It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 232
<< 229  230  231    233  234  235 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The Arkansas quakes have seem to be starting back up again......

3.3 ARKANSAS35.26°N -92.36°W 3Km Deep 2011-04-19 10:33:09 UTC2011-04-19 04:33:09 LOCAL NM041911A

2.1 ARKANSAS35.25°N -92.37°W 5Km Deep 2011-04-20 14:49:02 UTC2011-04-20 08:49:02 LOCAL NM042011F

in the last 24hrs.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Odd rumblings here, sounds similar to thunder but the closest storm is an hour and a half away, and it's not even really a "storm".

Anybody feeling anything today?
edit on 20-4-2011 by tmar11 because: changed butt he, to but the.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tmar11

USGS only shows 1 so far for today and it's a 2.1. We had 3 yesterday that they reported Yes did have a little rumble earlier, the plumb bob is showing a little movement again. Don't have time to do a video right now on. Will try to later.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
WOW has anyone seen this?

______beforeitsnews/story/574/590/657_New_Islands_Discovered_Worldwide.html

www.ouramazingplanet.com...
edit on 20-4-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Wow. That's all I can say. Susan, how's the wind affecting things at your house? It's been so windy here lately that I haven't been able to tell if the wind is making the house sway, or if it's the earthquakes. Another thing, for the past hour and a half I keep hearing thunder-like rumbles, but according to the radar small storms are just now getting close to use. Are you hearing anything there?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I live in central Arkansas. It's been quite windy over the past week, mainly at night.

Plenty of rumblings that I attribute to thunder. Didn't notice anything that would make me think they were something else.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

thanks for the info. I live in Greenbrier, on top of a big hill/ridge/plateau thingy lol. My dogs have taken cover under the kitchen table, quite unusual for them.. I have no clue as to whether or not that means anything significant, but just thought I would pass on the info for other locals.

EDIT: I might add that they all weigh between 50-70 lbs and it's a 3' long table.. so it's quite the squeeze for them when you consider there are 4 chairs around the table.
edit on 20-4-2011 by HadEnough because: (no reason given)

EDIT 2: They have now moved their food and water dishes under the table...
edit on 20-4-2011 by HadEnough because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HadEnough

I live in western AR and have been thunder-like rumbles ALL MORNING. There were no storms until the last hour that were near me. Now it is thundering because there IS a storm nearby, but they sound different than the rumbles I heard earlier.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HadEnough

Hey we need a picture of that!
Sounds adorable.
Got to love dogs.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tmar11

exactly how I would describe it. Thunder-like but not quite normal thunder sounds until the last 30 minutes or so when the storms got close. I'm halfway considering getting under the table with my dogs.. LOL.. too bad I'd have to kick one of them out from under it.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
What's the odd signal showing up on all the AG helicorders at 1:32pm (18:32UTC)?
folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
We are getting some thunderheads rolling in now, we were not earlier today but they are moving in. and most of the state is under a thunderstorm watch with some warnings now. At least no tornado warnings out yet. We did have some sprinkles here a little bit ago and it's really very still outside.The wind has been strong here too this past week off and on. Lots of pressure in my head, ears ringing and ears hurting and headache, a little seasick feeling as well the past little bit.

The signals you are talking about on the station's look similar to the ones a few weeks back to me but they were more constant then with more of them.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

Probably this quake since I don't see the P-Wave

6.6 Quake

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Another small victory the companies extend well shutdown.

www.arkansasonline.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by derek_m24

That quake was 2 days ago.
edit on 20-4-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

These are high base supercells that we are having this evening here in Central AR. The updraft eventually accumulates enough moisture that winds aloft can't keep the moisture from falling thus rain falls down thru the updraft cooling the air and the cycle starts over. One would expect to hear thunder quite sometime before rain begins to fall in certain situations. Main threat is hail and lightening with these kind of storms.

I too could hear the rumbling this morning before any storms begin to appear. It did not sound like thunder to myself and I have experienced many t-storms in my life so far. I would liken the beat to a woodpecker...only at much lower frequency. Sounded like the sound was coming from the SW

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Ahhh! Getting ahead of myself. It definitely looks like a quake on the other side of the world

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by KathyG427
What's the odd signal showing up on all the AG helicorders at 1:32pm (18:32UTC)?
folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

I'm scratching my head and can't figure it out. I didn't pay that much attention to it at first because I just figured it was a large quake in Japan or nearby. Because I noticed the signal on the Yellowstone graphs as well.

But I've looked and there's no listed quake to account for the signal. Nothing in North America, or worldwide.
So that one is a mystery. Unless there is some delay in recording the quake and it will show up soon.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by derek_m24

Are you feeling pressure changes? I am big time and trying to figure out if it's the storms coming in or something else. I am also getting a hint of the stink you get from a pilot lite being on and we are all electric no gas here, I can almost taste it at times and trying starting to think that is what is making me feel seasick today. Going outside to investigate a little.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I've had weird pressure changes in my ears for the past year....attributed it to sinus problems but who knows.

My Akita is very sensitive to whats going on...she has been terrified all evening. Its probably because of the storms. She knows when the bigger quakes are coming. Before the 4.7 she tried to drag my wife downstairs

new topics

top topics

<< 229  230  231    233  234  235 >>

join