It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 227
<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tmar11

I didn't think it was at first, but I lost it when I refreshed it! In all the years I've been using it, I never had that happen. I only checked it because my husband called from work and said he isn't feeling well. I hope something big isn't going on. I have been having a twinge in my chest all afternoon, but we have a family member in ICU that isn't doing well. So hard to tell what all might be doing it!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by katfish
reply to post by Tecumte

If anyone has suggestions on how I can get a hold of geological maps of the area, I would appreciate it. I am looking for maps indicating underlying geology from Oklahoma to Iowa.

Here is a link to a state wide map. The file size is rather large: 54mb, pdf format

Arkansas Geologic Map

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Hey everyone!

Off topic here, so forgive me please.

I just found out that a friend of mine has a missing uncle, in Arkansas. I thought it couldn't hurt to share the information here, especially since we have so many folks in here that are from Arkansas, or close.

So if you wouldn't mind, go to this page and take a look at the pictures. Maybe pass the information out to your other friends/family in and around Arkansas. It would be wonderful if someone has seen him and can eliminate the worries & concerns of the family.

Thank you!

Missing: Robert Wayne Cox - 57

Here is one more link if the one above does not work, as it's Facebook and I don't know if having a Facebook account is required.

Press Release - Missing Man....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hope you folks are aware of the serious storms happening in the Mississippi Valley tonight. Baseball size hail, winds in excess of 70 mph. Looks dangerous there. Everyone keep an eye out. Be Safe!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
www.geology.ar.gov...

Look at Wooly Hollow or any of these seismos, around the 1600 mark. Did something happen that hadn't been occurring all day?

Doesn't look big but bet our sensitives felt that.
edit on 14-4-2011 by SunflowerStar because: added a line

However folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu... shows nothing unusual.
edit on 14-4-2011 by SunflowerStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

More than likely its the 5.9 in Central America earlier today. You can see P-wave and the following S- Waves

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by derek_m24

OK, hadn't caught up on the Central Americas quake, thanks for the infos.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Possible tornado in Oklahoma right now, tornado warnings/watches all over the state and SOFTBALL size hail...bigger than thought. Not good!!!! It's about to be here, I live about 10 miles east of the OK state line.

*edit* as of 10 minutes ago, there were currently 5 tornadoes on the ground in Kansas & Oklahoma combined. Not sure if there were any before that. Very strong storm.
edit on 14-4-2011 by tmar11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tmar11

A little off topic. A friend from north of the Tulsa area called earlier and they have tornado warnings around them and one south of Tulsa. Dutchsince said to watch for severe storms in 24 to 48 hours on his youtube video yesterday. I have not been a real big follower of his, but have watched some of his video's and I have to say that they do seem pretty accurate. It makes me think about the conspiracy theories again and if this is all planned out or they are doing this in relation to the nuclear disaster in Japan or wanting to get people out of Arkansas by scaring them to death with earthquakes and storms.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

It showed up on some other stations too. I wasn't home today and very busy once I got back here, so I don't know what has happened much anywhere.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Not trying to say the video wasn't a real prediction, but did he MAKE the video 24-48 hours ago? If you get on TWC you can see storms and their predictions 3-5 days in advance. That's what I do.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tmar11

Yeah he is basing it on haarp though.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Thanks for the info on the storms. I hope
all in Oklahoma will be safe. I think the
same weather pattern will be in my area
tomorrow night.

I hope the constant quakes have stopped
for a while, I can't imagine what its like
to have this concern every day.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Two doors in our house are "jittering" when you swing them open. This is new from last night. We did not get any storms, so the ground must have shifted enough to mess up the hinges.

Searching for info.

Also, yahoonews has had stories 2 days in a row about the Supervolcano under Yellowstone.

Finally, road crews around St Louis and in S Illinois are working rather feverishly on roads, overpasses, and the sides of roads. In all my years I have not seen this much activity all at once, and they keep it up during storms!

I believe Japan's troubles have shaken up the powers that be around here.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
There is still some strange things going on here. Found this on one of the Nevada threads, but check out this map and the geothermal areas on it.

budget.state.nv.us...

I clicked on the above link and it didn't go thur so here it is again.
budget.state.nv.us...
edit on 15-4-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Susan, did you feel anything just about a minute ago? My couch shook two times within 30 seconds of each other. I thought I imagined the first one because my mother didn't feel it. But then I felt it again?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Nothing on USGS. I am pretty sure there's a station near Poteau, OK (probably 30 or so miles away) but I think it's the closest one. Is there any possible way there was a tiny earthquake here and it just wasn't picked up by any station? I *know* that I felt something. It wasn't a plane, thunder, or anything like that either. I'm pretty confused right now.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tmar11

I have felt a few little bumps, but have heard some weird noises today mainly, don't really know how to describe them accurately. The wind is really strong too and thought I was hearing things from that. A lot of stations have shown activity off and on all day and I wonder about that, when I have checked on them and then I changed my mind and attributed them to the swarm in Ne/Ca area. I don't know know what is going on. The plumb bob has been pretty still for a few days but I have seen slight movement today at times but it's not constant. I have a feeling that something is going on, ears are ringing loudly again and headache, animals a little antsy and the deer did something strange today than what they usually do. They will come up in the yard in the morning and eat corn and then go back into the woods and bed up till afternoon. Today they have bedded up in a small patch of cane out of the woods on the other side of our property but when they came across the yard they were in a hurry to get there. Could be that someone/thing was in the woods I haven't seen anything else or anyone but they usually bed up near the pond in the woods till afternoon.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tmar11

I'm loading Gee back up now to look around. You know you can check stations thru these links.

www.ceri.memphis.edu...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Thanks! I did have GEE on my computer but I took it off. Didn't really like it. I will take a look at that. I felt it approx. 2:10 pm. I put in a report with USGS and explained everything to them. Maybe I'll hear something back? I have a horrible headache today too.

new topics

top topics

<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join