It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 276
<< 273  274  275    277  278  279 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
No Mr. Middeton today? Has anyone heard from him?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You know, I was just reading back over tmiddlebrooks posts, and again this comment stood out for me:

I stress, timing is everything, and thus why there is no current public data. New information if pouring in daily, however we're moving in the wrong direction.

I've always said that I question whether or not the public would be alerted even if the Government knew of something major about to happen on the coast. The main reason being political and economical. Could you imagine the fall-out? Just the mass evacuation and terror that would ensue.....the looting, crime, hysteria, other states being over-run with millions fleeing the coast. The stockmarket would crash, our fragile economy would tip....no. Our government couldn't risk it.. Better to let it happen and cut loses later. Seriously. Think about it.

I think that is what this statement is referring to. Just my opinion.

edit on 13-9-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Exactly what I was thinking.
How would it look if they sent out an alert,and nothing happened.
But,then,if something did happen,and they knew it was coming,did not alert anyone,how would THAT look?
But,we are the only one's in the public that know of this info,as far as we know.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

government couldn't risk it.. Better to let it happen and cut loses later. Seriously. Think about it.

I totally agree, they would not let the public know,
as they have not let us known other things in the
past I am sure.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I know this does not pertain to Arkansas but I feel as if I "know" most of you folks so I am posting it here.
I live on the Eastern Shore of MD and feed the squirrels every morning at 6:00 am .

I have been doing this for over 10 yrs. If I am late they let me know by banging on the door or getting on the deck furniture and staring in the windows until you feed them.

The last 3 weeks I have had no squirrels ! We are talking about at least 25 of them. The racoon that visits my feeders every night has also disappeared but I am not worried about her ,lol !

When I first noticed this I was spooked , but with my husband now wondering too I am getting scared that something big may be coming.

The birds that I have been feeding for over 30 years in my yard have changed some of their behaviors too.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by iprotectwildlife

The wildlife here are acting very normal, lots of deer, squirrels and birds. The deer come out during the day to eat and hang out in our yard. A couple of them are a little spooky and jump and take off at the slightest noise or movement but come right back. Laughed this morning when a bass hit a bug on the pond and one of the does about jumped out of her skin. LOL

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

I am so glad that your area has calmed down enough that your wildlife feel safe and you can enjoy them. Wish my squirrels would come back.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
No Mr. Middeton today? Has anyone heard from him?

I'm beginning to think MB meeting was really MiB meeting and we may not see him again.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Just looked at his profile, he was on 51 minutes ago.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Hmmmm I hope he keeps his promise.Still wondering if he's legit.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Hope he does come back.
Check out the titles of the papers on this GESS page. The titles alone tell me you all here have been on the right track in many ways. and that Tmiddlebrook hit the right talking points to seem to me to be legit.
solidearth.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Great find! Did you notice seven of the presenters/authors were from JPL?
I was reading through there for quite a while.
Thought I had stumbled onto something when I saw, "Tropospheric Noise"! I had never heard of it before. Turns out there's a reason why. It's a mile over my head!!! And not even possibly related to the weird noises. Darn it!

I feel like the kid of divorced parents right now. Waiting....waiting...... Sitting on the front porch steps, waiting for the noncustodial parent to pick me up, because they promised to take me someplace when they finished working!!! Watching, looking down the road, waiting....
How long do you wait before you give up for the night?!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
And ,so the game goes on,and middlebrook is laughing.
Or,he is for real,and the meeting came to be about nothing more then a false alarm.

But ,if this has to do with the M8 algorithm,they did it with Japan and then cancelled the alarm 2 months before the major quake due to some inconsistencies.
I officially throw my hands up in the air.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
10: 47 PM in North County St. Louis, the lowest kitchen cabinet rattled-I thought the dog was rummaging in it. No, all dogs asleep. Also a funny rumble in the distance. There are storms coming about 2 hours away in the west. The rumble came from the East.
10:20 PM earthquake near Olney, IL-directly east of St. Louis.

Just an observation.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by katfish

Hi Katfish,

If you don't know already we had an earthquake here in Il. at 10:20:36. It was 30 miles ENE of Mt Vernon, IL. I'm pretty excited right know because I told my Husband tonite about 6p.m. that I thought we were going to have one in the next 24 hours. I had to go to the V.A. Hospital in Waukegan with a family member. I was sitting in the waiting room at the time. Didn't feel a thing. But I was thinking about it. And trying to think about what "Tmiddlebrook" meant when he said "Were going the wrong way".

I not sure what to think, but I'll tell you this, I have been following all the threads. I'm on vacation and I have been able to reread things and to read things that I haven't had time to in the past. I'm on board with Westcoast and others. There is definitly something going on here that we all need to keep a close eye on.
I actually am going to recheck all our gear to make sure we are prepared in case we lose power or worse.

Be Safe all.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
From the report

Measurement of surface change (displacement) constitutes a powerful tool for resolving the deformation fields resulting from tectonic strain (Figure 1.1). Surface deformation includes other components besides tectonic strain, such as surface motion due to groundwater storage and retrieval (Bawden et al.,2001). The InSAR technique relies on correlated image-pairs to derive displacements to the resolution of a fraction of the radar wavelength.

Their system of predicting EQs is based on land deformations indicating pressure build up along fault lines using satelite imagery to map minute changes in landscape patterns. When the report came out in 2003, they were far from being able to predict anything other than long range estimates. To predict EQ activity in a specific locale and specific time period would take alot of data collection from 2003 to the present day, and patterns in that data that give them confidence in correlations between the two.

There have definately been enough big EQs since 2003 to provide data, but it still appears to early in the process to be accurate. T is probably for real, and a pattern of land deformations that preceded other EQs is probably occurring in So Cal.

If this is the case, even if the predictions turn out to be wrong, thank you tmiddlebrook for making us aware of the current science and possible conditions.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

edit on 14-9-2011 by dpage because: delete

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tmiddlebrook36

So I see that you were last on ATS just ten minutes ago. Nothing to say?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I suppose I have to trust my instincts. And since I know myself well, I know that if I thought there was substance to "middlebrook's" claims, I would be all over it like a stinky, sweaty shirt. But I'm not.

In fact, I'm doing my utmost to not let the whole "affair" distract me.

At one time I worked for E.D. Smith. We made jam and stuff. But globalization was soon to change the old family business. New corporate bosses bought the place and things changed. Since I was a new hire, I was bounced around and my future was uncertain. I finally got ticked off and wrote the president of the company. I basically told him to pooh or get off the pot. If he was going to lay off people, stop dithering and just do it.

I was laid off.

tmiddlebrook, sh__ or get off the pot.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Type: Earthquake
7 minutes ago
Magnitude: 4.2
DateTime: Wednesday September 14 2011, 14:44:50 UTC
Region: Greater Los Angeles area, California
Depth: 15.6 km

Foreshock?

top topics