It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 154
<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I thought this was settling down guess it was just wishful thinking and dreaming. SIGH

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Thought Provoker

We have a government that's apparently trying to bankrupt itself

That might be the answer to this disturbing question...WHY would the government want to cause such a terrible catastrophe? IF a country declares bankruptcy...is it like an individual or corporation who then is released from the debt they owe? China basically owns the US...we get them off our back and of course the sympathy of most other countries who would then do what they did for Haiti...send help($$$). And just like Haiti, all that help could then be funneled off into areas that have nothing to do with the disaster itself. No better way to get the pocket book to open than to instill pity in it's owner.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
A decent sized quake just occured...loooks to be around a 2.8.

Showing up strongest on the HHAS station...NW corner of the state.

Ironically, I just came on here to post a map I just made triangulating the recent quakes and showing the HHAS station. Looks like I may have to re-do it!

ETA: Susan, it is showing really good on WHAR too...you must have gotten a really good jolt.
edit on 7-3-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

A decent sized quake just occured...loooks to be around a 2.8.

Yes, it happened about 4:06. Tried to do the "felt" report at USGS and keep getting security certificate error message. So far, it isn't posted on USGS.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Just posted. I was close:

Magnitude 2.7
Date-Time Monday, March 07, 2011 at 22:06:46 UTC
Monday, March 07, 2011 at 04:06:46 PM at epicenter

Location 35.228°N, 92.385°W
Depth 5.4 km (3.4 miles)
Region ARKANSAS
Distances 0 km (0 miles) ESE (111°) from Greenbrier, AR
7 km (4 miles) ENE (64°) from Wooster, AR
10 km (6 miles) SSE (160°) from Twin Groves, AR
17 km (10 miles) NNE (22°) from Conway, AR
55 km (34 miles) N (355°) from Little Rock, AR
423 km (263 miles) SSW (207°) from St. Louis, MO

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 0.7 km (0.4 miles); depth +/- 0.6 km (0.4 miles)
Parameters NST= 12, Nph= 20, Dmin=2 km, Rmss=0.12 sec, Gp= 76°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=A
Source Cooperative New Madrid Seismic Network

Event ID nm030711p

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
pretty darn good guess, westcoast!

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

TrueAmerican, have you pulled up HHAR by chance? If not and you are still curious as to what is going on, you should. You really should. I also just found THIS STATION AT WHITE OAK LAKE

Out of curiosity I looked on GEE and they have a station there. My. I mean really. You should take a look at it. It makes WHAR look tame. Seriously. Is the whole darn state percolating?

EDIT TO ADD: If you go HERE and go back through the previous days, you will see what is even more concerning. These both (Hobbs and White Oak) started acting up at the same time. It doesn't look like this is just local noise that is common to either station....and they look like the same KIND of crap that is happening at WHAR, only more intense. Something is up guys...I am saying it again.
edit on 7-3-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Yes it was a good sized quake and a good jolt was driving at the time. I put the photos I took on my profile, how do I put them in the thread. There was nothing there but also got a shot of a lake on the way that is almost empty and posted that too. I did pass 1 tanker truck when I got back to Hwy 5 heading towards El Paso, it was NOT a hazmat truck, don't know what it was hauling though, lots of dump trucks though.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Yes, I have HHAR up.

At this point I have expanded my monitoring to include virtually every station in Arkansas and eastern OK. This includes TA and AG networks, as well as some others.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

That makes me feel wonderful!!!! My head is about to split open, ears ringing horribly, cat won't get out of my lap at all. I push her down and she is right back. At least the puppies are being puppies and not paying attention and wrestling around. Be back in a little bit, things are rumbling again.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by yahfearing

I think you have lost your mind.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

At this point I have expanded my monitoring to include virtually every station in Arkansas and eastern OK. This includes TA and AG networks, as well as some others.

Has anyone been able to get the new stations online? This CERI poster shows several stations in the area including Woolly Hollow of course. hazards.cr.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey

I think you have lost your mind.

And with that Susan, you win the post of the day award!!!!!! Seriously, I busted out laughing! Made my dogs scamper!

Originally posted by SusanFrey
Yes it was a good sized quake and a good jolt was driving at the time. I put the photos I took on my profile, how do I put them in the thread.

OK, let's tackle this.....

If you will go to the photo you are wanting to post, look under the photo and you will see 3 lines of code. It is the 3rd one you want. Labeled: Embed on ATS

Just copy that code and paste it in your post. If the image is very large, look at beginning and end of the code and you will see the tag like so [atsimage]....take the 'ats' part out so it is only [img], that will give you scroll bars for the image.

Hope that makes sense!!! If not let me know!
OiO

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Way off topic!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

files.abovetopsecret.com...

OK the shot of the lake was around the curves maybe about a mile from the empty site, but look how low it is, it's almost empty.
edit on 7-3-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

NVM..........

edit on 7-3-2011 by OneisOne because: blah......

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

I also found several missile silo's today in the area and they are right in the middle of everything too. One of them was for sale if anyone is interested. LOL!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
You guys might want to take a look at this thread I just posted:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We need to figure this out.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Excellent. I have already posted.

We need to get all the ATS quakewatchers involved in this. I am sure they will all find it fascinating to look at and scrutinize, for it is really, very alarming.

Thank you...

top topics

<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join