It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 152
<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
so ive been talkin to friend of mine...and he works for the military...he told me that the national guard and fema are getting ready to trigger a earthquake on new madrid to keep a "bigger" one from happening...and if you want to check it all out for yourself...theres been a lot of military in this whole area setting up with satilittes and monitoring equipment...he said theyre gonna send a low level EMP into the fault ...triggering a quake...didnt say when...but its happening soon....he said the work theyre doing will save lives...but i cant see how...but it makes sense after reading all these posts....i live in memphis...and we are stocking up on food and water as we speak in case something happens soon.....just sayin guys...get prepared..this aint the first ive heard about this...and im sure this aint yours either...this aint good..

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by lovebledhate

Actually, I know someone in the military too. And this plan was actually counter intelligence. In reality, they are planning for Memphis. Something about having to do it a specifc distance from the faultline. You think all that activity there is for nothing?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Well if it were me, I'd be looking down to make sure molten lava isn't starting to ooze up out of the ground.

Thanks I needed that. LOL!!!!! LMAO!!! I do feel that way at times or that things are going to suddenly drop out from under me. I'd rather be at an amusement park riding rides than doing it this way and I love roller coasters.

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by Fritzthecat
reply to post by SusanFrey

hey dont forget to look up lol

Well if it were me, I'd be looking down to make sure molten lava isn't starting to ooze up out of the ground.

Cause it's just bizarre that she is feeling these tiny microquakes. I mean Susan, you literally must be directly on top of this activity. I mean like right on it. That jolt you just felt registered a mere 40 microns/sec in GEE, and usually for a station that close no one would EVER feel that. Got me scratching my head for sure..... There must be some particularly mitigating geological circumstance underneath you to enable you being able to feel them.

I have read your area described as "sitting on top of a basement filled with rubble." As in, there is a lot of instability in the ground structure there. Others describe the area as very rigid and stiff, and a place that does not attenuate earthquakes very well at all.
edit on Sun Mar 6th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

That is the area in NW Arkansas that we were watching closely last year in THIS thread. My family lives within 60 miles of that area, and there is an ancient mountain range there. The Boston Mountains. The mountain range could be indicative of very ancient tectonic activity in the area that is completely unrelated to the New Madrid seismic zone. A new fault was discovered there a few years ago.

As for WalMart, don't worry about them. The WalMart headquarters is more high-tech than the Pentagon, and the security is better. I used to work in many capacities for WalMart in that area, and they don't need your concern, they have prepared for anything and everything!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

The drilling site, which is less than two miles from your home may be plugged or abandoned. It's was a convential well and may never been fracked. The well is a Morowan Sandstone drill site. The well number is 1416. If the map I've reference is not up to date. They may have reactivated the well and may, stress may, be trying to frack it, or they may be using, or wanting to use it for injection. I suggest you contact the Commision to get an update. And you can drive to the site and have a look. From the Google Earth Map, it looks like there was no production on it at that time. But things change. It may be one of the injection permits to be held up by the moratorium.

Whatever's going on, it has to do with your inner ear. I highly doubt you are grinding your teeth suddnely. Unless you're so stressed, it making you do it in your sleep. A better answer is that within you inner ear is where we have our balance sensor. It a tube filled with fluid where tiny little hair sense a ball that floats around like a leveling tool. You obviously are sensitive. Your son only feels it at home and not at school. So it must have to do with the well 1416. Need more information on well 1416. Try chewing gum.

There is an injection well to your northwest just outside of Enola. Smart. Let's put an injection well near a known siesmic area.

The ground beneath you is sandstone, and l think limestone. This has much to do with your feeling the waves. But not all of it I suspect.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I hope we're talking about the same thing. They shut down two injection wells. And although not conclusive, the reason was that there was a strong correlation and so the Commission shut them down during an Emergency Meeting.

Let's say it's not fracking or the injection for a moment. That still doesn't explain the lunacy of drilling in a seismically active area. Like Enola. There's an injection well not far away from the Enola swarm locations and two wells in the town itself. And now we have the Guy/Greenbier fault. Where there is fracking and injection all around the area. How is this responsible?

You can argue that it may not be the injection causing the quakes. But how do you justify continuing to frack and inject liquids in a siesmically active area which is near the New Madrid. And how do we forget that the first quakes of the 1811/12 earthquakes stated in Arkansas.

It's crazy. Simply crazy. Please explain why you think the drilling, the fracking, and the injection are not insane given the history of the area.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Have you guys seen this,
maybe it's already been posted,cause
I haven't been keeping track.....
www.huffingtonpost.com...

It's good to see some of those far "leftist" sites giving this attention....a lot of it is being culled from the NY Times coverage. But knowing the MSM is tightly controlled media, why would they suddenly be so concerned? Still scratching my head..... (for a logical answer, NOT bugs). LOL

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by lovebledhate
so ive been talkin to friend of mine...and he works for the military...he told me that the national guard and fema are getting ready to trigger a earthquake on new madrid to keep a "bigger" one from happening...and if you want to check it all out for yourself...theres been a lot of military in this whole area setting up with satilittes and monitoring equipment...he said theyre gonna send a low level EMP into the fault ...triggering a quake...didnt say when...but its happening soon....he said the work theyre doing will save lives...but i cant see how...but it makes sense after reading all these posts....i live in memphis...and we are stocking up on food and water as we speak in case something happens soon.....just sayin guys...get prepared..this aint the first ive heard about this...and im sure this aint yours either...this aint good..

No surprise, IMO. One of the things that got my attention when I first started researching HAARP was the harmonic resonance factor. Hmmmmm..... Haiti, Chile, Iceland, NZ, come to mind. Way too many incidents to be mere coincidence, dontcha think? What a convenient way to destroy, plunder, and control!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

The sensations are less if I am up doing things and moving around instead of sitting down watching TV or on the computer. I am going exploring today and taking cameras with me. Tomorrow I have to run to Ft. Smith and back in the morning, and then to Little Rock in the late afternoon, so I won't be able to do anything then. I want to say things are improving but don't want to go that far yet. I've been up and going since 4 am. and there were a few small quakes this morning and some going on now, but the seasick wavy feeling isn't as strong as it has been so maybe they are dying down. I sure hope so.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

There are some 2 mags recently. But no big clusters. When you do your experiment to find the direction of the waves, close your eyes and please use a compass. Then mark down the direction. Just try it several times until you get a good fix.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

I hear a lot about extinct volcanos,, but seldom do people talk about new ones. If you know the earth is always changing. If you read up on volcanos there are new ones forming off the oregon coast, the area where the 3 quakes where yesterday is a volcanic/geothermal hot zone.

For a new volcano to form all's it would take is a big enough rupture in the crust to let magma rise..
In a sense The Whole continent is new to science. We have no Idea for sure what happend 500 years ago here.
15,000 years ago there was a ice age that changed the topography forever, Look around you and imagiane what your neck of the woods looked like before a Ice age and thousands of floods bigg enough to cover the whole mid west...

Makes you wonder how many volcanos where smeared to dust. or filled in with floods We only know about the recant ones... You can travel 50 miles from my house and see volcanic fields for as far as you can see. and no volcano. Evan better if you stop and think the whole crust was created by volcanic action. So every quare inch under you (and some day over lol.) was brought to you by joe the volcano.

It should be noted (by any one over 5 years old anyway) that you dont pump crap into the ground. If there going to inject fluids into the ground to offset the materials they remove, Shouldint it be distilled water. (to make sure it doesnt contaminate the aquafers)
We are a society that feels the needs to have comforts that people didnt need for a million years so far. So if we need to use these resources, we should be able to make a decision that involves long term goals and a priority of future generations. We as a nation have a need for the gas. Undeniably!! But also as a nation we owe it to the people who live in these areas and those that will live in these areas,

A. Safe water
B. Safe Air
C. Safe land
No compromise, We need to develop game plans. And tecnology that reflects these goals
Thank you for you support vote Fritz. Brought to you by the Fritz for president commitee. Non politicial. lol

edit on 7-3-2011 by Fritzthecat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lovebledhate

And just how do they know how big of a quake it would create?
Are they trying to relieve pressure and if so how do they even
know the Madrid will have a bigger quake if they don't put
an EMP down there.

Can anyone relieve my mind on this?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Don't know if any of these wells are the one you are talking about. The green ones are gas wells, the red are injection wells. One was active as of 3/2/2011

Not having any luck putting pictures in here.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-3-2011 by herenow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

IMHO, They would not set off a quake on the New Madrid Fault - Now, it has gone too far and They are unsure of what to do. Lots of things rolling around in my head right now because I smell Fish.

But, here comes the questions. They do not want to stop fracking - at all. It is big, big money and the Government is involved in it. - So - IMHO The Government would say They are going to set off a quake to relieve preasure, whoopsie the "Test" goes wrong and the whole fault slips and everyone will be in chaos/confusion will go with the word that it was a "Test" that went wrong and forget about the Fracking - and Fracking will continue. Let's face it, if They eliminate the population in the area, They will be free to do as They please because no one will be there to object as the people will be tending to themselves in the aftermath.

To me, it sounds like a cover up in case of a major quake caused by the Fracking and/or gas drilling. Which again IMHO They know is about to happen. And by chance if this big quake does not happen, then They can say They changed Their minds about the operation.

I don't know Folks - I didn't want to write this and I really hope my intuition is off and or wrong - I just feel that something is about ready to really happen this week. it's been almost eerie quiet relatively speaking - Hopefully, it is only something that will happen to me in my life and I am getting my signals crossed which happens from time to time - but not often.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
reply to post by crazydaisy

IMHO, They would not set off a quake on the New Madrid Fault - Now, it has gone too far and They are unsure of what to do. Lots of things rolling around in my head right now because I smell Fish.

But, here comes the questions. They do not want to stop fracking - at all. It is big, big money and the Government is involved in it. - So - IMHO The Government would say They are going to set off a quake to relieve preasure, whoopsie the "Test" goes wrong and the whole fault slips and everyone will be in chaos/confusion will go with the word that it was a "Test" that went wrong and forget about the Fracking - and Fracking will continue. Let's face it, if They eliminate the population in the area, They will be free to do as They please because no one will be there to object as the people will be tending to themselves in the aftermath.

To me, it sounds like a cover up in case of a major quake caused by the Fracking and/or gas drilling. Which again IMHO They know is about to happen. And by chance if this big quake does not happen, then They can say They changed Their minds about the operation.

I don't know Folks - I didn't want to write this and I really hope my intuition is off and or wrong - I just feel that something is about ready to really happen this week. it's been almost eerie quiet relatively speaking - Hopefully, it is only something that will happen to me in my life and I am getting my signals crossed which happens from time to time - but not often.

There are plenty of historical precedents of "tests" going awry, both intentionally and unintentionally. Chernobyl springs to mind, a simple unnecessary test that went horribly wrong. I share your feeling, I just can't quite put my finger on it.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

I feel something is going to happen soon also - and I agree they don't want to stop fracking - too much money involved. This is getting more frightening by the minute. Thanks for replying - I do feel a little better - I just can't image they would create an earthquake. And not even inform the public - what kind of world are we living in - secret society for sure.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I didn't see this one posted yet, so apologies if I missed it.

Magnitude 2.2
Date-Time Monday, March 07, 2011 at 16:14:42 UTC
Monday, March 07, 2011 at 10:14:42 AM at epicenter

Location 35.289°N, 92.335°W
Depth 2.6 km (1.6 miles)
Region ARKANSAS

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I think I have a hypothesis. But I want some more facts.

I would like to know the current status of well 1416 near Vilonia.
It's listed as a capped or abandoned well, which used to be a conventional well drilling in the Morowan Sandstone.

There was some information on injection well 1773 and the Operator Deep Six. But I don't know what is happening with that well. I think it's still pumping, but not as much volume as the company wanted. Need more info.

It's all about the basin. The sandstone and limstone are the key. These layers sit on a ancient "basement". So it's more geology for me.

For those of you that have pushed your way through a Geological study will know how hard it is. It can be boring and you need to understand the alien language they use. Jargon. And most are unavailable and you're stuck with an abstract only.

I am going ice fishing real soon. Taking the boy. So had to wait until it warmed a bit. It was -25 c and with windchill, it was -35c. This afternoon will be best after the sun warms things a bit.

I should also add that the 2 mag. quakes are back to the northeast nearer to Guy. Something's changed.
edit on 7-3-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I think they turned up the pressure up there on those injection sites since the others are closed down. I've been thinking they might do that on the other wells.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I think they turned up the pressure up there on those injection sites since the others are closed down. I've been thinking they might do that on the other wells.

new topics

top topics

<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join