It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 241
<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Robin:
In an email Susan wrote to me, she said that she knew I wasn't religious but she was going to pray for me anyway. Well, I was just returning her love. Praying is an expression of love.

Wow Robin, you just summed it all up. For me, prayer/God/life energy IS love. Period. That is what it is all about!! When you strip the religion and ceremony away and get to the root of it.

No quakes in Arkansas recorded so far today. Hopefully they will only have to deal with one thing at a time, and that is not indicative of a build-up.
edit on 26-4-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I'm okay, thanks for asking

So glad Susan is okay - she & I exchanged a couple of messages here before the tornado tracked toward Vilonia so I knew she was keeping an eye on it.
From pictures I've seen, it was massive and the silver lining is that it tracked over a sparsely populated area between Mayflower & Vilonia...AND, it happened during the early evening so most people in the path were aware (and not asleep) and able to take cover.

Here's the latest news on the tornado damage: thecabin.net...

edit on 26-4-2011 by KathyG427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Now that we know Susan is okay, we need to get back on track. Unfortunately, if anyone else recalls, the last round of 4+ earthquakes we had (a couple of months ago) was when the ground was water logged. Well guys, I've got flood waters again, and we're expecting a lot more rain tonight. I'm packing my decorations back up even though I have company coming this weekend- time to get prepared again just in case. Anyone else think it's gonna cause problems? Robin?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Well, tonight Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Missouri, and a few more states including Texas and far as Pennsylvania are under severe weather alerts tonight.

CNN has discussed this all day....BAD WEATHER

edit on 26-4-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hi Everyone,

I'm here finally. Vilonia is a horrible mess, I'm sure you all have seen news coverage that I haven't seen yet. It will take a while to recover and rebuild. The electrician just left from repairing our backup generator on the house so we have backup power and will be this way for a week or so more than likely. I have not caught up completely on thread yet trying to get there, but more storms are coming in and I was told that these today could be worse than yesterdays. Tornado warnings are out now. I was happy to see no earthquakes today and pray that everyone is safe and that we don't have any more, that is the last thing we need on top of all the rain and flooding. We almost flooded out last night, came close. I took some photos this morning when we were out helping with clean up and I will post as soon as I can, not sure I can get some of them off my phone though. Thank you everyone we are OK and did not get any damage on the house, but it was awful close.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HadEnough

I don't know how it could not cause problems. It may take a few days for all the water to sink down but I have definately been expecting a build up. Thank goodness we have had no rain today. Its been skirting around us and that hasn't hurt my feeling a bit. Meanwhile I am putting more stuff in the survival gear and instead of worrying about when trying to work on preparedness.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ur44lois

well he haven't had any in a couple of days now. So when they start up again they'll likely be 3+. When you add in the massive flooding across the state... that makes it all the worse. *Sigh* So glad our gear is ready.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm so glad you're back with us Susan.

Here's a radar shot of the tornado just as it was approaching Vilonia.

www.weather.com...

I'm sorry if I ignored a couple of people who were wondering about the rainfall and the ground saturation. And whether or not it would cause more earthquakes. Not at first. The ground is full. So it has absorbed all the water and swelled. This will lock up faults and squeeze things together. It's when the water starts to lower, we'll have some quaking. Right now the water is following through the aquifer system and there will be some erosion of the channels, and sediment will block others. Once there is a change in levels, the differential in pressure zones will start to put stresses on the channels and faults.

It looks like today's storms are coming up from the south and will be developing over the next couple of hours.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

We just had something happen, storms not close enough to be thunder, house bounced.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...
Gulf of CA 5.6

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

We took cover when it got about 10 miles from us and stayed that way for a while. Yes I think we will be seeing some quakes in the next few days.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Robin and the rest of you have brought tears to my eyes reading back through the thread and catching up. What a wonderful group of people to have for friends, I am blessed, even though many of us have never met face to face, you are all very special to me. Thank you for being there and for being my friends.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
So happy to hear you are well Susan!

Storms and flooding coupled wih tornados in the Midwest.

Drought where I live is thought to have contributed to power outages at multiple oil refineries in my area , including BP Marathon, Valero, and Dow(see thread here)and to Wildfires burning in Texas:

The wildfires in Texas are a result of a combination of factors. A fierce, hot drought is upon the state; that's a factor. But the strong winds Texas has had lately are the true culprit behind the massive spreading of fire. More than a million acres have been burned in Texas during this fire season.

Source

Not to mention the earthquake, tsunami, and resulting nuclear crisis in Japan.

Oh and the seismic activity that may be linked to the Long Valley supervolcano tk go right along wih the jitters in Yellowstone.

I am not looking forward to hurricane season this year.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Wow, great to have you back with us Susan!
You have no idea what bounced your house?
Surely it wouldn't have been the Cali quake.
I suppose we should be on guard for storms
tonight and for more quakes when the water
lowers. Going to get dinner going before
the next round comes thru - we are under a
tornado watch as well.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
TMAR and anyone else in Ft Smith area - BE CAREFUL!

from KARK facebook page:
KARK 4 News
We are not taking our attention off Pope/Yell County, but a tornado is developing over the city of Ft. Smith and could touch down at any moment. TORNADO WARNING for Sebastian, Crawford Counties until 6:15.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
We had several tornado warnings, damaging hail and very strong winds....

and now they are saying that round two is on the way

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Stay safe. I have been posting over on the tornado watch thread about Memphis tonight.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Yes with lots of rain and tornado's in them. Stay safe.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by makinit66
reply to post by Antoniastar

Supposedly that home was under some sort of renovation, so luckily it was empty on Easter morning. Most likely a gas leak somewhere.
It would have been devastating had there been a family living there.

Yep it could of been a gas leak. Good thing no one was home. But people in the vicinity didn't get any warning so at least there were no major injuries. I was hoping to find more info on any updates but I guess not enough time has gone by yet.

This is interesting...

The home's energy provider was National Grid and investigators claim that the entire street will be treated as a crime scene. Police employed bomb-sniffing dogs to pillage through the area. Other dogs and thermal detection equipment were used to check for victims.

www.longislandexchange.com...

I wonder if there were any animal deaths anywhere near the area. I'll check it out.

Toni

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Happy to know that you're safe Susan.

You're such a trooper.

new topics

top topics

<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join