It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 231
<< 228  229  230    232  233  234 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

.3.3 This morning. Woke us up.

Significant start to the day Susan,
keep us posted and stay safe.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Did ya'll see this yet? I just got caught up on everything. Last week I made the mistake of letting a stray dog in while I was busy on the computer. The next thing I know, it had chewed my computer charger cord in half, so I had to order a new one. Grrrrrr. Anyways, this article almost made me laugh.. because after following this thread for so long, all I could say was "Duhhhh." lol

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Tornado watch for my area. Be safe Susan. (& everyone else nearby)!
edit on 19-4-2011 by tmar11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tmar11

Winds incredibly strong today (Memphis TN)

Earlier I was reading about new reports on more dead fish and birds in mass numbers, just like right before last month's megaquake....around the California shorelines....

Wuz goin on??

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by katfish

The Ozarks aren't mountains. Its a plateau thats deeply dissected...the St Francios Mtns aren't a mountain range. They are an ecoregion just like the Boston Mtns (where I grew up) of the Ozarks.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Tornado watch for my area. Be safe Susan. (& everyone else nearby)!

I'm a storm spotter...looks like I'm gonna busy this evening

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I started a topic on the soil liqiluofication they found on Japan. I don't know how to link to it from mobile.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by derek_m24

Well, I don't argue your point BUT I have many maps with "Ozark Mountains" etc clearly marked on them. Government publications clearly call these geological uprights "mountains"

I will remind myself I am not walking up a mountain next time I am trying to scale Taum Sauk. : )

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by katfish

Geologically, the area is a broad dome around the Saint Francois Mountains.

Link

I stand corrected! Taum Sauk the highest mountain in the St Francois is actually an "extinct volcano" turns out.

We call them mountains back home but in reality they really aren't. I know what you mean...hiking up down the hollers back home it sure feels like mountains

Camp Taum Sauk is beautiful and hope some day that I can make it back. Almost as pretty as the Buffalo River back home

edit on 19-4-2011 by derek_m24 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2011 by derek_m24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
off-topic, but...
Large tornado discovered by radar on the ground near Polk Co. Rd. 127, Polk Co Road 94, Bird and Valley Hill Lane. If you know someone in those areas tell them to take cover now!

If you are in Polk Co. esp in Mena, West Valley and Mt. Fork TAKE COVER NOW! Get in your tornado shelters immediately.

from KARK news
edit on 19-4-2011 by KathyG427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

Impressive looking storm on radar. I'm about to head out and do some storm spotting. We need an Arkansas disaster forum! Stay safe fellow Arkansans

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

Central AR Storm 04-19-2011

Heres a crappy video I took of the gust front as it came thru Little Rock. The storms took on a more linear form so I decided to wait it out at home

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Susan, is everything ok up there. We had a bad storm and tornado go over, I think it came down in Pine Bluff. I posted your plumline compass on the Compass Going Crazy thread. Send me your compass reading tomorrow. You have a storm right over you, I am saying a pray for you all up there. Those two 3 mags It is like they slowed down, but got stronger. All that poison water they pumper into the ground is not going to go away anytime soon. I know you have noticed the quakes now in New Madrid area. They are small and hope they stay that way. My compass has gone back to half way between N, and NE.

Hi Daisy, You girls are so brave.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
We lost power for a couple of hours and the backup generator won't crank. Have to have them come out tomorrow, I think the starter on it may be out. Got this link in an email. Puterman, Robin, TrueAmerican, you all need to take a good look at this link on youtube and anyone else that may have an idea here. We are a ticking timebomb I am convinced of that. You will see why when you look at this link

www.youtube.com...

Everyone please stay safe lots of tornado's some are rain wrapped, hail, rain, lightening everywhere. Listen for sirens and take cover. Benton is getting hit hard again right now.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

They say one of the tell tale signs of volcanic activity is gas emissions, right? Yeah, but wrong kind of gas? Not necessarily...Natural gas is largely methane, which is associated with both mud volcanoes and lava volcanoes. And until someone can get an analysis of whatever that is coming from those pipes, it's hard to be sure.

"The gas companies aren't telling us anything."

So you have quakes, gas emissions, rumbling, and even frequent ground movement. We have evidence of all these things now. See any mud volcanoes around by chance?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Kdog1982 from the Quake thread posted this link

Earthquake prediction

Way too interesting!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I sure hope I don't see any mud volcano's. But all the signs are there. We are suppose to get more rain all this coming week too, which is not going to help at all. I have a gut feeling the earthquake activity will increase regardless of what the gas companies are doing and we are about to be swaying again.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
White Oak Lake is noisy tonight.... folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
We are divorced from nature. Yet, we'll never escape it.
The machine has been feeding on me all along. I resist.
I resist, as did every extincted species just before the math failed.
I will not feed the machine, not least while I'm breathing.

The machine is devouring Arkansas.
It eats while society agrees to disagree.
The debate muddied by shades of gray and shadow.
The delay in justice just allows the thieves to flee before the dawn.
What's right and wrong anymore? It's just politics. A division of the mind.
It's a mechanism. Just another machine.

Nature is reacting. That's what it does. It evolves and changes to
balance out the differing forces. The earth corrects itself in the end.
No spirtual babble. Just facts. Just the obvious observation.

In the end the earth will sort itself out and the machine will have been checked.
It's not the earth or the machine I'm really worried about.
It's the workers, the builders, the maintence men. It's all of us.
We made the machine and now it's gotten away from us.

So call Denzel Washington and that young hunky, troubled dude, and ask them to chase down the unstoppable train. Ask them to save us from the derailment.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
ca.news.yahoo.com...

BP was in the running for a safety award.
BP's safety record over the last decade has been horrific.

One year ago, 11 workers died on an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico.

But do not forget the 15 killed when BP's oil refinery exploded in 2005.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 20-4-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 228  229  230    232  233  234 >>

join