It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

I thought so.......but just wanted to hear it from the wise................Chasing dead birds is what lead me to ATS several years ago............

I think the rumblings we are seeing and sudden "group" bird deaths are the warning signs for what is to come.....

I will be looking for more along the fault line this weekend...........

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It seems very strange to me that some of the rumbles are going unreported, or reported with information slightly changed or updated. It also worries me that fracking is so heavily pushed in this thread. I don't feel like fracking is causing all of these faults to go off in chain orders. Japan->Alaska->California->Mexico->New Madrid. Also Yellowstone is having harmonics and Mt St. Helens is having small tremors as well

Fracking probably does cause earthquakes but doesn't cause chain quakes and repeating low magnitudes.

I am thinking Government doesn't want us to know the severity of seismic activity in correlation to solar and space activity.

Still waiting for old friends Kathy427 and Derek to report in. They had no agendas or side to push. The just reported the Earthquakes when they happened even if it wasn't officially reported.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

By the way methane gas I just remembered is actually more dangerous to birds. We can more or less breath low concentrations without too much immediate damage. I will try and find the reference but I read it a long time ago and there is so much out there that is not relevant when you try and search.

From memory birds are affected fatally by 4% methane which would cause us no real problems.

Think of canaries in coal mines. That is why they were used.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

the disinfo agent is puterman. All the people getting angry over me calling him on his nonsense are simply trying to derail the thread.

This has to be one of the most outrageous posts i have read here at ATS and that is saying something, if your going to flame and blame do it with something to back up your claim........ill wait......

Still waiting...............

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Ok people I have cleaned up all the rubbish, anymore tit for tat name-calling or other childish behavior is going to be meet with strict enforcement of the T&C, I hope this is clear.

Discuses the topic and not one another.

Sauron
Super- Moderator

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

Yellowstone is having harmonics?? I haven't checked out their thread lately but I must have missed something big?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
According to the information on Wikipedia, I found out the Crater of Diamonds State Park is located near Murfreesboro in Pike County Arkansas. This park contains the only diamond bearing site in the world that is open to the public. The crater is 37.5 acres of plowed field (caldera?). The crater of diamonds Volcanic pipe is part of a 95 million year old VOLCANO...

Diamonds are the Earth's oldest mineral located near the mantel and are brought up to the crust of the Earth via Volcano erruption elevators.

I also saw on the web that on January 15th,1856 there was speculation about a volcanic erruption in the Arkansas Gazette located at South Western Logan County, Arkansas.

I hate to say it but thirty earthquakes in a month would have me packing and leaving. I have moved many, many times in life for far less of an excuse. It's just seems very abnormal and scary. Stressful. My family deserves a safe place to live and so does yours. Best wishes to all those making tough choices.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Yeah and Awesome!

This topic is scary enough without adding heresay.

Back on topic, with the continued activity today, have any of the posters on here from that area noticed anything else unusual today? Animals acting weird, odd smells?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I just want to alert you all to the fact that earthquakes are being added to the list for earlier - obviously after review. It is now 20:25 UTC here but one just came in for 12:06

This is the one

Date/Time UTC,Latitude,Longitude,Magnitude,Depth(Km),Location
2011-02-18T12:06:50.000Z,35.27210,-92.36380,2.2000,6.8000,Arkansas

If I happen to see them I will advise.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
Question for the wise……..

Although the threads attention is focused here in AR………..What possible effects could it have several hundred miles away up the Madrid Fault line as in gases being released due to activity in AR?

I ask this because I am looking for “clues” as in bird deaths that are associated with this activity….

I found a small group in KY this am and now several dozen geese up in Toledo.

My question is could gases be released hundreds of miles away up the fault line from the actual quake site?

The geese in Toledo raised my eyebrows because they were seen dropping from the sky…….

This makes perfect sense to me that gas pockets rise up into the air, being lighter than normal air.
Sulfuric gases or methane gases leaking out of the Earth due to earthquakes or a 95 million year old Volcano waking up from a long nap. Being in the middle of the galactic plane, or the commet passing could be affecting the Earth violently. As well as the solar CME flares. by Frugal

"They will fall out of the sky and have trouble staying upright," said Dave Sherman, a biologist with the Ohio Department of Natural Resources.

www.necn.com... 0a

These deaths could be contributed by multiple of things..........But when they drop out of the sky.......makes me wonder.....

edit on 18-2-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2011 by frugal because: forgot to add my comment

edit on 18-2-2011 by frugal because: Sorry I messed up the reply quote maybe you can rearange it. Sorry!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
been 2-3 hours since any activity in Arkansas.

been an hour since any at all...

maybe that 5 magnitude burp in mexico held some of the gas back

for all of you just realizing arkansas is a huge volcano: check out my thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also for those of you just joining the thread:
tonight is a full moon
tomorrow night is a perigee moon

solar flare activity is on the rise

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

thats why they used pigeons in the mines. they would die before the levels became harmful to man

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I also thought I would point some readers to the direction of this thread:
vulcan.wr.usgs.gov...

Arkansas Volcanic Past

Prairie Creek Volcanic Pipe:1
One of the few places in North America where diamonds are present in their host rock and the only place tourists may hunt for diamonds is the Prairie Creek pipe in Arkansas. It is roughly triangular in surface outcrop, exposed over 73 acres, and is situated 2.5 miles southeast of Murfreesboro in Pike County. The site has been known to geologists since 1842. It is a breccia-filled volcanic pipe of Cretaceous age, formed by a series of gaseous explosions as are several other pipes nearby. Various rock types are present in the Arkansas diamondiferous pipes. Magmatic lamproite is a dark-colored igneous rock with a texture that has two distinct grain sizes (porphyritic). Some of it was broken explosively as it neared the earth's surface. This broken rock material is lamproite breccia tuff. Rarely have diamonds been reported in the soils formed by the weathering of magmatic lamproite; most have been recovered in the lamproite breccia tuff or in the thin residual soils overlying this rock. Microdiamonds, however, have been recovered from the magmatic rock by special techniques. Epiclastic rock, which is a rock formed by the mechanical mixing of tuffaceous volcanic material and local Cretaceous sediments, was recently recognized by geologists.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

Leaving aside Yellowstone having harmonics, which I have to say I have not seen, may I just make a suggestion in relation to this

Fracking probably does cause earthquakes but doesn't cause chain quakes and repeating low magnitudes.

Fracking fluid is a lubricant, and fracking fluid is under pressure. Do you not think therefore that it is possible there is a break - lubricate - pressure - break - lubricate - pressure cycle at work here?

If these are caused by fracking, which is what I think until other evidence shows up, then that would seem to be a reasonable thing no?

In such a cycle were it happening then you would indeed get repeated low magnitude earthquakes in a confined zone.

Even the outlying quakes have been found to be in that zone after review.

edit on 18/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join