It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 277
<< 274  275  276    278  279  280 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Thank you. I just skimmed the middlebrooks stuff and I absolutely do not buy it. There are people on ATS who change their identities constantly and throw out tidbits of fear because that is how they get their jollies. I have checked.

People who really know stuff do not talk. They won't risk their careers over it.

I am noticing a trend of small quakes in the Midwest just before weather changes. Barometric pressure upheavals? Once the rain comes the quakes stop for a bit.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

Originally posted by tmiddlebrook36
More info. This is an intercept of an email:

t, I remain skeptical. But if there is new data and studies out there discussing the reasons for this increased awareness of a potential big one, please share this with us. Im sure you could U2U someone on this thread that would post this data for us and you.

But the bottom line is, the plates are in motion and heating up. Big ones.....probably everywhere soon as far as I can tell. In fact they already are happening. And all that released pressure is going somewhere else. The tohoku EQs in Japan sent a massive chunk of energy our way via the lithosphere. Both the Cascadia subduction zone (CSZ) and the New Madrid Fault (NMF) have been absorbing energy for 200 to 300 years without really moving. And move they must. Its the law of earth physics.

I give the CSZ a year. It will set off the San Andreas and other localized fault systems. When these go, so goes the NMF shortly afterwards. Im just thinking out loud.

The thing I use as a predictor is Edgar Cayce. In a trance he said that the big one along the CA coast would happen 3 months after the second sister erupted. Two famous volcanoes are considered the two sisters by most (and for the life of me I cant remember which two), but I like a different theory that says that the two sisters are actually Mt St Helens and Mt St Helena. Helens blew, and it's well known that the geysers area north of Mt St Helena is the most seismically active area in the lower 48. If Mt St Helena starts acting up, sell the ranch quick.

**** Closest post to date. And, yes, I do log on to read what people are writing as I cannot be responsible for information being entirely leaked. You should ALL doubt me. In science, skepticism is the most priceless position. Nothing came from our MB yesterday, (simply stated: Morning Briefing). People are trying to piece a ton of information together and this science is so very new and the data sometimes contradicting, so you can imagine their hesitation. Bottom line; there is specific and credible information supporting theories being presented, modified, and redetermined on literally an hourly basis. Please reread GESS. Some of you are nearly spot on in theory. I remain skeptical myself, however I have been around this world for many years and never before has science pointed in one direction more. Stay prepared.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tmiddlebrook36

Thank you for responding....and I appreciate the fact that you understand the criticism.

I urge you to take a look at a thread I have been authoring for awhile now, involving a theory that ties into what you are warning us of, I believe:

Putting it all together.......

Essentially, I think that the CSZ extends all the way down through california...with the seismic zone being just east of the center. That the San Andreas fault is a SYMPTOM of this, and so is any activity along it. That the spreading, or 'unzipping' of said fault will occur prior to or as a result of the CSZ slipping...leading to a coast-wide event.

I have further speculated that the cascade range volcanos, the Oregon calderas and California calderas are all linked in a way not exposed (as far as I know) and would also be directly affected by said event.

In the past week I have further speculated (based on recent quakes and now your info) that the new madrid could aslo very possibly be tying into this...that the stresses and energy involved translates throughout the whole plate. That under this stress, it is going to give at the weakest point...the New Madrid.

I would appreciate any of your thoughts on this...or if you think I am wasting my time or need to direct my energies elsewhere.

I welcome you to U2U me or any other established member here at ATS if you want to say more "off the boards".

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Just a quick update, literally have to log off ASAP, but time is of the essence here. This is what was forecast yesterday, foreshock within 72 to 96 hours:

Magnitude
Date-Time
Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 14:44:51 UTC
Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 07:44:51 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Depth
16.9 km (10.5 miles)
Region
GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA, CALIFORNIA
Distances
9 km (6 miles) SSW (196°) from Yucaipa, CA
10 km (6 miles) WNW (289°) from Beaumont, CA
13 km (8 miles) SSE (162°) from Mentone, CA
14 km (9 miles) ENE (78°) from Moreno Valley, CA
109 km (67 miles) E (96°) from Los Angeles Civic Center, CA
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 0.2 km (0.1 miles); depth +/- 0.4 km (0.2 miles)
Parameters
Nph=145, Dmin=9 km, Rmss=0.21 sec, Gp= 32°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=3

I hope no one is doubting me any longer. More to come.

Please prepare.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Posting to keep an eye on this...westcoast
edit on 14-9-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Okay. I've concluded that California has nothing to do with the topic.
Westcoast has started a thread to discuss middlebrook, I suggest middlebrook write there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's very popular despite the "hoax label". And people are still curious. And there is an ongoing discussion. On Westcoast's thread, IT IS THE TOPIC.

Middlebrooke could start their own thread. I would be happy to direct anyone interested to the new thread, and will continue to send them to the existing one. I do not want to stifle free speech, I just want the speaker to be on the right soap box. This one is occupied and preoccupied with Arkansas. And Memphis, and anything else that is related.

I didn't grow up with a silver spoon in my mouth. I learned early that telling on people wasn't "cool". Some of my rougher associates would not be so polite and would calling it "ratting" and it was the biggest taboo of all. This code and my following it, saved me from an ass-kicking once. So, I am very reluctant to "turn" a person in, and choose to deal with my business directly, and head-on.

So, I'm asking real nice, and I've been very clear, please keep this dicussion on topic.
Failure to do so, will force me into being a jerk.
And I hate jerks.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

I concur wholeheartedly with Robin on this point. His thread is specifically about seismic events in the middle part of the country. Yes, Robin has mentioned quakes in other areas, but he always relates if back to his concern for Arkansas and it's surrounding areas.

ATTENTION tmiddlebrook: please, if you feel the need to continue posting please do so in the thread created for that purpose.

You will find a plethora of interested and willing people who are diligently researching what you have released as a serious possibility.

I would respectfully request that you extend that courtesy to Robin and everyone else on this site. You can be as cryptic or as plain as you like and your words will be taken seriously.

You've chosen this site (ATS) for a reason. If that reason is the one you maintain it is, your credibiliy would only be enhanced by complying with this small request.

Most recent page can be found here.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I have a question that has been on my mind for awhile. Is it true that before an earthquake there are weird clod formations?
Like I said before, I live in Memphis and wish to help out any way I can even if that means looking for weird cloud patterns.

link to some of these cloud formations

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ultinium

While the jury is still out on certain cloud anomalies as a precursor to seismic activity, I think there is more than adequate evidence to support this happening.

Memphis has been off the hook in the earth transient cloud anomalies dept. this entire summer.

Look to the skies and get some good pictures for me and the ones on this site that have an interest in such matters as these.....As I have tried with a piece of $#!^ camera

edit on 14-9-2011 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

I will using my phone and if it is unclear then I can use my video camera if need be. Also, how you were saying how the clouds were off the hook for the summer one thing really caught my and my friend's attentions. Basically, it was about 10pm and it was still partially light outside? It had a small golden tint to it. My friend put a picture on facebook so I'm going to try to find it then upload it for you to see.
Ok found them! Weird thing is that it was on my birthday.

NOTICE: I used imgur to upload them.

imgur.com...

imgur.com...
Hope this is relevant to what you mean!
edit on 14-9-2011 by Ultinium because: add informative information

edit on 14-9-2011 by Ultinium because: fix links

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ultinium

Google earthquake clouds an click on terra earth? and you will see the the type that are most commonly witnessed this summer.

I have seen ALL the clouds documented on the net this summer.......YIKES

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Here's a good place to look when you want to know about things we've discussed.
You'll find tons of links and there is links for earthquake clouds.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=12259867#pid12259867

Some of the clouds I just checked on links provided earlier, I thought most were normal.
I think earthquakes cause clouds and ionized discharges in the form of radon and other gases. I think there's a wide variety of possible cloud formations. Given humidity and temperature. And the position of the sun.

As for the golden clouds, I think that may be from the fires. There's lots of smoke in the air. Not sure. Just that's it's a possibility.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Ok go to youtube and look up the date 5-25-11 Memphis, Tennessee. The day that I saw the golden tint late at night was either on this day or the 26. Anyways, on the 25th there was intense weather being tornadoes, large strikes of lightning, and extremely heavy rains (one video attempts to show how the rain is going sideways). And yes there were weird cloud formations of a beaver tail described by a couple videos.

I did look at the terraresearch website you mentioned and I do not recall much cloud formation over the summer but I believe I have seen those clouds a few times!

EDIT: It was not golden clouds but a rather tint to the outside. I noticed it while at a different friend's house that lives far enough away so that it couldn't be a fire, not to mention it was late at night at about 10pm I believe and its not supposed to be nearly that bright outside. Also another thing to put into consideration of the "golden tint" is that the first picture was taken while looking more towards the west/northwest while the second photo was taken while looking to the east.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Ultinium because: add informative information

edit on 14-9-2011 by Ultinium because: add more facts

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Strange call on coast to coast about the new madrid fault.... www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Just a heads up for those who haven't seen a few pages back. We have a reference bibliography for the resources we have used during this discussion. It can be found at www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is best to go to the last post then scroll up to the last posted bibliography update. And just before that is a post that has a complete list of topic categories that the bibs. That will make your research for subjects easier to find your area of interest.
Use links! I double check 'em and include them in the bibs. Hope this helps.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

You missed my post earlier telling our new guest they can find lots of info on your bibliography. It's so nice to direct any curious people to your thread. It's massive. You've done some great work.

Arkansas had a small quake. I think near Quitman. Only curious thing is it came as there was a brief pause in "eastern" activity and coincided with Colorado. Everything east of the Rockies is connected, and even though Colorado is on the Rockies, I'll include it with the areas to watch because it coincided with the Virginia quake.

I don't like using the term, but I will. Arkansas is ground zero. And the quakes around it are like spokes on a bicycle wheel. But then I changed my thinking on that. I now see it as a pane of glass. Arkansas being the point a which an object breaks the glass. The surrounding quakes are the cracks that project outward from the point of contact. You can't think of it as real time. Imagine the glass breaking and following the movement of fracturing in slow motion. Then you may understand how I look at this region.

www.youtube.com...

I'm adding this second video just because there's a lady in it you have to see. Her husband is shooting at her from point blank range. She's either the bravest woman to have ever lived, or the dumbest. Not sure.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 16-9-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
OK Dragonlady and I have noticed that our compasses have been off the past couple of days. Mine right now is showing north is pointing almost completely west.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This is completely off topic and I am a sinner.
Ever since I first heard of the Arkansas swarm, and particularly after the birds fell from the sky, I've been scanning the web for news from Arkansas. I get email alerts from Arkansas. Some of the stories I've read are more than interesting. Some are outrageous. This morning's list of stories took the cake when I spotted this one...

www.reuters.com...

I know I shouldn't laugh. It's serious, and it's an assult. I'm sure I'll be forgiven considering the bizarre nature of the matter.

Had to edit. I only laughed at the headline and only read the first two paragraphs. Now I'm know I'm going to pay for my sin. By the end of the story I was disturbed.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Does the compass still point west if you wander around your yard and check?
Have you tried it as you drive around town?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
reply to post by SusanFrey

Does the compass still point west if you wander around your yard and check?
Have you tried it as you drive around town?

Have you tried more than one compass?

top topics

<< 274  275  276    278  279  280 >>

join