It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 235
<< 232  233  234    236  237  238 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by UtahRosebud
We do have an ongoing thread here on ATS regarding the fracking in Arkansas and the damage it is doing.

You mean this one?
"Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one"

Kinda another fear mongering title, dontcha think?

METHANE

Early in the year there were a lot of weird animal, fish and bird deaths... mostly the media and 'experts' had no clue, though some did suspect methane releases from the earth as a cause (methane in water will rob the oxygen so fish suffocate)

In the Gulf Oil spill disaster there was one odd thing... Yes it was a man made accident, but during the leakage, there was an extraordinary release of methane along with the spill..

Methane in Gulf "astonishingly high": U.S. scientist

(Reuters) - As much as 1 million times the normal level of methane gas has been found in some regions near the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, enough to potentially deplete oxygen and create a dead zone, U.S. scientists said on Tuesday.

www.reuters.com...

Though some oil is indeed made by fossil plants and animals, I believe most of it, and especially methane, is created deep withing the earth, a theory gathering support in main stream science as they are discovering oil wells have been refilling themselves.

With all this release of methane from beneath the earth's crust, the pressure on the mantle has to change as well.

Now we saw a fish kill of Redondo Beach in California...

Redondo Beach fish die-off: Tests show oxygen levels at 'almost zero'
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

So do we have a source of Methane that coincides with this massive kill?

Well yes... a huge Mud Volcano off Redondo Beach

Methane Hydrate
In addition to naturally occurring oil and gas seeps in the Santa Barbara Channel, north of Los Angeles, methane and hydrogen sulfide gases are actively discharging at the crest of a mud volcano only 24 kilometers west-southwest of Redondo Beach, California. The mud volcano is 30m high and its top is about the size of a football field. It formed as gas-charged sediment from depth squeezed up to the sea floor, probably along an active fault at the edge of the offshore Santa Monica Basin. The top of the mud volcano is about 800m below the sea surface, and at this depth the water pressure is 80 times the atmospheric pressure at sea level. As a result, water and methane gas at this pressure "freezes" to form what is termed a methane hydrate. The hydrate ice becomes incorporated in the surrounding ocean-floor sediment. The photo of a cross-section of a sediment core (see below) reveals the rapidly disassociating chunk of hydrate (methane ice).

walrus.wr.usgs.gov...

The fish kill was March 8, 2011. Shortly after the fish kill a few miles away at the Gulf of California there were a series of quakes:

18-MAR-2011 01:44:12 25.42 -109.71 4.5 10.0 GULF OF CALIFORNIA
17-MAR-2011 10:52:42 25.32 -109.70 4.2 10.0 GULF OF CALIFORNIA
14-MAR-2011 01:43:49 25.44 -109.66 4.0 10.0 GULF OF CALIFORNIA
13-MAR-2011 16:07:34 25.29 -109.75 4.6 10.0 GULF OF CALIFORNIA
13-MAR-2011 05:54:25 25.28 -110.08 4.0 10.0 GULF OF CALIFORNIA
13-MAR-2011 02:50:11 25.44 -109.76 4.6 24.0 GULF OF CALIFORNIA
12-MAR-2011 21:58:39 25.31 -109.84 4.5 10.0 GULF OF CALIFORNIA
12-MAR-2011 20:16:58 25.42 -109.73 4.3 10.0 GULF OF CALIFORNIA
12-MAR-2011 17:54:18 25.51 -109.79 4.7 14.0 GULF OF CALIFORNIA
12-MAR-2011 17:13:01 25.48 -109.72 5.1 10.0 GULF OF CALIFORNIA
12-MAR-2011 14:11:04 25.40 -109.65 5.3 12.0 GULF OF CALIFORNIA
12-MAR-2011 13:26:02 25.35 -109.93 5.5 17.6 GULF OF CALIFORNIA
12-MAR-2011 12:03:42 25.26 -109.96 4.4 10.0 GULF OF CALIFORNIA

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
More Disasters from Mankinds Drilling for oil

Mud Volcano Was Man-Made, New Evidence Confirms
February 11, 2010

A new analysis shows that a deadly mud volcano in Indonesia may not have been a natural disaster after all. The research lends weight to the controversial theory that the volcano was caused by humans.

Villagers near Sidoarjo noticed a mud volcano beginning to erupt at 5 a.m. local time May 29, 2006. It was about 500 feet from a local gas-exploration well. Every day since then, the Lusi mud volcano has pumped out 100,000 tons of mud, or enough to fill 60 Olympic-size swimming pools. It has now covered an area of almost 3 square miles to a depth of 65 feet. Thirty thousand people have been displaced, and scientific evidence is mounting that the company drilling the well caused the volcano.

“The disaster was caused by pulling the drill string and drill bit out of the hole while the hole was unstable,” said Richard Davies, director of the Durham Energy Institute and co-author of a new paper in the journal Marine and Petroleum Geology, in a press release. “This triggered a very large ‘kick’ in the well, where there is a large influx of water and gas from surrounding rock formations that could not be controlled.”

www.wired.com...

Lake Peigneur sinkhole disaster

No description required seeing is believing

Now I hear that some scientists are considering drilling a hole into the magma bubble at Yellowstone...

Ummm BAD IDEA

So lets stop drilling holes in Mother Earth and she might stop trying to rid herself of the human vermin

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Susan, great job. If you do nothing more, you've done more than enough. More than most.

Fear Mongering?

You're damn right I did. I was afraid, and I sold my fear. My fear is for the people on the frontline. My fear was made real after I researched fracking. Then I read a study about mid-continental earthquakes. My fears became a nightmare. It was like a bad sci-fi movie, except it's real.

I've said this before, why the hell would they drill and inject in a siesmically active area?
The gas companies reasonings are absurd. And they're lying about the science.

The report was good.
Except, they never mentioned Colorado. Nor any of the other science about induced earthquakes.
It's hard to criticize when Nightline is one of the few media outlets that have paid any real attention to the matter.

Fear Mongering?
At least I was using fear to draw attention to a potential disaster in order to stop a dangerous policy.
Because most of the media waits until the disaster has occured and then perpetuates the fear. They feed on it.
They monger, which is to sell.
I share my fears for free.
I am no monger.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Thank you Robin and Happy Easter to Everyone.

Here is another link for you. UALR Public Radio. Former gas company executive Sheffield Nelson is calling on the Arkansas Oil and Gas Commission to halt all hydraulic fracturing of wells near lakes, rivers and streams after the blowout of a Chesapeake Energy well in Pennsylvania.

www.kuar.org...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yippppppeee Zorgonnnnn!!!! Nice couple of posts.

I woulda been over here sooner but I was redecorating my desktop and active bars and such. I named my latestest theme: Berry Summer.

Anyway how very interesting! I didn't realize that mud volcanoes can be man-made. I just learned something. I wonder if anyone knows how much methane is under the ground around the New Madrid, if there is any...well cuz there was that article about a natural gas test or something. I filed it somewhere. It's recent, I think I found it on this thread. Hmmm...and that house blowing up cuz of gas leaking from someone's well? It all sounds very suspicious tome.

Ohhhh and wowowow that salt mining ops went belly up. That whirlpool sure was impressive but very very
I've never seen 11 stocked barges and a fishing boat draining into a lake before. Oh man that was something. Too bad tying up that boat didn't help.

I even watched the whole vid. My attention span is getting longer every day.

It's about time,

Toni

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Hey guys! Hi.

Robin I follow your thread closely. Thank you for starting it. What you are doing here is very important and it is greatly appreciated.

Just for ribs and giggles thought I'd post the weather forecast cuz I've read that more ground water could cause problems (even though there's less fracking then before). Tis the flooding season.

www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Thank you Susan.
And a Happy Easter to you too.

Don't know about you but I'm gonna try not to put all of my eggs in one basket.

Have funnnnn!!!!!!!!

And give the Easter Bunny a hug for me.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

Toni, thats an interesting map. It concerns me that there is excessive rainfall all along the whole span of New Madrid.
Thanks so much for providing the link for your map. Have you seen our bibliography page? Thats where you will find the mud volcano articles. www.abovetopsecret.com...
Hope you have a Happy Easter, don't get lost on the bunny trail.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

Here is another map for you... this one is the first level underground water ways. You can see the San Joaquin Vally depression.

Now those areas are very prone to sink holes. for example look at the blue band across the center of Florida...

Now go to Google Earth and go here

Avon Park , Florida
+27° 35' 52.48", -81° 29' 48.78"

See this nice round lake?

The area is full of lakes according to the housing brochures
(and you thought they were selling you swamp land
)

Problem is they are not lakes, but sink holes.. On GE you can see some forming...

Hope they have insurance for being swallowed up by Mother Nature...

There is a lot of water under the continents... some places are literally floating (held up by pressure) Drill holes and pump out that pressure you will get collapse like this one

Cargill Sink Hutchinson, Kansas October 21, 1974

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Also related but years later... seems they were storing natural gas in underground salt caves. But one day they leaked out and caused explosions and vents all over town..

Explosion Rocks Downtown Hutchinson
January 17, 2001

As it became apparent natural gas was involved, contacts were made with federal and state agencies and the gas company, Kansas Gas Service. A pipeline leak was initially suspected, but company and agency reviews of the operations showed no evidence of pipeline problems. Kansas Gas was reviewing pipeline and distribution operations and also operations atthe Yaggy underground gas storage facility. Pressure anomalies were notedat storage well S-1 prompting further investigation including video logging of the well. The video logging revealed a hole in the well casing at a depth of 600 feet. This is thought to be the source of the gas causing the eruptions in Hutchinson. Kansas Gas Service took steps to reduce leakage by removing gas from the well and setting special plugs to seal the leak. All gas was removed from storage well S-1 and the storage cavern was filled with brine. The state required no more gas be placed in the Yaggy facility as a safety precaution. Kansas Gas Service brought in nearly 200 employees to search for leaks in the community. Public buildings, such as schools, were surveyed with detection equipment. Additionally special sniffer trucks cris- crossed the town and geo-probe units were used to monitor suspect areas. These surveys continue today as a precaution.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

So it seems the Oil and Gas Industry is PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE and they charge you through the nose for the privilege

edit on 23-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

Hi SunflowerStar,

You're welcome. Normally I wouldn't think twice about rain this time of year. Yet I'm more alert these days with everything else going on like an unusual amount of tornadoes, worldwide earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, sinkholes, tsunamis, ShakeOut, etc. .

The only thing I'm missing is a dinosaur in a rain forest.

Lately I get this funny urge to start rubbing sticks together and tape my shoes together and wear em upside down.

Thank you kindly for the link on mud volcanoes. I will go there.

You probably already know about this live weather map but just in case here's the link for that (it's interactive and current, I just love it)...

www.intellicast.com...

The bunny trail? No worries, I won't get lost. The bunny trails around these parts go from front yards to back yards and around trees. If I'm real careful I should make it home okay.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

LOL You got me Zorgon!!!!! I had just laid back down after a little snack and refreshed this page. When I finally got comfortable I looked up and first thing I saw was a huge sinkhole.

And I said, "Oh my god look at the size of that hole!"

True story. the thing is my laptop is very small so the hole looked gigantic on my monitor. It didn't even fit on my monitor, I had to make it fit. I was like whatever. lol!

So yeah about that. I've not ever looked at Florida from above before. Those are some sick puppies that are sellin "lakeside property" when it's a sinkhole filled with water. Oh ha ha I'm sailing I'm sailing. NOT.
Now see you got the smarts to look it up. Most people probably don't before they let go of their cash.

Crazy. Love that 1st level water map!!! Damn I'm impressed. It makes sense and it's good to know in case I need to get that included on an insurance policy. You know the insurance companies aren't gonna be tellin me about sinkhole coverage. Course I might have to go ahead and include a little extra something in my will for my executor if I moved to a sinkhole prone area. Hmmm.

And yes I believe that the oil and gas companies (and their back hoes) are frackin Mother Earth.

They need to do their pumpin somewhere else. And lay off the good stuff too. If oil and gas were suppose to be sucked out of the earth, then okay. It just isn't natural and that disturbs me.

Oh I feel so much better now, they are surveying. Hell I need a job, I wonder how much they pay to see if there's any stored gas down there? How hard could it be? Nope there's no gas here. Nope there's no gas here. Nope there's no gas here. Yep we found gas.

edit on 23-4-2011 by Antoniastar because: error error error lol

edit on 23-4-2011 by Antoniastar because: ohhhhh errorrrrr la la la la

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Magnitude 3.1
Date-Time Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 12:20:31 UTC
Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 07:20:31 AM at epicenter

Location 35.266°N, 92.380°W
Depth 5 km (3.1 miles)
Region ARKANSAS

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Good morning all,

3.1 ARKANSAS35.27°N -92.38°W 5Km Deep 2011-04-23 12:20:31 UTC2011-04-23 07:20:31 LOCAL USC0002XG0

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Robin, it felt pretty substantial here. My dogs and birds went off, and even had ripples in my above ground pool. The ground here is completely saturated.... puddles of water across most of my back yard.
Just observations from here, 5 miles south of Benton.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonlover12

Its raining raining raining here and flash flood watches out for the area's around the earthquakes and flood warnings the closer you get to the Mississippi. We may have several more quakes when all this water seeps in.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Sinkholes are us here in St. Louis. My back yard is a sinkhole that drains...somewhere. The state has declared our area a Karst Protection District-we have been to meetings where the plan is to keep the sinks clear of fecal matter from animals and humans, as well as run off from lawn chemicals and farm chemicals. Lots of rules, but the locals already know how to protect our water tables.

Big storms and tornadoes last night-jumped over our area. Our ears ached from the drop in pressure.

Ground saturated all along the Mississippi and Missouri rivers.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by katfish

Glad to hear you're okay! I thought of you as soon as I saw the news this morning. How far are you from the airport? I've only watched a few minutes so far, but it loooks awful. Didn't hear them say how big it was yet.
They said more bad weather Monday & Tuesday! I sure hope this isn't a preview of the rest of spring and summer!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Been watching CNN this morning and they keep talking about how this area is going to be receiving 10 inches or so of rain in the next few days. Good lord!!! Everyone stay safe!!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Happy Easter everyone. Well they are getting Less but more offten now stronger.
This thread has been going on for almost 3 months, and then someone comes on about the title, the samething just happened to me on my last thead, and the title was appropriate, "Invasion"= entities to enter into a previous occupied space. EX. Invasion of tourists. Zorgon even has his fan club following him. What he did show in that video was amazing, just shows how terrorifing this drilling can be. That video was a lot more terrorifing than the title of this thread.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Magnitude 2.7
Date-Time Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 19:32:41 UTC
Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 02:32:41 PM at epicenter

Location 35.238°N, 92.374°W
Depth 7 km (4.3 miles)
Region ARKANSAS
Distances 2 km (1 miles) NE (54°) from Greenbrier, AR

earthquake.usgs.gov...

new topics

top topics