It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
May off subject... but its a good point IMO

Right now in SE Kentucky its almost 70 degrees... the Sun is shining and its beautiful and amazing... Hows the weather in Arkansas?

Also Monday of this week was the first day it was "warm" here... it was like the beginning of March... really really windy... i had to spend most of the day outside working that day...

It's supposed to be cold and wet and miserable outside... if you pay attention to the Calendar... why is it nice?!

could it be something to do with something related to something about this thread? HAARP? Something?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Jailhouse lawyer in me lol. I try and figure out both sides for the sake of insanity.
I have always figured anything and everything is possable just has to be thought up and someone has to have the drive to make it happen. Remember every invention was a impsability till someone tried to prove them wring ehh?
I dont buy much into harp. Now if it where space ships flying around causing earquakes then we could talk lol.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Puterman I absolutely LOVED your poem!!! As a bit of a writer myself, I can really appreciate the quality of it. Hope you don't mind I saved it. Thank y ou-

Now, still trying to catch up on the thread, but meanwhile this wierd sig just came through GEE;

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Day AM PM
15th 2 6
16th 10 7
17th 5 9
18th 5

edit on 18/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
About the full moon tonight going into a Perigree moon the night after:

The orientation of the orbit is not fixed in space, but precesses over time. The nearest and farthest points in the orbit are the perigee and apogee respectively. The line joining these two points (the line of apsides) rotates slowly in the same direction as the Moon itself (direct motion), making one complete revolution in 3232.6054 days or about 8.85 solar orbits.

Distance at perigee ~364397 km

lunar phase: "anomalistic" - 27.554550 - with respect to the perigee (recesses in 3232.6054 d = 8.8504 a)

Other definitions for the duration of a lunar month include the time it takes to go from perigee to perigee (the anomalistic month)

When the Moon is at its perigee, its rotation is slower than its orbital motion, and this allows us to see up to eight degrees of longitude of its eastern (right) far side.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PacificBlue

Thanks for posting that link for us to see a second time. I posted the day before (generally same link) how MSM finnally HAD to put news out there because folks all over the place are talking about it.
You may want to read all the pages. Will take some time, but there is so much to learn on this thread. There are some very special people here doing so much work keeping up with all those quakes that keep on going.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
May off subject... but its a good point IMO

Right now in SE Kentucky its almost 70 degrees... the Sun is shining and its beautiful and amazing... Hows the weather in Arkansas?

Also Monday of this week was the first day it was "warm" here... it was like the beginning of March... really really windy... i had to spend most of the day outside working that day...

It's supposed to be cold and wet and miserable outside... if you pay attention to the Calendar... why is it nice?!

could it be something to do with something related to something about this thread? HAARP? Something?

Weather here is amazing also....strange since this time last week we had 2 feet of snow on the ground.
edit on 18-2-2011 by rinowilli because: sleep deprivation

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I have not used the word "Wow" as much as I have this week in my life. From the activity last weekend at Mt. St. Helens to X-Class Solar Flares to this business in Arkansas, it has been eventful to say the least. I know that there have been far bigger and greater single events over the years by far, but this has been one hell of a roller coaster this week. We are all a part of a conspiracy website, and many of us have either been on here for years, or lurking for just as many. I've been on here a few weeks shy of a year myself, with one break during that time, and I have met on here some very dilusional and irrational people, and also some of the most brilliant and friendly minds that I have ever encountered (and I do include all of the regulars to this thread, and the Quake, Volcano, and Solar Watch threads, and a host of others in the latter category).

I consider myself fairly rational, and as a father of 4 wonderful (but very crazy and semi-dangerous at times) children, someone who is used to stressful situations quite often. Well, this situation in Arkansas, with the possible reprecussions it might have throughout that region, is not making me stressed, rather, it is in all reality, starting to scare the living $#&@ out of me. And if it was not for every single other poster in this thread, I think I would be going nutsy right now.

The potential loss of life in that region, coupled with the economic chaos and global depression it would cause is terrible to consider, and foolish to dismiss.

Puterman, your response earlier after seeing some of the Gasland footage was fantastic. It seems like we are not only permitting our own doom, but by not doing anything about it, we are assisting the acceleration of a very scary seismic possibility.

What will it take for these companies to learn? A return to the Middle Ages because of catastrophe?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Listen sir if your goal is to attack others go elsewhere. Dutshsince is only doing what he thinks is the truth.
If you don't agree or don't like the what he does fine just don't listen to him. Don't come here and start mayhem on another who is just trying his best to help others. He is a very bright individual too so this has to end.

I am really tired of this behavior and if you people in here can simply state facts about the subject WE have subscribe because we are interested and stop attacking and insulting each other it would be great.

We are not the Government and any suggestions is welcome.

Respectfully

Peace,Always
edit on 18-2-2011 by bridak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bridak

No problem my friend. If you choose to listen to that clap trap and believe it so be it. As always I will attack disinformation and supposition.

By the way

and if you people in here can simply state facts about the subject

Apply that to your friend as well and we will all be better off.

Peace.

edit on 18/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
....LOL...meanwhile another eq in Arkansas

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I wonder if that is this:

Magnitude 2.3
Date-Time Friday, February 18, 2011 at 18:40:42 UTC
Friday, February 18, 2011 at 12:40:42 PM at epicenter

Location 35.264°N, 92.352°W
Depth 6.5 km (4.0 miles)
Region ARKANSAS

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...#

I think someone already posted this article. It's source is the Associated Press. Most of the media is using this as their source.

I've been giving the geologist in charge, Scott Ausbrooks a hard time. Even though he though he's indicated that they are looking into the injection wells. He's doing his best to sit on the fence. Nowhere in his statements does he bring up the scientific fact that injection causes quakes. He doesn't mention the research into the Colorado study. This omission is glaring.

www.youtube.com...

I forgot to say. At least the media is finally taking this serious and asking more questions. But they are still way behind us out here. We're the source.

edit on 18-2-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

You must be a lunatic
Seriously however you seem to know your moon stuff (or moon shine?)

Do you have any idea what the difference in gravitational pull is at apothingy and perithingy?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is very worrying add these recent earthquakes to the many happening around the globe and of course recent volcanic eruptions one can only think that the plates themselfs are moving at a more accelerated rate than in the past.I am a member of many web sites and cross reference the information I find to try and make sense of the madness we as a planet are facing.Many will know of the recent floods in Australia but there are many other areas of the globe that are also experiencing major flooding although rainfall has not been the route cause.[most are not reported due to their location]
1 theory that I see more and more is that our plates are going through a dramatic change and the side affects are that areas like Australia,Indonesia,Malaysian,Brazil,Philippines and Pakistan are dropping in height as the plates they sit on are sinking other plates are rising or being twisted causing pressure points where earthquakes are becoming more frequent and gaining strength.I do believe that the new Madrid fault line is being caused because that are is being pulled in two different directions causing a roll effect that will only get worst with time.
I'm not the smartest person when it comes to the science part but I will post here a link to another site I use that will explain it better than I ever could and although I live in the UK and am not at risk my heart goes out to all those people who live within that area.
poleshift.ning.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

This isn't the political conspiracy, ufo or paranormal thread...if you want to argue or bash people go where the rest of the kids lurk.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
reply to post by Realtruth

I don't think the watery sand geysers went more than a couple hundred feet high. There were holes blasted through the ground and massive cracks. Sulfer smells and a strange vapour. As we know there is lots of natural gas in the shales. Migrating gas, water and pressure shot material out of the ground as if it was a baker's piping bag. The ground will become a liquid. This is the real danger.

The sand geysers went as high as 2,000 feet.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I posted this on the Yellowstone thread - I'll post it here now to as I want some people to look at it before it goes away. - I've only had a few hours sleep in a few days an maybe I am missing something, but I don't think so :

Something is not quiet right

Links not working - please see Yellowstone Thread
edit on 18-2-2011 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join