It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 233
<< 230  231  232    234  235  236 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It's definitely odd that three of us heard the "thunder" like noises today. I've also had many headaches and it has felt like sinus issues...all getting worse within the last year or so.

If the dogs are acting weird maybe something is about to go down. I guess we'll see. Susan, does it smell like gas or more like sulfur? There has been so much gas leaking lately...not good.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

I'm scratching my head and can't figure it out. I didn't pay that much attention to it at first because I just figured it was a large quake in Japan or nearby. Because I noticed the signal on the Yellowstone graphs as well. But I've looked and there's no listed quake to account for the signal. Nothing in North America, or worldwide. So that one is a mystery. Unless there is some delay in recording the quake and it will show up soon.

It had to have come from out west somewhere -- the signal shows up earlier at these locations in AZ & NM:
www.ees.nmt.edu...
www.ees.nmt.edu...

Pinyon Flats, CA: www.prsn.uprm.edu...
edit on 20-4-2011 by KathyG427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

I believe it to be a quake that occurred in the Mexico/Cali/Central America region that I am still waiting for the USGS to report on.

Yep, it was a 4.8 in Gulf of Cali:
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Man, it took forever for the USGS to report on that.

edit on Wed Apr 20th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tmar11

From everything I'm seeing I'm thinking we are gonna have a bad spring in AR as far as storms go. Up in the hills we had to be aware of floods and such. Flooding is what made the Ozarks appear the way they do. The kingfishers are making nest way up high off the Buffalo. The old timers say this means to expect flooding

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by derek_m24

That makes complete sense. Even on the USGS website they say this is going to be a year of flooding. The next 8 days are 40-70% chances of thunderstorms in my area...let's hope it isn't too bad.

Side-note: I love the Buffalo River. It is so beautiful and calm up there...I'm planning on taking a float trip in early June. I would have liked mid-May but that didn't work out.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Don't know if this could be the source of disturbance, but there was an explosion at a steel mill in Pueblo, CO
www.krdo.com...

edit: No, this can't be it as it happened shortly after 2pm (3pmCST)
edit on 20-4-2011 by KathyG427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Just a thought:

These storms in AR today a perfect examples of cyclic single cell t-storms. Eventually one would expect the whole air mast to become saturated and become a large rain event as we are seeing. The sun is the power behind these storms. So if one subscribes to the theory that water is cause of the quakes that means the sun is indirectly responsible for these quakes.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tmar11

I grew up just a few miles from the Buffalo. Actually down in a holler on a creek that runs into the Buffalo. There are no damns on any tributary of the River so one has to be aware of flash floods. Use to love setting up on this one bluff and watch the water come down when it flooded. The water would rush in like a tidal wave...I've seen whole trees with roots still attached floating in the river when it flooded.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by derek_m24

And why all the people were killed on the campground last year. I bet it was neat to watch it but would be horrible to be caught in it.

I don't know what the funny smell was earlier, still haven't figured that one out and probably never will. How are the dogs behaving now. Mine have been pretty quiet all day, nothing unusual, same with the cat.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

I worked for a county on the Buffalo in a emergency response field. We had an extensive network setup to warn of flash floods and it is very effective. We always did a pretty good job of warning the public before the flood arrived. But sadly not everyone listens or just didn't get the news and lives are lost or endangered. Nature is powerful and must be respected.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Me thinks this is the quake that caused the 18:30ish UTC signal.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

She is still freaked out...its because of the thunder. She once broke a window to get inside because of a thunderstorm...I've never seen a dog so scared of thunder. She goes squirrel hunting with me and gunshots don't scare her at all.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Is anyone watching GEE. We have some pretty good roller coaster rides going on here for free! LOL!!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Japan just had another 6.0 that is showing up on the arkansas stations.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

We just had about 30 seconds of a deep rumble too vibrating.

edit on 20-4-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Japan just had another 6.0 that is showing up on the arkansas stations

I was wondering if this one might produce
a Tsunami warning - haven't heard anything yet.
Did you feel anything during this quake, a
rumble or anything?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Yes it was after I made the post and did an edit on it. It vibrated us, very low deep rumble. There are more storms coming into the area too, but the rumble was not thunder related.

I haven't seen a tsunami warning either and was checking too.
edit on 20-4-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Interesting that you felt it.
I think its been too long now
since the quake to get a
tsunami - some good news.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Arkansas is part of the front-line. So is Pennsylvania. Yesterday, a natural gas well blowout causes contamination of a stream in Penn.

www.tulsaworld.com...

Guess who?
Chesapeake Energy.
More links...

www.nytimes.com...

Mother frackers.

Wait that's not all you get. With fracking you have to dispose of the wastewater. In Pennsylvania, they were sending fracking water to water treatment plants. Someone has finally figured this isn't a good idea.

articles.philly.com...

Mother frackers.

Mother fracking mother frackers.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hey everyone! Josh Fox of Gasland posted on his Facebook status that he will be on ABC's Nightline tonight!!! Discussing earthquake swarms in Arkansas, and their connection to injection wells. He says (11:35PM EST).

Lets all tune in and pass the info on!

edit on 21-4-2011 by UtahRosebud because: Added the time

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Yes. Ely Brown called me earlier and told me the Arkansas interviews are running tonight and they are going to use one of my video's, I don't know which one. I'm a little nervous.

I ran to Louisiana today and took Easter Baskets to my grand kids and noticed something strange on the way down south of Pine Bluff closer to Star City on just past it on Hwy 425. I didn't take my camera with me should have. Everything except for where the tree cutters have been cutting away limbs from the power lines or they have sprayed to get the underbrush on the roadsides in the ditches is green except for one spot on the left hand side of the road. There was very young stand of Pine trees (maybe 6 to 10 feet tall) that are brown and deader than a doornail for a couple of hundred yards or so on the east side of the hwy. It looked like it went pretty far back off the road. They may have sprayed them as they are going to eventually widen that Hwy into 4 lanes, but it was very noticeable that this one patch was dead with healthy trees on both side of it and across the road from it. I know they put a new seismic station in down there and wondering why after seeing that. I will be going that way in a couple of weeks and will take my camera and try to get a photo.

new topics

top topics

<< 230  231  232    234  235  236 >>

join