It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 216
<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HadEnough

I wouldn't think you could rule it out completely. There are lots of things can bring seizures on and that doesn't mean epilepsy or that you have epi. I know in dogs a food allergy, reactions to shots, a reaction to a insecticide such as frontline flea treatment or an internal pill have caused dogs and cats to seize and it's documented all over the internet. It may just affect you in that way and you are extremely sensitive and that is how your body reacts to the stress or environment and the chemicals you are being exposed to. I know that when I drive by the Arkansas Reclamation Company the are constantly spraying things into the air, the fountain pump is non-stop, and the ponds are lined with a black liner and you instantly get a piercing headache just driving by it and it coming thru in the air system in car. Happens to me every time I go to Beebe and my favorite grocery store is there. That recycling plant is only 8 miles from my house and I wonder how much of it comes my direction all the time.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Thank You for the pics Susan. I was looking at them and something caught my eye that bothered me(other than the horses behind the gate with a sign clearly stating hazard). The A.R.C. sign that states that you are videoed and audioed on the proporty but you can not take video or pics yourself. Seems a lot of companies including police are doing this. I thought we and the media were responsible for keeping police,government , and companies in line. How can we continue our responsibility in this? Anyway thanks again for the pics I'll get started probably tomorrow eve as it is my daughters 3rd birthday tomorrow. I will post them here for all to see.

Anyone who wants to add pics or saying just send them on.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Susan, just take this video with you the next time you go to Little Rock. I am just south of there, if you need any help let me know. But this video scares the you know what out of me. If the New Madrid or Arkansas has a huge quake can you imagine if all that gas comes up and catches on fire. Look at this. A huge gas hole on fire.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Look at that mine in PA that is still burning too. Been and will be burning for years to come.

www.pahighways.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
[m
edit on 7-4-2011 by dragonlover12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2011 by dragonlover12 because: hit key by accident.... sorry

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
To TA... FYI, most of them are not able to get earthquake insurance. The insurance companies have moratoriums on it and have had it that way for quite a while.

What does that tell you?!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I have followed this issue for months now. A few weeks ago I was inspired to write a song. I’m now thinking of doing a Youtube clip of the song that might serve to enhance public awareness of the problems of fracking. The lyrics of the chorus are …

If they ain’t got one
There ought to be a law
Cause they’re fracking
In the hills of Arkansas
Lots of shaking and a rumbling
And I think I heard a groan
Better start a praying
Cause there’s fracking going on

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
New japan quake (7.4) and Mexico quake (6.5 or 6.7)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

To TA... FYI, most of them are not able to get earthquake insurance. The insurance companies have moratoriums on it and have had it that way for quite a while. What does that tell you?!

I don't know about the entire state, but I know for a fact that you can get earthquake insurance in Faulkner county (where current swarms are located).

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

Here is a link about earthquake insurance. Read it closely and between the lines.

ww1.prweb.com...

www.insure.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 7-4-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Here is a link about earthquake insurance. Read it closely and between the lines. ww1.prweb.com...

Read (??).
Again...If you want to buy earthquake insurance in Faulkner County, you can most certainly get it. If your current insurer doesn't offer it, try another.

Earthquake insurance Some insurance agents in the county are reporting an increase in calls about earthquake insurance. Dawn Brown of State Farm Insurance in Conway said their office had received three calls on Wednesday. “That doesn’t seem like too many but it is unusual,” Brown said. Not all agencies offer the insurance, she said. At State Farm, the insurance is added as an endorsement on a homeowner’s current policy. “It’s not that expensive,” she said, with the cost related to a homeowner’s deductible, price of their home and the rating of the zone where their home is located. The cost for homeowners in the Faulkner County zone from State Farm could range from $38 a year to as much as $109 a year, Brown said.
thecabin.net...

Stephenson says this is the first earthquake rate change for State Farm in 15 years. We called other insurance companies and found out that for the most part they don't even sell the quake insurance directly, homeowners have to purchase it from a 3rd party. Only Nationwide sells their own quake insurance. Did the recent quakes bring on this rate increase? We asked Stephenson, He replied. "The recent events have been very minor to that has not been a significant factor. " Stephenson says like any kind of insurance you need to shop around, ask questions and be sure of what you are getting and what is covered before you write the check.
www.kait8.com...

Insurance agents in Faulkner County say more and more people are signing up for earthquake insurance after a swarm of quakes in the past two weeks near Guy and Greenbriar. But earthquake insurance doesn't work the same as most types of insurance.

Coy Roberts with Farm Bureau Insurance in Conway says that's because most quake policies have a deductible that's 5 or 10 percent of the value of your home. So if you have a $100,000 home your deductible could be $10,000. But Roberts says in cases of major damage it does pay off. Roberts said, "Insurance is designed for catastrophe-type stuff. And if we did have a major earthquake that 10 percent would be small price if your home was totally destroyed." The average annual cost is only about $250 but it can change depending on your home. And Coy says of the 200 people who called about quake insurance after the 4.0 earthquake 100 got it.
www.fox16.com...
edit on 7-4-2011 by KathyG427 because: (no reason given)

FAULKNER COUNTY, Ark. (KTHV) -- All the quakes in the past few months have residents worried about their homes and property. That's why insurance agents have seen a spike in inquiries about earthquake insurance. Christopher Rister is a Farmers insurance agent in Greenbrier where late Sunday night they had a 4.7 magnitude earthquake. It has caused homeowners to call in droves. "I think we've talked to 50 or 60 people about earthquake insurance just today," Rister said. He says that's highly unusual. "I've been in this office for 2 and a half years and I never sold a earthquake policy until September of this last year." Since then, he's gotten many inquires about the insurance. He says the price of the policy, depends on how much your house is worth.
www.todaysthv.com...
edit on 7-4-2011 by KathyG427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Thank you to everyone for keeping this thread goingThank you, too, to those who are posting the physical symptoms they are experiencing.

At about 4:30 PM yesterday I got extremely dizzy (as if the world turned upside down) while quietly sitting in my parked car. It scared the daylights out of me. I was wondering if things were starting up again.

A few times in the evening, I would get a very sudden sense that the room was whirling. Then it would quickly stop.

Not fun.

Sidebar info: my dad's relatives lived in Whiting, Indiana-the heart of the refinery area. Their houses, their water, their baked goods sometimes smelled like gas. Why didn't their homes explode? Everyone knew there were refinery "leakages" into the land.

I continue to be appalled that no geologist simply LOOKED at the land before all the fracking started. An observant child would notice how porous the ground is. The first time I went into the Ozarks I marvelled at the diversity of the ground-caves, sinks, many many types of minerals, calcite, quartz. Geodes by the hundreds, next to sand bars.

Just some comments. Looking for ways to help.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Here is a link about earthquake insurance. Read it closely and between the lines. ww1.prweb.com...

By the way, I just called this American Sentry agent and they DO offer earthquake insurance for this area.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Yes, I thought of that place in VA, when the birds died. Thank God, no one was shooting fireworks right there it would have probably gone up in a blaze.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Hi daisy, Everyone around my home everyone is dizzy, have trouble talking. etc. But if you haven't looked at the thread about Compasses going Crazy. Check it out. It appears that a magnetic pole is forming over the Eastern part of the US all around the New Madrid in the middle of it. An astro phsysics friend of mine said one form over South Africa all ready and flipped. [South became North] The symptoms of this is about the same thing everyone is experiencing. It is also feared that this causes a big quake. The magnetic field over Japan was off when it happened there from what a member said. Get you a compass and see what it says. All the compasses around Indiana are off. Alabama turned totally East. If this is a precursor to the major earthquakes that will be something that might give us a chance to be prewarned or know what to expect and when. Take Care daisy, Prayer is a strong healer of this planet, and been proven. Mother Nature needs our prayers.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Just had a good-sized quake here

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

It looks like it's almost identical to the other larger one. I would have to say it's right around 3.5M. Unless it's location is different.

Here's the listing. They said it's a 4.0M. I'm not so sure about that. The location was just south of Greenbrier. It says it's been reviewed. But who knows. They revise lots.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

edit on 7-4-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
[exMagnitude
Date-Time
Thursday, April 07, 2011 at 23:11:09 UTC
Thursday, April 07, 2011 at 06:11:09 PM at epicenter
Depth
2.6 km (1.6 miles) (poorly constrained)
Region
ARKANSAS
Distances
2 km (1 miles) S (188°) from Greenbrier, AR
6 km (4 miles) ENE (74°) from Wooster, AR
12 km (7 miles) SSE (165°) from Twin Groves, AR
15 km (10 miles) NNE (22°) from Conway, AR
54 km (33 miles) N (354°) from Little Rock, AR
425 km (264 miles) SSW (207°) from St. Louis, MO
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 11.9 km (7.4 miles); depth +/- 3.7 km (2.3 miles)
Parameters
NST= 51, Nph= 57, Dmin=2.2 km, Rmss=0.55 sec, Gp= 36°,
M-type="Nuttli" surface wave magnitude (mbLg), Version=6
Source
U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center:
World Data Center for Seismology, Denver
Event ID
usc0002lbn

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

It looks like it's almost identical to the other larger one. I would have to say it's right around 3.5M. Unless it's location is different.

It felt a little stronger with a double impact if that makes any sense 8-) It shook hard once and then again with less force.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Coming up as a four.

new topics

top topics

<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join