It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Ugh. Now, I realize that 40-odd pages is a lot to read, but to the poster above whose chief complaint was that the fracking info isn't all in one place, perhaps you could collect it all for us. I know that to date, I have given in this thread:

1. A website where you can get all information on every stinking gas well in Arkansas, including owner, location, status, etc.

2. The coordinates of every disposal well in Faulkner county, to 6 decimal places.

3. A brief analysis of why I think that Scott Ausbrooks thinks that the disposal wells might be causing the earthquakes.

4. The name of every company that owns a gas well in Faulkner county.

My analysis of the distribution of earthquakes relative to disposal wells was done with a pencil and a sheet of graph paper. Perhaps someone here could do a better job digitally.

I attempted today to contact Mr. Ausbrooks to see if I could get some details regarding his opinion about the disposal wells. Unfortunately, I was unable to reach him.

I am currently compiling a list of contact information for each of the companies listed in item 4. When I am done, I will put it here.

But please, please, please, don't make it out like no one is doing anything in this direction.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Spectral Norm

I've warned you all I'm sloppy. Now I'm busy. There is so much information within the fourty pages. If I had some time I would gather every bit. I've asked someone to gave it and collect it. Puterman has all the quakes and graphs and has posted many of them. So slog through it and if you skim, you should see the post and subjects discussed. Most of it has been right on topic and most of it is links and graphs. I've cited many articles. So tough it out. But I love your willingness to act. If I hadn't taken typing in highschool there's no way could even try to keep up with this thread. It's awesome. Please, be an archivist. Job's open.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I mean to say sign off the forum, click the get out button, fly the coop, bail the site, jet, boogie, jam, take off, sign off, hit the road Jack, beat it, scram, leave, vaporize and you get my drift now right?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
More flags people. Tell your friends. Dig into the thread and you'll know the facts. I gotta go cook.

I'm think of this like a political action group. We got all the elements. Unite. Revolt. Spread the word.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Robin....I think I remember you saying that you don't watch t.v. much (Or was the Puter?) Anyways I'm curious if you ever watch Boomtown on the Green Network? It makes me cry everytime I watch it. I live in North Dakota and I'm looking into getting involved (perhaps starting up?) some kind of group of people opposed to what the oil industry is doing to our state (and other states)...I can't just sit here anymore and listen to people talk about how much money this Bakken reserve is going to bring to the good old state of ND...People are uninformed here and they are using us "nice country folk"...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

the New Madrid Fault Zone, it keeps getting brought up in Government Emergency Scenerios.

Probably because so many Government agents spend so much time on ATS

However, seriously have you watched Gasland yet? If you have not done so then I suggest in all seriousness that you do so.

In relation to Gasland you might be interested to know that it is being removed from the Internet rapidly. My other half collects documentary films on various subjects and I asked her to find Gasland for me. She did eventually with French subtitles and even on that site it stated that the film was likely to be zapped any minute - even though the film filename was not gasland. On all the sites she goes on, most of which have several copies, they have ALL been removed.

You may consider that fracking is not a problem, or rather the problem, but if there was nothing to hide why remove all the films. My Mrs said even the film companies are not normally this zealous. She can usually find several copies of films that have been removed fro other sites because of copyright.

Fracking IS a problem, of that there is NO doubt as that horror movie shows. It is a possibility that something is building for 'the big one' but that does not detract from the problem in hand.

Every earthquake is a split somewhere for one of two reasons. (1) A fault slips or (2) The strata are moved by some external force. This may be a very simple explanation but both are possible here. Further back in this thread I made reference to the Farallon plate being subducted which some 'scientists' think may be what causes the earthquakes in the New Madrid area. This could lead to clusters of earthquakes as we see in other 'subduction' zones. Here is some more information

Another school of thought says that the New Madrid zone may be tectonically 'dead' in effect and the seismicity is residual. This Wikipedia article discusses this possibility. This would mean that the New Madrid may never have another big earthquake.

That deals with faults. Intrusions next. Volcanic intrusions. Very unlikely. I am not saying impossible but there would have been many more signs well before this an to be honest it is very unlikely to affect such a small area. In addition GPS measurements would show the bulge as would satellite interferometry. It would be nice to get our hands on either BUT as this article explains ground water can also have this effect.

Pressure, as in pressurised water, as in disposal wells could also do this, and I see no sensible explanation that would suggest that disposal injection does and production injection does not. This is why for my part at present on the current information to hand I think this is caused by gas operations.

PROBLEM: Quakes in both the Yellowstone area and the Arkansas areas are being misreported or changed. There's a SOLUTION to the PROBLEM

For this thread let us leave Yellowstone out. The misreporting has been explained there. For Arkansas that answer does not hold good as far as I can see. Having said that in every area of the world earthquakes are downgraded, upgraded, removed and sometimes even split into two. Seismology is NOT precise. It cannot be. A signal of very low frequency has to travel miles, hundreds of miles or thousands of miles before being registered on three or more seismographs before it can be registered as an earthquake. If it only shows on two it did not happen. Frankly i never cease to be amazed that I can sit here in Ireland 'looking' at earthquakes that happened the other side of the world.

Have you considered that 200 years ago this year the people who were affected by the first two of the quakes probably had no idea of what was coming. In effect, that is the same as I believe you to be suggesting, that these are being hidden. If you go to look at the helicorders can you imagine how difficult it would be to physically remove the trace from anything up to sixty recorders on a stronger quake? In addition to that the USGS know that many people watch GEE, or like me use Vase. There are way too many eyes out there for them to try and fool us. You may not be aware of this but I can tell you for a fact that the Yellowstone Volcano Observatory get twitchy when their equipment is not available not just because they cannot see but because they also know that we cannot and they will start getting emails. That was a statement to me by the head of the YVO around a year ago.

edit on 18/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

While I respect your opinion. I chose to disagree. I still can't see the frac'ing causing the anamolous increase in frequency and strength during the year 2011 alone. There would have been some sort of history to show an increase of earthquakes over time with frac'ing. All that i've seen is a SUDDEN increase in BOTH frequency and strength during latter 2010 and now, 2011. I would also not trust user updated content on Wikipedia about a Fault Zone being dead as logical of the Fault Zone being dead.

Lets keep our eyes on the seismics.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Here is a place where you can either download Gasland or watch the streaming video.

www.watchthisfree.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

Also want to say to everyone reading at home: GASLAND is a MOVIE. It was paid for by HBO FILMS. It had a BUDGET. Of course it has flashy scenes of water being lit on fire. It's a MOVIE.

Frac'ing is not the reason behind these strange quakes in Arkansas.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dyvfd

GaslandTheMovie.com. Good FRACKING site with great graphic and plenty links. Every one needs to look at this and the Take Action links.

Sorry could not resist

Google Fracking: About 2,870,000 results (0.18 seconds)
Google Fracing: About 627,000 results (0.11 seconds)

I must post this, which I do not consider off topic as ATS is a conspiracy site. I mentioned that Gasland was getting hard to find.

This may be the reason why!

Terrorist?!!

You should also read this Comment on the film download site that debunks the EID as a big oil group.

reply to post by 9Cib27

In the light of all the information I have tried to impart to you would now care to back up your statement with some facts please?

And yes Gasland is a documovie, so is Ellen Brokovich but that does not make it any less real.

This is in Canada and is NOT in a film

I will post this here as it is not big enough for the Quake Watch thread and may be connected to Arkansas and the GOM. Just happened 3.5 billed as western Florida but looks more like Alabama

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/844f8a911544.png[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashleys27
I live in North Dakota and I'm looking into getting involved (perhaps starting up?) some kind of group of people opposed to what the oil industry is doing to our state (and other states)...I can't just sit here anymore and listen to people talk about how much money this Bakken reserve is going to bring to the good old state of ND...People are uninformed here and they are using us "nice country folk"...

I'm IN. I'm only a few miles North of you in Canada, where Fracing in MB is starting to polularize.

. The information has to be spread. thed only way people listen is in numbers. We need to be heard, VERY LOUD!!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
As promised, the info on the fracking companies involved:

Chesapeake Operating, Inc,
Subsidiary of Chesapeake Energy
PO Box 18496, Oklahoma City, OK 73154-0496, United States
(405)848-8000, (405)843-0573 fax, www.chkenergy.com...

Clarita Operating, LLC
101 Morgan Keegan Dr # A
Little Rock, AR 72202

Deep Six Water Disposal Services
15916 Brenton Hills Avenue
Edmond, OK 73013-1017
Phone: (405) 627-5863

SEECO, Inc.
Subsidiary of Southwestern Energy
PO Box 13408, Fayetteville, AR 72703-1004, United States
(479)521-1141, (479)521-0328 fax, www.swn.com...

XTO Energy, Inc.
Subsidiary of Exxon/Mobil
810 Houston St., Fort Worth, TX 76102-6298, United States
(800)299-2800, (817)870-2800, (817)870-1671 fax, www.xtoenergy.com...

Please feel free to tell them to frack off.
edit on 18-2-2011 by Spectral Norm because: correct bizarre formatting problem

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Here again look now www.smeter.net...
moon position notice right edge of screen the farthes positions

earthquake.usgs.gov... and here
Notice the new 5.3 at the edge?

Thats 3 for the day all of them at the edge of the shadow.
Just keep watching the 5+ ones and you will notice 90% of them are in the sadow zone

sorry not trying to do any other thing to reply to someones earlier thoughts on the moon influanceing earquakes?
and asking any one who would like to look at a Idea I had on the subjec do so.
I forgot that opinions are best kept to themselves. sorry
just my observations
edit on 18-2-2011 by Fritzthecat because: I forgot my train of thought lol

edit on 18-2-2011 by Fritzthecat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

Go away from this channel

Peace

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Hi All, Greenbrier here. I've been following this thread the last few days and would like to thank everyone for the information I've received reading all the posts. It's getting a little nerve racking around with all the recent activity here. Enough so I purchased EQ insurance which is getting hard to get here. I don't know much about earthquakes but if I can give any local information or observations just ask. We just had another pretty good jolt as I'm typing this. Again Thank you for all the information and opinions.
edit on 18-2-2011 by NTS1960 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2011 by NTS1960 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Fritzthecat

Wrong! Sometimes opinions are valid and this theory is interesting but possibly not for this thread in terms of being on topic. BTW I had not closed the screen from your last post!

I would be very much obliged if you would post this information in the Geophysics thread where we look at all aspects of earthquakes, plate tectonics etc including electric earthquakes. I will say no more here but this IS an important observation.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NTS1960

Good you got your EQ insurance! Let us know if you hear or see anything specific to the quakes in your area. Above all stay safe!
edit on 18-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Thank you sir, Ive been watching you for a while lol. lots of good post

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This info is scary to all residents of the area .TPTB wanting to create a massive sinkhole(Abyss)for everybody to falll into and drown from the ensueing flood,no that can`t be true.I know this is a conspiracy site but that would be damn EVIL.

So lets see ,we`ve had the riding of the horseman of the apolalypse,now the abyss from revelations.,Fema kids(nazi)agendas,fema coffins,pharoanic stuff in egypt,fake C.I,A instigating ufo over the temple mount,CIA zietgeist, brainwashing the youth into ther venus project(logans run)
WTF.....is the antichrist going to pop up next.Allright its all speculation but is this a plan with a man with a furry cat,james bond style,doctor No
Fritzthecat...bang on man ,totally relevant with the moon theory and its displacement of the emmence ocean of weight following it and what you are observing,wee hint
Don`t forget the sun and jupiter.
edit on 18-2-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
And yes Gasland is a documovie, so is Ellen Brokovich but that does not make it any less real.

Documovie? I have to take issue with this as well as the comparison to Erin Brockovich.

Brockovich was a Movie based on real characters, played by actors.

Gasland was a film documentary. I know you said you only watched half, but I watched all 143 minutes and I can assure you there were no credits listing anyone playing a part.
as in
Julie Roberts as................Erin Brockovich
Albert Finey......................Ed Masry

Three were no actors playing rolls. The credits included production personnel, interviewers, interviewee's and then a list of what appeared to be 50 or more gas and oil companies that declined to be interviewed for the project. Then a list of music credits.

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join