It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 212
<< 209  210  211    213  214  215 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

This time of year, the ear pressure/pain is often attributed to seasonal allergies (sinus drainage.) But, the ringing in your ears and the problem with your eyes is a little different. I have the same problems with my eyes not wanting to focus for a few seconds at a time.. to the point I quit driving before my doctor actually told me too. I have had tons and tons of tests done and my symptoms could be purely medical.. BUT, my symptoms are worse when the earthquakes here are bigger. Go figure.

Oh yeah,I also get the occasional ringing in my ears.. never really had a problem with that in the past.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I truely feel the ear pressure, pain, ringing, ears that won't pop, headaches, nausea are signs to watch for, I call them my "dog like" instincts. I also have allergys, I always have, but I have never had these problems before. Look how animals react to earthquakes, running around crazy, they have such sensitive ears it probably makes them crazy! The pain I had before, during, and for about 3 days after Japan was almost unbearable. My ear pain started the day of the earthfquake maybe 10-12 hours prior, you can bet that if the pain comes back that intensely again you will all hear about it! I am a newbee here, but have been following for about a year, you guys are awesome, keep up the good work!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I was just flipping through the TV channels and stumbled across Lisa Ling's new show on the OWN Network. It's called Our American with Lisa Ling.

It seems like thiis fracking issue would fit in perfectly there and she is usually a very good inestigative reporter (and I believe environmentalist as well). Have you tried this avenue? As its a new show, she may be actively looking for good American stories.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Im in the UK and we had a small quake last night

DATE: 1 April 2011
ORIGIN TIME: 02:34 32.3s UTC
LAT/LON: 53.843° North / 2.990° West
GRID REF: 334.87 km/E / 439.01 km/N
DEPTH: 11.6 km
MAGNITUDE: 2.3 ML
LOCALITY: Blackpool, Lancashire
INTENSITY: 3 EMS

Blackpool, in Lancashire ... and guess where they are starting / have started fracking, thats right an onshore shale gas reservoir near Blackpool.
Not 100% at what stage they are at, but apprently they were due to start fracking this month.
Link to story >>>> www.guardian.co.uk...
Link to BGS >>>> www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk...

Going to have to keep a very close eye on this as I live just 32 miles away from Blackpool.
edit on 1/4/11 by Plumbduff because: my grasp of English is rubbish considering I am English !!!

edit on 1/4/11 by Plumbduff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Marked Tree is still showing activity currently, select it here folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...
White Oak shows some in the am readings. folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

Are these an anomaly?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

The Marked Tree signals are most likely a vehicle. Lots of different stations are in areas that pick up lots of noise.

I'm always watching the webicorders. I'm always reading what is written here. I'd write more if I could. If anything starts to go haywire with the webicorders, I'll try to come on to describe what I see. What really bugs me is the earthquake in Wyoming. It's right where they want to drill. More drilling in seismic areas. They're already drilling south of Yellowstone.

The GEE isn't working.
The Memphis webicorders aren't updating at this point.

The IRIS is working.

It's seems relatively quiet in Arkansas for the moment. On tiny one about an hour ago. And one wierd thick signal that I recognize but have never been able to identify. I suspect fluid migration. What do I know?

I'll keep watching. I'll update and comment when the compulsion to write overwhelms me. If I don't write for over a week, or I disappear when there's obviously a serious increase in the swarm for a long time, it means I've dropped dead from a heart attack. Please respect my wishes when I now I ask you to ignore this statement and carry on as if I said nothing. Cause I'm certain it's all in my imagination. I may elborate in my crazy corner. But I'm not making any promises.

Thankfully it would seem the quakes are still not reaching 3M anymore.
Fracking is dangerous.
Stop being driven by consumerism.
Think.
Act.
Prepare.
Observe.
Study history.
I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. This is why I haven't been writing.
I only know one thing for sure.
The threat is real.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Just wanted to wish Robin, a very happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I'm still watching and listening. Still feeling a lot of pressure in my ears, head just not trusting what I am feeling as much this week since I had a anaphylactic reaction to some antibiotics Sunday and almost died. Afraid the steroids and antihistamines they have had me on have messed up my "tuning fork" temporarily. I continue to warn and talk to whoever will listen about the fracking dangers and all the earthquakes. Maybe in a few more days I will feel better.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Thanks Robin. I didn't think there could be much to it since it was an isolated recorder and others around weren't indicating as well.

Happy Birthday, as well, hope it was a good one.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ur44lois

ur44lois, I am so sorry to hear you are having such health problems. Hang in there, doll.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Second Texas quake in a week in the same area.
Surprise, surpise. It's in a gas field.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

just came across this article.....makes me wonder how long until they restart.....and the eq's increase...

news.google.com... HxsgesjINx&rt=SECTION&vm=STANDARD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.news-register.net%2Fpage%2Fcontent.detail%2Fid%2F553713%2FProof-Not-There--Prof--Drilling--Eart hquakes-Not-Connected.html%3Fnav%3D515

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rinowilli

The link doesn't take you to the right place.. at least I don't think it does anyways. Could you double check it for us?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Timothy Carr is a fracking liar and an idiot and I want to punch him in the face.

www.news-register.net...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

....my thoughts exactly

Thanks for posting the correct link

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

He may want to deny that there is a connection, but the numbers quoted in the article shows a clear correlation between fracking and earthquakes in Arkansas, and anyone reading the article with a grain of common sense can see that as well.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
If you're hell-bent on destroying the world, why not keep your foot on the accelerator?

Insert profanity here- ________________________________!!!!!!!

today.msnbc.msn.com...

If you think you are free- you are deluded. If you don't understand how you are enslaved by corporations- you condemn your children. Corporations are privateers. Sanctioned pirates.

hosted.ap.org...

Spartacus is dead.

edit on 3-4-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
About 3:26 local time there is a strange trace on multiple stations around Greenbrier (see link).
Anyone got ideas? Anyone feel anything?

Helicorder, temp X201

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pls8xx

and thats about the same time they decided to close I40 just over the OK line. They say a hole has developed and damaged 20 cars just out of the blue. Maybe its just a coincidence, maybe not.

new topics

top topics

<< 209  210  211    213  214  215 >>

join