It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 279
<< 276  277  278    280  281  282 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by maybee

My friend in Romance heard the second boom too!!! GEE isn't loading so I can't watch it. Makes me a little nervous.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Has anyone seen a quake listed anywhere close to Memphis today?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I've been watching the quakes and it's been real quiet. I never saw anything come up for Alabama. It may have been so small it wasn't listed.
Susan, maybe it was quarry blasts. Just a guess. There was nothing on the graphs.
And at the moment, Memphis is quiet. There was a cluster of four quakes a few days ago, but nothing recent.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

OK I"m not sure about this site, but this could explain it if this article is accurate. The quarry closes at noon on Saturday, so it wasn't them an there are some underground silo's all around us that are close.

Tunnels to at least 13 underground bases being sealed off

dancingczars.wordpress.com...
edit on 25-9-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

The original article from World News
presscore.ca...
edit on 25-9-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Memphis and Arkansas getting some nasty weather right about now.......

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Wondering if you guys are feeling anything in the last while. There's been a few small ones. It may be nothing much. But for some reason, I feel somethings brewing. Will keep watching.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I just got home have been gone all day and thought I'd check so no I didn't feel anything but will load GEE and start looking.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

It seems to have calmed down. There were only three. Two very small and the third just above 2M. So, maybe it's nothing. But you know that I am convinced things come in clusters, so...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I won't go that far Robin to say it's nothing. I just inspected the house and have cracks in a couple of places that were not here and are not on the engineers report that was just done within the past month. Have to finish inspecting and updating photos and get them sent to USGS, attorney and engineer.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Maybe I meant it's nothing to worry about as far as something bigger. There's still no quake on the list. It's obviously local.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I know, just makes you very nervous when you come in and see the damage that small quakes can cause. Now have to amend the engineers report and probably have him back out.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I reported a quake to USGS on the 26th. A real house shiver with a metallic shivering noise at 11:20 AM. Not deep, but like when a horse shakes a fly off its skin. Came from the South/Southeast. It was unmistakable, but I checked around to make sure there was no blasting or truck movement.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by katfish

They don't have one listed for that time. However, there were three in Arkansas yesterday and they're not listed.
I'm not sure what's going on.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I am so sorry for the damage being caused to your place. We are noticing small damages like drywall taping popping and pictures falling.

The recent quakes I have been experiencing are almost on the earth's surface and shivering. This shiver action seems to cause more minor damage than a deeper quake which just moves the house.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by katfish

Start documenting it all with photos and dates etc...state your damage to make sure you remember it correctly and have it all down. You may need it for future reference, but I hope not. Yes there are new cracks yesterday in sheetrock and a new buckle in the dining room floor. Front door not closing correctly now from yesterday. With the previous engineers report this place could possibly be condemned and that's the damage you can see.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I'm still waiting for yesterday's quake to show up on the list. You will need it to blame for the new cracks. Maybe you should email the earthquake people and ask them where it is.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I reported it and kept the screen shot of it that has the date and all. Think I will email them Robin Thanks.

Look at these stations.

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

Link to Faulkner County Stations

www.geology.ar.gov...

edit on 27-9-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yesterday, my daughter and I noticed that her mirror on her dresser had fallen, and that a large crack ran across her floor board...

I cannot still figure out what to attribute this too, other than......

You all know I'm in Memphis

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Very likely. The engineer that came out and looked at our place said that it was not normal settlement and he noted that in his report and that he felt the damage here was caused by the quakes. You are on the Ms river too and the stations near you always show something going on.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

The first siesmo you put up definately had three quakes on it. I've been waiting and still nothing on the list. This is unusal. They normal post the quakes in a reasonable time. I would start doubting there was quakes, but I've seen enough to know when they're local. I wish they'd just post it already so I can stop checking.

top topics

<< 276  277  278    280  281  282 >>

join