It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 234
<< 231  232  233    235  236  237 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I don't have cable tv. And ABC won't let you watch online unless you're in the States.
So if someone knows another way to view, let me know.
Looks like I'm going to miss it unless someone posts it on You Tube or another video uploader.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Just a note to check in with you folks. Been working and doing family chores in a neighboring city. I check daily but may not always post. The seismos all seem quiet today hope it stays that way.

Here's the link to our resources page for this thread, just in case we get some foot traffic. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Everyone have a blessed Good Friday. Let's hope it's stays quiet, but will check again tomorrow night.

Ciao for now.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

abcnews.go.com...

They quoted me on the website plugging it. I have the DVR set to record it will stick a DVD and tape it too.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

OMG I just saw Susan on TV!!! How cool - They did say 50% reduction in earthquakes since moratorium. So there"might" be a connection.

Susan - can I have your autograph?

I didn't even know it was on - just caught the end as I was flipping.
edit on 21-4-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

LOL Thank you. I can't believe they used me so much in it. But at least the truth is getting out there. Yes it is a major change here since they stopped the injection wells. It took it a few days to die down though to where it is now, we are still getting some but it has made a difference.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Good job, Susan! It's so neat to be able to put a face with your posts! Finally national awareness for Arkansas! All your hard work is finally paying off! I hope millions of people saw it!!! I hope the people that need to see it, did.
Maybe they will show clips of it tomorrow on other news shows.

I was surprised that they mentioned the leak here in PA. Robin's post was the first I'd heard of it. There was nothing on the news here. It was a little over an hour north of there. Last year there was another accident about an hour south of here. We're probably next.

Take a bow for getting the ball rolling! Who knows, maybe you'll be contacted by more news companies.
Maybe someone who knows how, could post a link for ATS on Nightline's website.

Hey,do you see a faint light at the end of that tunnel? I think it's getting brighter!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

Thank you, I was a little nervous but I do think it came out well and I hope the audience was large enough to gain attention to those who don't believe the damage it has caused and mine is minor compared to other people's. They have the links to this thread already and the bibliography. I have given it to them as well as to Josh Fox. I have sent tons of links to them.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Wow, good job Susan! Way to go!!!
We are proud!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The Nightline segment just aired here in Utah. BRAVO, Susan... BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You did a phenomenal job explaining everything and getting your observations stated!!! Dammit woman, I'm proud of you!!!!!!!!!

Here is the link to the Nightline website. Based on what I'm seeing there, it looks like the segment should be fully linked by tomorrow (Friday).

ABC - Nightline

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Great Job Susan!!
very proud of ya

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
You did very well Susan, Great Job.

You along with Nighline have now brought national attention to Arkansas.

You did a much better job than the spokesman from the Oil Company, he seemed a little nervous and not to sure of what he was saying. You were solid as a rock.

They now have a write up of the video for those who can't run the video.
Its on the link UltraRoseBud put up.

And Here

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Came up as a double post, don;t need two.
edit on 22-4-2011 by herenow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
First of all....Susan, outstanding job!

Second...Id really like to punch Danny Games square in the face!...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Awesome job,Susan!

I`m so glad they showed the damage at your house. Pictures don`t lie. Kinda irritated me though when Scott A. said the possible 5.7 could cause damage .... I think we all know it doesn`t take a 5.7 to do damage. We live it.

Thanks for doing this,Susan. Many people wouldn`t be willing to get so involved. You are a Hero in my book!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Excellent job Susan!!!!

For those that can not watch on the ABCNews website, I found that they have uploaded it to their YouTube channel.
Posted below.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thank you for putting this up, OneisOne. I was not able to catch it last evening.

Susan, you came across as confident, sure of yourself and your beliefs and just did a great job. If you were nervous it certainly did not show. Thank you to everyone who are standing up and speaking out on this. You all are saving lives I believe, and I appreciate your efforts more than you know.

Cheers,
MMIMO

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

congratulations and thank you for getting/staying involved! I am posting the youtube link to my facebook and emailing everyone I know about this.

I am making it my personal responsibility to keep this topic going in St. Louis.

edit on 4/22/2011 by katfish because: (no reason given)

By the way, next Thursday will be the big earthquake drill in St. Louis-heard it on the news yesterday.
edit on 4/22/2011 by katfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hey, Danny Games. If you believe there is a lot of natural seismicity in that area, why mess with it? DUH!!!

Isn't that kind of like poking a sleeping tiger with a sharp stick???!!! In the eye. On a really hot day. When it hasn't eaten for days!!! (Anyway, you get my drift!)

I've said it before, I'll say it again...There is an epidemic of lack of common sense in this country!!! I know money trumps common sense. But even the average Joe on the street has been dumbed down! Most of them are clueless!

I think the corporate fat cats should have to live where their business interests are: Bopal, Fukushima, Love Canal, Deer Park, the Gulf area, etc. Pretty sure things would be done a little differently! (I can dream can't I!)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the YouTube link ... Im outside the US so could not view via the website.
Great Job Susan. I think it put the residents point across very well and the Frackers ... well not so good.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
OMG I just saw Susan on TV!!! How cool - They did say 50% reduction in earthquakes since moratorium. So there"might" be a connection.

OMG there might be

From this thread...
Are Arkansas' Natural Gas Injection Wells Causing Earthquakes?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
The people say they feel like they are living on a roller coaster. Could their assumptions be correct?

Well all you have to do is look at USGS history for the region. If there has never been a series like this before the fracking... and they are drastically tapering off when they stopped...

Seem like their assumptions may be correct. Pumping things into and out of the ground has consequences

Long Beach Ca. sank 26 feet from pumping oil out until they pumped sea water back in...

In the late 1930s, oil was discovered under Long Beach harbor. Its production helped Long Beach recover from the Depression and provided revenue to support expansion and modernization of the harbor as well as enriching individuals who owned land in the area. As a result when land near the oil field began to sink, those who were profiting from pumping the oil out from under the land resisted any suggestion that there could be a link between oil production and subsidence. They hired experts to defend their position. As the subsidence continued, those whose property was damaged by the sinking, but who were not benefiting from the oil production, hired experts to determine what was really causing the sinking.

While the controversy continued, the land kept sinking. It sunk like a big bowl and the bottom of the bowl was more than 25 feet below its previous elevation. Some warned that if the sinking continued, the ocean might inundate the city. The Navy Shipyard was near the bottom of the bowl and the Navy didn't own the mineral rights of the Shipyard so they were suffering damage but receiving no benefit so in 1958 the Navy sued all of the oil operators. Although the suit was never litigated or settled, it helped to convince many people that a proposed solution, pumping water into the fault blocks where the oil had been taken out, should be implemented. And that solution stopped the sinking.

salticid.nmc.csulb.edu...

San Joaquin Valley, California sank 30 feet from pumping out water from under the ground... the WHOLE VALLEY

Subsidence due to compaction of fine-grained sediments began in the San Joaquin Valley in the 1920's and in the Sacramento Valley in the 1950's. The area most affected has been in the southern and western parts of the San Joaquin Valley (fig. 93). Approximately one-half of the valley, or about 5,200 square miles, had subsided at least 1 foot by 1977; the total volume of subsidence was greater than 17 million acre-feet. The land surface declined nearly 30 feet from the 1920's to the late 1970's in an area southwest of Mendota (fig. 94). Importation of surface water and reduction in ground-water withdrawals during the 1970's slowed or stopped the decline of ground-water levels. In many cases, this allowed recovery to pre-1960's water levels and prevented further land subsidence.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 231  232  233    235  236  237 >>

join