It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Felt one just now in Little Rock

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

You must be sitting right on top of it. its a 2.0 or 2.1 probably. Definately migrating south

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RomaMayLi

Good - Then Don't.

Next.

Gearing up for another one - appears this flares are having an effect.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I want to go to bed as I am feeling a sense of vertigo, I keep asking myself if it is just being suggestible to the situation or a real physiological effect of something unseen yet affecting me just the same. But I am intrigued by each and every post, waiting for the next piece of information on this incredible ordeal.

All I can pray is that the night passes without any real danger to the people in the affected areas.

Dizzy without the fun.

DITTO DITTO DITTO!!!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Wrong time - snnip
edit on 18-2-2011 by MoorfNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Well I pulled up a bunch of stations to narrow it down and these appear to be closest to the one at

Marlvern, AR

Last one was probably around 2.2 or so

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Hi there!!!

Yup, that one was the last one reported, from awhile ago. It appears they are now only posting those above 2.5....and only AFTER reviewing it!!! Who knows how long the list really is by now?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I hope not.... I`m very close to Malvern, and that takes it closer to Hot Springs and Magnet Cove ( referenced in the volcano theory)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Hey there WestCoast - how you doing? Been fascinating reading your thread re rumblings

Since last night I notice they've been uber-cautious with their reviews with the Arkansas quakes. Makes me more nervous knowing they're so "on to it"...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Sitting here in Eastern Kentucky sipping cranberry juice...

While I may not be dead center to all these quakes, and I havent felt anything as far as the ground shaking. But I do got a "anxious" feeling, a rather nervousness... Could be due to the fact I been awake 21 hours and I watched all the earth quakes and cracks and volcanoes explode in that movie 2012 this afternoon and I been reading about that wonderful solar flare...

It might be suggestion and paranoia but I honestly feel like, that at any second I could drop 20 feet or my trailer be knocked over or something nasty like that....

Also... someone mentioned in some thread (forgive my failure to provide a link to the correct thread) that people are starting to have memory problems... Since Monday everything seems like a dream sequence and at times it gets too surreal... and I barely remember what happened since Monday... it like this week's events happened 10 years ago... My wife described the same feeling...

well thats my two cents... if this whole place goes to hell... i wish you all luck and I hope you and yours weathers through it fine!
I'm out of Cranberry juice... time for more Ocean Spray

link   
Magnitude
Date-Time
Friday, February 18, 2011 at 06:10:33 UTC
Friday, February 18, 2011 at 12:10:33 AM at epicenter
Depth
5 km (3.1 miles) set by location program
Region
ARKANSAS
Distances
4 km (2 miles) SSE (166°) from Greenbrier, AR
7 km (4 miles) E (96°) from Wooster, AR
10 km (6 miles) WNW (295°) from Holland, AR
14 km (8 miles) NNE (30°) from Conway, AR
51 km (32 miles) N (355°) from Little Rock, AR
426 km (265 miles) SSW (207°) from St. Louis, MO
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 11.8 km (7.3 miles); depth fixed by location program
Parameters
NST= 6, Nph= 6, Dmin=46.6 km, Rmss=0.58 sec, Gp=140°,
M-type="Nuttli" surface wave magnitude (mbLg), Version=2
Source
U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center:
World Data Center for Seismology, Denver
Event ID
us2011hmaq

link   
Another one....back a little North again.

Probably under 2.0 though. maybe 1.7 oe 1.8 there abouts

Anyone feel it?

(in light of the above post, it may be a bit bigger)
edit on 18-2-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonlover12

I hope not.... I`m very close to Malvern, and that takes it closer to Hot Springs and Magnet Cove ( referenced in the volcano theory)

Woah.....help me out here. Volcano theory and hot springs? Forgive my ignorance, but is there evidence of volcanic activity here in the past? 'cause that would make what I am seeing very, very....hmmmmm

moorfnz-good to see you too!

I know most people probably don't realize the significance in the USGS doing this...I have never heard of it or seen it happen before.

@berkelygal: that was bigger than I thought, compared to how some of the others are looking, compared to what they are being measured as. Maybe we will see the list start to back-fill at some point?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I felt a small one at 12:34

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Westcoast, can you give me what your seeing on GEE - Iris is looking rather odd! Geez, I have to go to bed soon I have to be up in 4 hours for a busy day!

The oddness appeared right after those 2 smaller event that just happend - reminds me of something
edit on 18-2-2011 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Do you think the USGS is being told to filter the info or do you think some desk geologist is crapping his pants right now and doesn't want to wake his or her boss up?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Geez....it just wont stop!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

The Answer is C - both A and B apply - Prize to the lady in the Pink hat
. Got to love Puterman

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical

Do you think the USGS is being told to filter the info or do you think some desk geologist is crapping his pants right now and doesn't want to wake his or her boss up?

I think its obvious that there is more than one geologist crapping his or her pants.....desk or no desk

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Is New Madrid really a Super Volcano? or just a volcano period? Is that what some of you are thinking'?

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join