must have already posted about the same time I did. Sorry if this is a repetitive post.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I believe there have been quakes in this region but rarely.
Rare enough that there is a thread on this quake.
Wondering if there is any connection with those
happening in Arkansas. Does the outer rim of the Madrid
reach that far?

link   

edit on 18-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 18-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Florida resident here.

I was right about the frac'ing. i was right about the fault lines. I am right about it all.

go back and check my posts and my older threds

earthquakes are signified before hand by undersea vents.

earthquake is about to shread us. i'm in Florida and will be underwater is seconds.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I am fairly certain that the shale beds go all the way down to the GOM

I have been trying to find a map of it.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
just wanted to add that I am also starting to get that twinge in the back side of my brain... lower right hand side. had it before the other bigger earthquakes too... let's keep our eyes out ...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
For anyone new. Or for anyone who wants to think about the Florida quake in a wider context. Reread this.

www.ouramazingplanet.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

Also want to say to everyone reading at home: GASLAND is a MOVIE. It was paid for by HBO FILMS. It had a BUDGET. Of course it has flashy scenes of water being lit on fire. It's a MOVIE.

Frac'ing is not the reason behind these strange quakes in Arkansas.

Please get your facts straight. It IS a Documentary and classified as such.

IMBD

Josh Fox, who wrote and directed Gasland, is the founder of International WOW Company. A film and theater company.

International WOW Company

He made the documentary and entered into the Sundance Film Festival in the "U.S. Documentary" competition. And he won.

Did it ever occur to you that HBO purchased the documentary after it won at Sundance?

Josh started all of this because in 2008 the gas companies came knocking at his front door, asking if they could lease his property in order to "frack" it. That launched him into an investigation about "fracking" and that is how the film was born.

A little research will go a long way. Google is your friend.

Huffington Post Article About Josh & Gasland From June 2010

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I am composing the master list of links tonight. This is going to take a bit. But will check in periodically.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SkunkSense

may I ask what your app is? I use the USGS one and it's so slow and updates every 2 days on my phone, definitely not good enough!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Just another good visual map link for anyone needing earthquake maps:

Intellicast - Weather Active Map

On the tab "Overlays"... check "earthquake" and it will show earthquake locations.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

It's called QuakeWatch. I believe it was 99 cents. Well worth the investment.
It updates constantly. Enjoy it if you get it. I sure do because I can always be informed.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

Thank you Utah....I just got back to computer or would have replied to that myself, but ya took the words right outta my mouf.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

It sounds like we are in Matthew 24:7.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The News here in Arkansas can't even get good liers, they keep saying how normal this is and refer back to another area that has had 40,000 quakes since 1982 Faulkner County. And so the 1982 swarm is normal and so this is normal, Neither dddddaaammmn one of them is normal. They said that the local people are concerned that in is the pumping into the ground all of the poison waste water from drilling. All of that poison water is making the ground unstable. Oh but they say that is not the problem it is normal ......

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
The News here in Arkansas can't even get good liers, they keep saying how normal this is and refer back to another area that has had 40,000 quakes since 1982 Faulkner County. And so the 1982 swarm is normal and so this is normal, Neither dddddaaammmn one of them is normal. They said that the local people are concerned that in is the pumping into the ground all of the poison waste water from drilling. All of that poison water is making the ground unstable. Oh but they say that is not the problem it is normal ......

Coolottie I think this is something far outside fraccing. I pray there is no big ones. My kin are in Arkansas and so is the only house left in my family.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Granted this has nothing to do with the earthquakes in Arkansas going on right now. However I do find it to be EXTREMELY relevant to the discussion.

Especially considering the goal!

Josh Fox & Mark Ruffalo Ask For A Moratorium On Fracking

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks

Originally posted by ashleys27

reply to post by 9Cib27

Snip

Please let everyone express their views in a civil way. If you want to talk about the more sensational aspects of possible causes, please start a spin off theard and direct people here as well. I think one of my own pet theroies should go on it's on thread. Me and the moon need to find a room.

Snip

Ask and ye shall receive. I do apologize for the sparseness of the room but with attention and care it will become more welcoming in time.

As I mention in the intorductory post, I am at work and can only participate very superficially at present but I will add more substantial content as I am able.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join