It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

And now another pretty good size one.

WHAR HHZ AG 00

No listing showing on USGS just yet.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

That is probably this one:

Magnitude 2.9
Date-Time Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 17:07:02 UTC
Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 11:07:02 AM at epicenter

Location 35.271°N, 92.371°W
Depth 5.8 km (3.6 miles)
Region ARKANSAS

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Yep, that would be the one
Seems like it takes USGS a good 15 minutes or so to update their site when they come in. Understandable though with the amount of earthquakes all over the world.

Edit to add: Another one? Really? Wow.

WHAR HHZ AG 00

Just popping off one right after another it seems.
edit on 16-2-2011 by watchdog because: adding more info.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

What are we doing to our planet? Whenever I see images like you posted, my stomach tightens up and it is hard not to feel enraged. The crime is that nothing will ever change or stop with anything unless a crisis hits us in our face. In this case, it might be a horrible earthquake.

Let's build our wealthiest cities on vunerable coast lines, or on top of fault lines or, next to monster volcanos. Or in this case, pump bad water into our ground beneath us and wish 'happy-dappy' thoughts so that the underground does not crack.

When are we going to realize that the 'doesn't matter cause it's not in my backyard' attitude has not ever, and will not ever work because everything is connected, so when you affect one system, it carries through all nearby systems.

Even though I hate them, thanks for posting those pics. Star!

edit on 16-2-2011 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

forcing high-pressure contaminated water into the earth.

Yes, Westcoast.

That contaminated water has chemicals (that they don't have to tell anything about) that are picked for their lubricating properties. Just what we don't need in a fault zone.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If you look at the google map of the area where the last quake occured, the 2.9mag., there are five fracking drill site within a 1.5 kilometer radius. The 2.8mag. just before that was just 400 meters from a drilling pad. (that's about 1300 feet oldschool).

Although I am quite certain about the cause of the quakes, that's not why I started this thread. It's because these quakes are a precursor. February is earthquake awareness month. I believe that the people of the Mississippi River Valley need to be actively aware and they need to take this information and prepare.

Even if I could prove absolutely that fracking is the cause, it's not alone in responsibility. But it is the triggerman. All of these faults would probably rupture one day due to natural causes. The problem is the intensity of the fracking and the speed at which it's ramping up production. This will hasten the natural process.

In 1811/1812 the quakes spanned many months. The accelerated changes brought about by fracking and deep weel injection disposal may cause multiple quakes over a much shorter timeframe.

Since it was way back in the early 1800's, there were few people in the area and there could have been swarms preceeding the coming quakes, but there was no one to record them.

I know this is a conspiracy site. I appreciate that. But I hope we can focus on the quakes and the faults and the history. The geology of the matter. Firm stuff rocks. Feel free to spin off your own thread if you want to explore HAARP, and other possible causes. Like I said, I got my suspect, but the objective of this thread is to look toward the future and prepare.

Like the boys scouts and girls scouts preach, be prepared. "The more you know, the more you grow." Cause you're survived and are alive to do so.

edit on 16-2-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Hi Robin, the total amount of energy released by all quakes over mag 1.0 between 01 Jan 2010 and today is the equivalent of one single magnitude 4.45 earthquake.

Now might be the time to remind folks that numbers do not matter
edit on 16/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
search.usa.gov...
Tried to search for "fracking data" and in pulls up something like this... Advanced Search
We're including results for tracking data. Do you want results only for fracking data?
Then click on Fracking data "only"... Advanced Search
We're including results for +tracking data site:www.eia.doe.gov OR site:www.eia.gov. Do you want results only for +fracking data?
Then try clicking on fracking data (delete the + sign), this is what happens... Advanced Search
We're including results for tracking data. Do you want results only for fracking data?
No< I do not want "tracking data", only the fracking data. To sum it up, there screwing around with us and do not want us to know too many "specifics", so we cannot relate EQ data to fracking data. (IMHO)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by G.A.G.

You won't get results from fracking data since fracking is a process. Try just searching for fracking, or hydro fracking, or hydraulic fracturing.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by G.A.G.

You won't get results from fracking data since fracking is a process. Try just searching for fracking, or hydro fracking, or hydraulic fracturing.

Thanks PuterMan, I actually did that and the only informatin from the eia website is geared towards school children and teachers. I didnt get to deep into what they provide for them to learn, but I am quite sure it'll P_ss me off.

link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I wish we could get coords. on all the fracking sites around this area and then do an overlay of EQ's for a 24 hour period and see how they line up.

link   
I'm in Memphis and nothing unusual is going on here. Local news did just come on and mentioned the earthquakes in Arkansas though, and I knew ATS members would be on it. I'll get back to this thread if anything unusual comes about (animals, sounds) and will continue to follow it nonetheless.

link   

There you are Robin. I assume you mean this one?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1d0ca96b0f6c.png[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Reading this reminded me of the picture in this thread. Did you happen to see it? Check out where the circle at the lower right hits. Freaky.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

Well this one is not from today but from a previous batch that I did and is an overlay of the quakes at that time with the well sites. Since the quakes are still in the same area it will give you an idea.

edit on 16/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Another little one just popped up on USGS. Maybe a daily total might be better while this is going on? This is the fourth one since this thread came up earlier.

Magnitude 2.4
Date-Time Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 17:26:41 UTC
Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 11:26:41 AM at epicenter
Location 35.268°N, 92.347°W
Depth 5.9 km (3.7 miles)
Region ARKANSAS

earthquake.usgs.gov...

edit on 16-2-2011 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Ohhh la la Puterman. Thanks so much.

2nd line.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog

I wish we could get coords. on all the fracking sites around this area and then do an overlay of EQ's for a 24 hour period and see how they line up.

I do too. Shouldnt there be some form of permitting proccess that takes place prior to allowing to "frack"? If there is indeed permits, would they not be "public record"?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog
reply to post by lasertaglover

Yep, that would be the one
Seems like it takes USGS a good 15 minutes or so to update their site when they come in. Understandable though with the amount of earthquakes all over the world.

It doesn't happen automagically. You have to download the traces. Pick the "p" , "s" and coda. Get a publishable location and then send it out. The Center for Earthquake Research and Information in Memphis locates 99 percent of those events. When the info is sent out it shows up o the NEIC/USGS website.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

It has been awhile since I,ve been in a classroom so this might seem a little kindergarten to you but I'm going to ask anyway.This lingo is all new to me so heres my question,are you saying that the main area of activity is Memphis so it would be like throwing a stone in a in a pond and the ripple effects would be causing the fracking outwards,but the main area of concern is the place you threw the stone?(Memphis)So that means the ripples are causing instability to other areas?if so what other areas are being affected?..........thanks,star and flag for you

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join