It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 238
<< 235  236  237    239  240  241 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Rain and more rain for the next couple days. Should be out of here by Thursday. Be careful everyone.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

There is a tornado cell heading through Perryville, towards Toad Suck and our way.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Thanks, I've been trying to keep an eye on the updates...it has gotten pretty still here at the moment.
Edit: Not liking the greenish hue to the sky.
edit on 25-4-2011 by KathyG427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

Will be in Vilonia by 6:04 take shelter your on the north side, I'm on the south side of the graphic band thingy.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
We have another heading right for us. I sure wish these storms would end. The news guy can hardly keep up with them all over the state.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rinowilli

I'm in BV also, I asked some of the old timers at work today if they had ever had rain like this they said never. Then there is the lake by Walgreens, those poor ducks and geese, they will have to move across the highway if this keeps up. Meanwhile whats going to happen when this water moves on down to White river and hits the Buffalo where it will go down to Susans area and when it hits all those fracking areas all heck will break loose.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Lots of heavy weather. Police/emergency radio can be web monitored @

www.radioreference.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Susan, I hope you're in a safe place - headed your way

edit: it sounds bad in your area. Hope you're ok
edit on 25-4-2011 by KathyG427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Dear Susan, and all you that live near the Mississippi,

I've been watching the radar. And I've been watching the seismos before January 1.
It seems like you've had a bullseye painted on your part of the world since day one.
Earthquakes, floods, tornadoes, and animal deaths.
It's biblical.
I can't turn away. There's no clouds in my skies. But I know you are in the heart of the storm. I can't ignore that.
Thankfully, you people are made of sturdy stuff. You wouldn't have gotten to where you are if your ancestors weren't pioneers. If they weren't tough enough to carve their way through the wilderness, like fragile flowers they would have wilted long, ago and withered away to nothing. You are hardy folk. Solid.

Stay safe.
Stay sound.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

you are in the direct path of the tornado, I hope you've taken cover! We're in the path of one too.. my husband is in the front yard wearing a military grade trench/raincoat and safety goggles... I guess he thinks that will protect us

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
from KARK facebook page:
"KARK 4 News A half-mile wide tornado has moved through Vilonia and it's possible there are numerous injuries and significant damage in Vilonia. We have crews on the way and will update the situation as news comes in."

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Guys, I just posted a new thread called Tornado Watch 2011 here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You might consider that thread to track tornadoes, as here it is pretty off topic. Just sayin, but do as you wish.

ETA: cool, forum moderators just made it a sticky in the Fragile Earth forum, so now there is a place to track and talk about them.
edit on Mon Apr 25th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Very good Idea. Watching the weather channel all day, and it was mentioned that this has been a bit of an unusual spring, when it comes to the number of tornado's (sp) Pls excuse.
edit on 25-4-2011 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

Could it be what I think they call "weather waves"?
edit on 25-4-2011 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Susan ,please let us know you are ok as soon as you can. The news reports sound really bad, and we are worried about you and the furbabies!

Arkansasmatters.com is going to have a report from Vilonia in just a few minutes.
edit on 25-4-2011 by dragonlover12 because: added line

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

I I was listening to wpr (Wisconsin Pubic Radio) and they mentioned what I thought they said was "weather waves" which you cannot measure, but it has to do with some sort of wave in the frequency of atmospheric waves that travel within a storm. ?? Help anyone?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Susan knows I'm not the praying kind. I just made an exception and prayed. Vilonia took a direct hit. They've closed the highway near where she lives. There is no way for her to write since there is no power in the area. Trees and powerlines are down everywhere.

I'm watching KARK online and it doesn't look good. They have reporters trying to get into Vilonia.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
Susan knows I'm not the praying kind. I just made an exception and prayed. Vilonia took a direct hit. They've closed the highway near where she lives. There is no way for her to write since there is no power in the area. Trees and powerlines are down everywhere.

I'm watching KARK online and it doesn't look good. They have reporters trying to get into Vilonia.

OMG... I'm with you, Robin... sending prayers/positive energy Susan's way. Along with the rest of our friends here in the areas of concern!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Im watching it also. My Prayers go out to Susan and all.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Oh Susan....I haven't been on this thread for awhile now but you are always in my thoughts. Clicked on here to catch up and saw this. Praying for you and your family, human AND dogs. Like you haven't been through enough already! Sending positive energy your way......

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
what the heck was that???

The whole house shook like heck.. for almost 30 seconds. I sounded like our neighbor's house exploded. It didn't. My husband said it was thunder. It had a totally different sound to it than thunder though. Guess it could've been random thunder.. but it didn't sound like it.
edit on 25-4-2011 by HadEnough because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 235  236  237    239  240  241 >>

join