It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 198
<< 195  196  197    199  200  201 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HadEnough
reply to post by katfish

We have had cell phone and wireless internet problems for the last couple of months or so. Has anyone checked into the solar thingies ( I haven't been allowed to sleep yet, not since yesterday morning, so I'm not gonna try and remember the correct terms, just to get slammed with 'they're called....') to see if they are the problem with the phone/internet issues? I know they mentioned last summer that all of this was coming on our local news station. They said solar storms (? memory sucks) would affect the satellites and weather and when combined with the super close moon this spring could affect earthquake and volcanic activity. My brain is fried so I can't remember if there is a connection here or not? lol sorry I can't be of more help.

Having major satellite issues (Direct TV) here in Memphis...

Anyone else?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

My estimate was wrong because I did not account for the green spike which altered the screen sensitivity more than I allowed for.

It is also more difficult when it wraps round the edge! Well that is my excuse anyway!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallmaya

Did you know that Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana have produced huge diamonds? Near Murfreesboro, Arkansas, from what is now known to be a lamproite pipe, more than 100,000 stones averaging 0.25 carat each were produced between 1907 and 1933.

I clicked the link to see the list of large diamonds --I only checked the 1st one found by W.W. Johnson who was from Texas but that diamond was definitely found in Arkansas. I suspect the remainder were also found in Arkansas

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

My estimate was wrong because I did not account for the green spike which altered the screen sensitivity more than I allowed for

Thanks for posting that. I just needed to know if I was looking at the lines and corresponding times correctly. Each colored line on the IRIS chart represents 10 minutes ...and the CERI charts have 15 minute lines (I *think* that's right). I'm so unsure of what I see when I look at those graphs and that's why I don't usually bother with GEE -- way too much going on.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

Kathy,

Yes, the daimonds are interesting part of the areas history. But I was trying to relay information about how the area/soil where the diamonds come from is from a very large volcano which geologist have theorized could produce huge earthquakes.

I'll try the link and repost here:

www.semp.us...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

You should post it here! I would like to learn more about liquifaction and use flour as the medium.

Our Direct TV has been a mess for a while-3 months.

Missouri has a "diamond pipe" south and west, perhaps along hwy 44? There are some volcano remnants southwise. I do not know much because the geologists don't want people tearing them apart, so not a lot of info out to the public. Too much info was released on the Indian Mounds and treasure hunters decimated them.

Yes, quartz traps water-I have some with a tiny bit in it.

So, the tides are cracking the water inside the quartz?

Y'know we do have a lot of quartz around this house. And fish tanks and water. And a well. Sinkholes.

I hope things are settling down-interesting that the quakes and ill feelings I have are from about 10A-2P and 4P-8P. If I stay up late, I feel odd at 12A to 2A.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Geologists have no way of knowing if it is a super volcano or not. You are confusing super volcanic eruptions estimates with what is or is not a super volcano. Both Vesuvius and Thera could very well be super volcanoes.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by katfish

I'm the same way 10-2 4-8 and 12-2 later if something happens and I wake up. All week long on my way home when I get to one area where they have carved interstate out of the rock before I get to exit 93 on 540 I get antsy. and I'm that way till I get the other 3 miles home. I don't know why that area is weirding me out. Probably has to do with knowing that would be a bad place to be if the ground shook.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hope I'm wrong but things feel like they are starting to build up a little again.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ur44lois

Quote:
I get antsy. and I'm that way till I get the other 3 miles home. I don't know why that area is weirding me out. Probably has to do with knowing that would be a bad place to be if the ground shook.

I found it interesting that you posted this as I have an area near where I live I feel the same about. Its just your regular 2 1/2 mile stretch of highway but I feel creepy when I drive thru - I become anxious and can't wait to pass it by. I think something is going to happen in that area. I think it may have to do with some of the
unexplained rumbles we have felt the past 7 or 8 months.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

What have you felt or experienced today Susan?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
www.fox16.com...

They have extended the stop on the 2 injections wells.

They also have the reports back on all the dead drum fish.

www.fox16.com...
edit on 17-3-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Ears are ringing pretty good again, head hurting again and felt some gentle swaying, have felt a small vibration at times but not enough to really rattle anything and then they sway leaves and the vibration.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I have been following this thread for quite some time now with great interest but have not posted anything due to the fact that i did not have anything of my own to contribute to this sudject.I am an over the road truck driver,and in the past week freight has kept me moving back and forth through this area of the country,IL,MO,AR,TN..I am not from this area,but I noticed something unusual today and thought that I would share it with you,I was traveling down I-55
South in MO.,and noticed that the vast majority of the wooden power line poles were leaning,but what really struck
me to be odd was that at least 70% of the poles seem to be leaning to the left,being that I was traveling south,I would say that would be towards the east..I dont know if this is normal the area or not being that I am not from around here...Just thought I would share it with you..THX

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

It could very well be from any # of straight line wind events or very small tonadoes, as they happen very often in the boot heel of Mo., and just south of there. However, It intrigues me enough to do a little digging if I have time in the next day or two. I will try to post my findings if they seem to be related to the recent rumblings.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Quake in the Midwest Would Have Catastrophic Consequences

There are 15 nuclear power plants in the New Madrid fault zone -- three reactors in Alabama -- that are of the same or similar design as the site in Japan experiencing problems.

Another study by the Mid-America Earthquake Center last year estimates that nearly 750,000 buildings would be damaged, 3,000 bridges would potentially collapse, 400,000 breaks and leaks to local pipelines and $300 billion in direct damage and $600 billion in indirect losses would occur.

edit on 18-3-2011 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

Thanks for your reply,I will be looking forward to seeing your findings.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

Yep, I am from Missouri, and everything leans to the East. Prevailing winds are West to East, also along I-55 is very wet country, so routine floods soften the ground and the poles begin to lean. It has been a very wet winter and early spring, and the Mississipppi has been out of its banks badly for the last few weeks. It is only expected to get worse through the rest of the spring.

I don't think it is Earthquake related, but who knows?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Robin... I found this article on another ATS thread that I think you will find extremely interesting. It was found and posted by JohnnyAnonymous, a forum moderator.

It's dated 2007 from The University of Washington.

Rising Tides Intensify Non Volcanic Tremor In Earth's Crust

And here is the link to JohnnyAnonymous's thread:

ATS Thread

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

Yes, the water. Always the water. What are they using to fight the meltdown in Japan? Water. The moon is the pump.

I'm finding it hard to write. Water on the brain.
I'm so scatter-brained at the moment it would take a massive scavenger hunt to put it back together.
Sorry.

top topics

<< 195  196  197    199  200  201 >>

join