It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 184
<< 181  182  183    185  186  187 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

I for one want to thank you for the link keeping , It has been a great resource for me and others to have them all together that way...and the project just keeps growing...so thanks again

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Another one around 2+ magnitude. And just when I hoped it was going to take a break. It's very regular. If there isn't a 2+ for a while, you'll have the smaller ones. If there are no smaller ones, you get the 2+.

The fault is constantly moving. And I believe the area is resonating. The freely oscillating earth is causing Arkansas to resonate. The swaying is stretching and compression the fault.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
In my opinion something has changed at Arkansas. This is the pattern of quakes from 01 Oct 2010 to today

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/27cef3bff839.png[/atsimg]

The last lot I posted was around 21st Feb so I have done another Google Earth set for that date. It is very difficult to get the registration right but I am sure you will get the picture:

The quakes ARE moving south west. There is a bit of filling in up north but they are definitely creeping south.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/873d7257923e.gif[/atsimg]

I had other graphs to post, but frankly they are superfluous after finding this. Time well spent however. I don't think the geologists will be doing this exercise so if anyone is in touch with Scott A????? I think you should email him this GIF. Yes, I think someone should send him that GIF!! It has to mean something.

By the way the energy released is now the equivalent of a 4.9

Edit: Waste not want not.

This was the first graph i did - and these take some time!

This is in essence the same as the Google earth map.

Note how very clearly the green mag 3+ quakes are predominantly clear of the red mag 2 quakes on the whole.

This is by Latitude and Depth. Not any specific pattern that I can see here in the depths.

edit on 13/3/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

looks like rain is in the forecast for that area in the next 24-48 hours...how do you think more water will figure into the situation?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan
[mor
May I cut and past your finding in the email to Scott. I will email him now.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

You and others are most welcome. It's the least that I can do. Most grateful for the thanks, but it's a small part y'all doing all work, I'm just journaling. I liken it to when I took wedding pictures it's an event in progress. Oh, just got a rush?!!!
Breathe slowly. I just saw Putermans graphics. Nice Job by the way, can you post them on an outside link like wordpress, then link it back here, so I cant get them in our reference?

I have an insatiable desire to stargaze, to get outside in the cool air, beside people who I care the most about. To gazed at the elements of life itself. To bring peace to my soul before all hell breaks loose. I can't shake this feeling, many others are feeling a whole menagerie of affects. Finding calm and purpose has not been easy as well all can attest to. Once each finds a piece of that, another rests to shore their energies, to take the load for another as they find their own way to stabilize.

I may be naive, but I am trying to be brave.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
low rumbles and slight swaying just now... will keep you posted if anything more interesting develops here!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HadEnough

Yes here too.

Links to arkansas geologists.

Scott Ausbrooks; Scott Ausbrook

[email protected] University of Arkansas Earthquake College of Science and Technology

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

[email protected] University of Arkansas Earthquake College of Science and Technology

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thank you. Puterman doesn't want to tell me he loves me, but I've already told him that I love him. Because if you remember in my first paragraph when I started the thread, I said I couldn't put up great graphics. But I knew Purterman could and would.

Puterman, I told you long ago the quakes were migrating to the southwest. I'm glad you took a second look. The other night I was noting ENE trend and said I wouldn't be surprise if the fault kept going south and started travelling down the valley. Green Valley Drive.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I always said the Scott Ausbrooks realized the fault was bigger than thought and he revised his maxium quake risk to between 5-6 magnitude. He once thought the fault was 6km, but now thinks it's 12 km.

Now I know I've been so anxious today. The 2+ magnitude quakes seem to be within the fault itself. That's what I saw today. Lots of 2+ quakes running up and down the fault. In the past this has been followed by the clusters of 3+ quakes. And as you observed, these are lateral. Out to the sides. This is remarkable because that's just how the lateral quakes were trending in the Enola Swarm. You had a main fault trending ENE, with lateral lines. The Enola quakes were more clustered. This is seemingly the only differenc. Most likely because there was only one injection site involved. I haven't found any information. It would be difficult. A geologist who studied Enola even suggested I would need to find military records. The army was most likely pumping old chemical weapons near Enola. Or the was convential drilling. And then injection. It really doesn't matter. Because the studies were focused on the most likely cause. And that was the Enola Quakes were fluid induced.

Man, I can be so stupid. The information was right there in front of me and the link was an exact straight line. I know someone posted information that two injection wells had been closed. One in Guy and the other in Greenbrier. I found the one in Guy. But never located the second well. I may be wrong. But I'm almost positive the other well was in Greenbrier. I just checked, the other well was near Greenbier. This is obvious.

It's so simple. They were pumping fluids under two different parts of the fault. Or created a fault. But I think this was an old fault. The two different pump sites were lifting the ground from the bottom at either end. This lifting motion crack the weakened area. To put it simply. Imagine you don't have a proper spatula for a cake. You want to move it onto a plate. You find a knife and think, what the heck, I'll be careful. You put the knife carefully under the cake and make sure you have in exactly in the middle. And you'll just balance it really carefully as you pass it from the table onto the plate. You get it up in the air and it is just teetering but you balance it with your finger on your spar hand. But here's where physics will screw up your plans. The knife is too thin and can cause your cake to break in half. There the pressue is not spread wide enough. So your knife pushes from the bottom and as your cake bends from gravity, you will see a crack forming along the top. Soon that crack splits open and have a mess on your floor.

I know this is true because I've worked in restaurants and bakeries and I have to cook for my boy. I cheat when I'm in a rush and have tried using a knife on a big moist cake.

The is a straight line from Guy to Greenbrier. You don't even have to try and connect the dots. The fault does that for you. It's obvious. The injections have ripped open a 12 km long fault which is creeping south as Puterman said and shown so wonderfully.

I'm breathing easier because the quakes have stopped. After the last 2+, it was probably 2.3, because it was never posted, the quakes seem to suddenly stopped. I'm not seeing any quakes of any size. None.

Something did happen today. And I'm so very glad I was wrong. But as Puterman's graph shows, you get a lot of 2+ quakes and then there are the clusters. The lateral quakes. Today we got the 2's, but the bigger ones didn't show up.

So something is different. As well as the fact the quakes are migrating to the south.

Honestly, today was different because it wasn't the normal pattern. Instead the fault was moving from one end to the other in a long gentle slide. I think it's resonating for the free oscillition of the earth.

Better that than a big quake. I'm much more relax. But cut me some slack. I was see the fault moving dramatically. I just can't show you like Puterman can. I wish I could make movies with the stuff from my head. I'm stuck just writing and posting links, and sharing my analysis.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HadEnough

You guys are swaying?? I got nothing showing up?? Maybe it will come through.

Edit, I still see nothing. And the last quake showing was about 2.3 magnitude at 00:23 UTC.

Or 8:23 EST.

edit on 13-3-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Yes, I think the rain will be unwanted. The whole Eastern United States is soaked and flooding. This will only make it more unstable. My mother live is Canada. But she near Buffalo NY. The first time in forty years, her water tank is completely full. She's never had a full cistern before. Eight feet of water. It's massive. And we ain't even hit spring yet.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
In fact, I'm kinda confused that everything stopped so suddenly. I've tracked the constant movement for the last 36 hours. There was all kinds of noises between each 2+ quake. Then nothing. Lots of seimic noise. But nothing else. Maybe now that I said that something will jump up.

I just went outside. The moon is up there. Had to look. It's still pulling. Just not as hard as when it's full or new.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I need to find out how to post media to this forum. If it works, the following graphic is from a map that shows the location of wells in the Greenbriar/Guy area.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Ya know,you never replied to me in your Thread Robin,so im not sure if you read or overlooked it. I posted this Study for you ,Evidence for Rainfall-Triggered Earthquake Activity ,made in 2006 by German Scientists,which i think pretty much confirmes/completes your Theory.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Yes, I'm sorry. I know I've often missed replying to someone's post. I'm really not used to so many people wanting to know what I think. I spent two years on here trying to convince anyone who would listen about my ideas and how I've assembled the research. I completely argee that rainfall and water is key to generating quakes. I've posted a couple times the fact that it was raining heavily before the San Fransico quake. Even showed a movie form 1906 made days before the big quake. There was lots of liquidification which caused massive damage.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
reply to post by Antoniastar

I didn't see that Thread - but - at 5:00 pm est. I was getting ready to leave my office and out the open window even though 35 degrees here - i heard this rumble - my office is in a very small city (if you want to call it that) but this sound i heard sounded like major wind coming down off the mountain (I live on a mountain -so I know the sound ) -- I opened my window up all the way and even had someone come to the window to listen with me --- there was no wind - no train (no trains in the area) - everything was still and there was this noise. It really bugged me out - I waited 5 minutes waiting for wind, shake - anything - but nothing. I don't know wth it was but is was way out of the ordinary. I live and work in Ulster County, NY
edit on 10-3-2011 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

Hi Anmarie,

Finally I made it back to this thread! lol

New York huh? Wow how nice.

I wonder what that rumble sound is? It sure seems like it’s an underground volcano, a sleeping giant waking up. But what do I know? I ain’t no expert on such matters that’s for dang as sure. Most of the time I rely on common sense, instinct, intuition, and stuff like that. It’s not fool-proof, but it works for me.

But this isn’t about me, it’s about you and all the other New Yorkons.

No wind or trains you say? Hmmmmmm…….something isn’t right (obviously). Especially if this is out of the ordinary for you gurys over there.

I'll give this one more thought. I want to get back with you.

Please be safe.

edit on 13-3-2011 by Antoniastar because: cuz of an oops.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Boy, has the situation in Japan thrown a huge spotlight on all things tectonic or what?

In am overlooked and possibly very important thread here, a discussion has touched on some possibilities that remind me of the information discussed in the article on mid-continental faults.

I note that prior to the 9.0 quake that there is routine seismic activity all over the world bug since there has been a definite lack of activity almost anywhere else. Lately there have been some quakes showing up where they had before, but I still don't think that global tectonic activity has resumed pre-Japanese quake levels yet.

This is troubling to me in that it occurs to me that if stresses aren't being released in the form of quakes, then thise stresses must be building. Or they are not being generated any longer, which presents a whole slew of othe concerns.

Let us know when you et that thread posted for certain, sun!

And the only reason I noticed that one link was bad was that I was using your post as a reference and was linking the info to someone who had requested it thus using the information in the way it was meant to be used. I also notice in going through the list of links that we have covered an astounding variety kf subjects within this thread.

Amazing. My hat is off to you!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
In fact, I'm kinda confused that everything stopped so suddenly.

Robin, I read your post and a thought hit me. Could be nothing but thought I'd share anyway.

Possibly energy has been diverted into other quake zones?

Here's a post that I just made to TrueAmerican that might be relevant to what's going on in the NMFZ.

TA, thank you for posting this and for your concern. I wish safety for the people in danger zones.

I agree, the area is very dangerous right now.

It might turn out to be nothing but thought I'd bring this image to your attention anyway.

Is there some kind of sub-trend going on? I am a novice to all this subterrainian stuff so I really don't know if there's such a thing as a plate allignment trend. But I look for patterns naturally anyway. That's why I don't know if there's anything to it. Notice most of the activity around the Japan sea and also around Greece etc? They are aligned. Sure I can do that with any of the quakes...but what I'm pointing out is timing and mass activity. Not sure of the accuracy of this particular site so take it for what it is please.

Source

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 181  182  183    185  186  187 >>

join