It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 274
<< 271  272  273    275  276  277 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
CRAZY cloud formations in the Memphis skies.......I will try to upload some pictures later tonight.

I have observed three different kinds today. That is a first.

I am wondering if these solar flares are creating these wave like feather cloud anomalies I am witnessing?
They resemble the northern lights, but lack the coloring.

I hope this is not a picture of future violent shaking to come.........We shall see!

edit on 8-9-2011 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Rest assured the information being shared is NOT connected to solar flares in any way. I am departing with additional information to steer the conversation back into the right direction. Please understand and respect I'm way outside of my boundaries here...

There have been new studies that relate directly to "creep" and GESS. The findings are linked to recent major events (over long distances) and current conditions. The study discovered what may be termed as a possible "holy grail" of cause. By teaming what is called "prolonged triggered creep episodes and their effect on major slips" and recent GESS results, the research is phenomenally convincing; a major event is at the doorsteps of southern california, again, "imminent". I stress, timing is everything, and thus why there is no current public data. New information if pouring in daily, however we're moving in the wrong direction.

To address a question posed early about loss of life and valuation of damage, the thought of how large and how swift this even may be has caused some analysts to leap for worst case scenarios.

More later.

Stay alert, be prepared.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tmiddlebrook36

Interesting...

GESS - Global Earthquake Satellite System

And here's a recent article (published 4 months ago) on the phenomenon of "triggered creep":

Triggered creep as a possible mechanism for delayed dynamic triggering of tremor and earthquakes

Westcoast, in light of your theory, I think we have ourselves quite a scenario.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

Yes I have seen some crazy clouds today myself here in Arkansas exactly as you described. I also saw a strange sight last Sat that I watched for a little while and it made me a little anxious for a little bit. If I could get my phone to bluetooth to my computer I would post the photo I took but it won't connect. Tropical Storm Lee was moving partly this direction Sat, it was windy here with a chance of rain that vanished before it got here from one of the storm bands. I had taken kids to the water park in Little Rock, and on the way home about 5 pm there were a lot of clouds in the west where the sun was, the sun was barely peeking through them. To the right of the sun was a rainbow showing through a hole in the dark cloud that was covering the sun. It was unusual, strange and pretty all in one.

Then tonight at a football game the sky was partly cloudy with the clouds clearing out mostly, there was one cloud that just hung there and it didn't move much as the others went over in a bright area of the sky that was shaped exactly like a funnel cloud. As the sun went down the cloud got darker and was almost black in a dark blue sky just sitting there in the same spot for 2 hours.
We watched both ball games for the Jr. High teams. LOL!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Yes it is very interesting. Great find!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
To those of you with some time,here is a document Congressional Research Service.
A whole lot of money has been poured into this.

Earthquakes: Risk, Detection, Warning, and Research

www.fas.org...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Watch recent swarms in So Cal. We just had an active, albeit small movement, in the last hour.

Stay alert.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey
CRAZY cloud formations in the Memphis skies.......I will try to upload some pictures later tonight.

I have observed three different kinds today. That is a first.

I am wondering if these solar flares are creating these wave like feather cloud anomalies I am witnessing?
They resemble the northern lights, but lack the coloring.

I hope this is not a picture of future violent shaking to come.........We shall see!

edit on 8-9-2011 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

I thought I was the only one who noticed the other day...

One kind of looked like a 'slinky' or a chain

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Story that aired last night and today on the quakes here dropping off.

arkansasmatters.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Yeah!!!!! Confirmation if I have ever seen it. Thanks for that lead. Nice find.
2nd

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

I know I was really happy to see it and have been asking them on their facebook page to post the story and they did.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

OK so do they think this is going to run down the fault line?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I saw the slinky chain cloud. They were the same type spotted and documented from other quake prone areas of the world preceding big quakes.

The funnel type clouds were lined up, maybe six or seven in a row, and did not move for an hour or longer.

I have read that when these fault related cloud anomalies occur, they pop up out of nowhere, and will move very little, until they are dissipated by upper level winds.

Furthermore, I remember with great unease, the warning given by that Russian scientist this spring, that the New Madrid seismic area was showing great disturbances in the ionosphere above this area........To be continued.

P.S...............Do not fear, but prepare now!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Sorry, but you always have swarms in Souther Cali....I have more chances of hitting the lotto, or an air craft accident, than to bet on a swarm of quakes in southern Cali...c'mon...I could have posted a "prediction" last week, last month, last year, that Cali would have a swarm of quakes

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

Yep we have had them in the past 2 days as well here n. of springfield mo. Crazy weather too, wind spiking up especially near large bodies of water. Who knows witht he fullmoon on the rise how this is going to go, I tell you if nothing major goes down in the next 24 hours I am going to take an information break...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by tmiddlebrook36
Watch recent swarms in So Cal. We just had an active, albeit small movement, in the last hour.

Stay alert.

Here is a google earth pic of it.

If you look closely at the map and the fault line,at the top of the fault line,there is a little swarm of quakes,but below it there is none.
Like a rubber band that you are holding half way,then you let loose.
edit on 10-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Sorry....
edit on 9/10/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Grrr sorry mistake

edit on 9/10/2011 by StealthyKat because: grrr sorry

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Just copied this...there do seem to be many small ones...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dcd0a5eb6f4e.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Not sure if this means anything; a few hours ago

Magnitude M 4.8
Region WESTERN TEXAS
Date time 2011-09-11 12:27:45.0 UTC
Location 32.86 N ; 100.74 W
Depth 15 km

new topics

top topics

<< 271  272  273    275  276  277 >>