It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 117
<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

When I looked I even saw the trucks and the collecting pools. They are probably fracking now because the flow stopped, and they can't continue in a convential drill. So they frack it.

I see that too on Google map (32.883179,-100.85599) , but couldn't find a gas well anywhere around there using the Railroad Commission tool/viewer.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Okay, so in light of the article that Stealthycat just linked (I recommend that everyone read it), I am bringing up a post of mine from waaaaaaay back on page 48:

[ETA Stealthycats linked article: GOM article ]

Originally posted by westcoast

Originally posted by Daughter2
Here's a theory - I know most people will disagree but.....

Perhaps all these experiments and drillings are attempts to stop large quakes? What if they are trying to add or subtract pressure from certain areas to even the pressure?

They are not making it public because they aren’t sure it will work and don’t want to cause panic?

Just a thought?

Now here is a VERY compelling theory!

If you think about this, it would tie into so many other things, regarding the drills, FEMA, etc. Perhaps they have had compelling evidence for some time that something of a horrendous magnetude was going to happen on the New Madrid. Maybe it was all of a natural origin, or perhaps all the fracking moved things along, but either way the Government became aware. I think a lot of us have had a feeling for some time that there was something BIG brewing that is being kept from us. Maybe its the paranoid in me talking now, but that is just the way I feel.

I mentioned this way back when the BP GOM disaster happened. I know,people are groaning (including Puterman) but please....just entertain the idea. Everything surrounding that didn't add up or make any sense. Our governments reaction went beyond politics and money, IMO. I theorized then that perhaps that our government was somehow involved in the drilling with a different motive than oil.....but just think about it. We know so little about this planet...if DO know something that could litterally tear our country in half and kill millions I would think they would be desperate to try anything that might at least delay it.

Going back to the fracking in Arkansas: The perigee tonight: If they knew this might be enough to tip the scales perhaps that would explain the mad rush this week to releave some pressure beforehand. If that were the case...than Robins theory would tie into it also, just a different reason for doing it. If that is the case, I'll bet they were hoping for a lot more than a 4.3 as a max. I mean, that's a lot of energy, but given what we are talking about, would it be enough?

Okay...I have gone way further out there than I normally do.
I was just compelled to think outside the box for a minute and like Robin, I see patterns. Too many of these dots line up to ignore, or at least to not hypothosize. That's all this is ofcourse, I am not convinced of anything just seeing patterns.....

Puterman and I then went back and forth a couple of times and I played my own devils advocate trying to look at it from different angles....but the bottom line is this: This all STINKS. From the GOM disaster to the response to it, the fracking, the quakes, the response to the quakes, FEMA actions lately. It all just STINKS. This article makes some sense of it all. I want to take it a step further and suggest that our government knows full well that the fracking/injection wells cause small quakes and perhaps this was an attempt at disrupting what they already know is going on in the GOM? Help me out here guys.

Here, again are a couple of maps I posted earlier:

(edit to add updated map showing Texas quakes)

This also ties into my feelings that we should expect to see some more quakes coming from the GOM.
edit on 1-3-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Man, we need sparkles to go along with the stars here! What a thought provoking tie in.

I've been ruminating for a while on this and have concluded that somethkg o the size you're proposing would leave all sorts of clues for those who are inquisitive and savvy in searching out obscure details and anecdotes.

There are just WAY TOO MANY dots to not connect them is a willing blindness. Ostrich behavior.

I am sure that there are many who need convincing, but the fact that they're even starting to ask the questions adds hope. People are waking up, the veil has been lifted and more are starting to tug tug at the wool.

It's only a matter of time before a criticall mass is reached and then you'll see an endopsychic outpouring of awareness. Hundreth monkey effect.

Whoo hoo!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hi All. I have been following this forum for a while and finally have something to add. Maybe.

I live on Dauphin Island, AL and I was the first to report the earthquake here to the USGS. I was actually perusing the ATS site when it happened. It didn't occur to me to post it here. Duh.

What I wanted to add is that at 4:42am CST this morning, 3/1/11, I woke up to a slight vibration. Not like the earthquake. It felt more like a rumbling. It would last for 10-15 seconds, stop for 3-5 seconds and start back up. The entire episode lasted maybe 2 minutes. It wasn't strong enough to rattle anything or cause movement to the blinds.

I have no idea if this was just me or if something happened. I am a very light sleeper. My husband was snoring and I couldn't bring myself to wake him. The cat however was alert, but not freaked.

I don't know where to go to look for any seismic data for the GOM region. Like I said, it might have been something or not. But I was fully awake
edit on 1-3-2011 by amarenell because: spelling

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

That zoomed in trace you were looking at is minor earthquake signatures riding on the basic wave that gives the wobbly line. I was examining a small portion of this last night and saw exactly that.

Okay, so I'm attempting to wrap my brain around this one...uh-oh

Are you saying that each of those spikes is just what they appear to be, micro quakes? Meaning that there were periods of time last night (lasting for a few minutes each) where there were literally dozens to hundreds of very small, rapid quakes in succession?

I picture it as if you were to step in the center of a sheet of plywood that is sitting suspended atop two cement blocks. Let's say there is already a crack in the wood and when you step on it, it is forced downward in the center, futher cracking it apart....splintering it. I picture each of those splinters as a spike on the graph. Would this be an accurate depiction? Granted, if we were to be more realistic, the ply-wood would be 12 inches think instead of 1/4 inch and the splintering would be taking place on a smaller level a few inches down...but you get my point.

This is a disturbing thing to be seeing, isn't it?

Wow then this raelly brings these readings to prespective. Check out all these 500 microvolt readings from the 27th. Every single one was the same! For comparison I will post one from White Oak on the 25th.

Cane creek

Ozark Folk center

Hobbs

Woolly Hollow

White Oak

White Oak on 25th

edit on 1-3-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Hi there! What you are seeing there are called microseisms. We have recently started talking more about these in detail here and on the Yellowstone thread. Those are not actually quakes, but rolling. It is theorized that one of the causes are the ocean tides/swells. The movment can be 'felt' that far inland. Very interesting stuff

The clip I showed are actuall 'spikes' of energy being released (ie. earthquake). You can seeing the rolling (which at the time was pretty normal background) behind the spikes. When those rolls become more pronounced, they are called microseims. There is a distinct difference between these.

Am I making sense?

So yes, you are seeing siesmic activity on the graphs you linked, but not earthquakes.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I know someone who works very closely with FEMA and they have been a part of many of the recent FEMA drills in the areas surrounding the New Madrid Fault. These drills have not been specifically aimed towards an earthquake but all the response would essentially be the same. This person has told me several times that the New Madrid Fault is ready to go at "any minute" and it will have a major impact on the U.S. It will cause liquifaction of the surrounding areas and houses and buildings will be swallowed by the earth. Many major gas lines and other energy systems cross the New Madrid Fault.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm in Arkansas (obviously from my name on here, lol) and this is all terrifying for me. I have three kids, and my boyfriend, JayinAR, has three too. I don't know what we would do if there was a big earthquake. It's so scary.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by amarenell
I live on Dauphin Island, AL and I was the first to report the earthquake here to the USGS.
I don't know where to go to look for any seismic data for the GOM region.

First, let me say I love Dauphin Island!!! My husband & I vacation in Fort Morgan every year and we are amazed at the beauty of the area.

As for seismic data for the area, I've found two stations.....neither one too near you though....

This one is in Brewton, AL

This one is in Hockley, TX

Those are the closest ones I could find. It does seem both of those station registered something at the same time.

Maybe someone with more knowledge can post better info!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Okay, so in light of the article that Stealthycat just linked (I recommend that everyone read it), I am bringing up a post of mine from waaaaaaay back on page 48:

[ETA Stealthycats linked article: GOM article ]

Originally posted by Daughter2
Here's a theory - I know most people will disagree but.....

Perhaps all these experiments and drillings are attempts to stop large quakes? What if they are trying to add or subtract pressure from certain areas to even the pressure?

Great Maps there. They fall in-line with a "theory" I wondered about too. Here is a graphic which ties-in well with yours:

They are not making it public because they aren’t sure it will work and don’t want to cause panic?

Just a thought?

Now here is a VERY compelling theory!

If you think about this, it would tie into so many other things, regarding the drills, FEMA, etc. Perhaps they have had compelling evidence for some time that something of a horrendous magnetude was going to happen on the New Madrid. Maybe it was all of a natural origin, or perhaps all the fracking moved things along, but either way the Government became aware. I think a lot of us have had a feeling for some time that there was something BIG brewing that is being kept from us. Maybe its the paranoid in me talking now, but that is just the way I feel.

I mentioned this way back when the BP GOM disaster happened. I know,people are groaning (including Puterman) but please....just entertain the idea. Everything surrounding that didn't add up or make any sense. Our governments reaction went beyond politics and money, IMO. I theorized then that perhaps that our government was somehow involved in the drilling with a different motive than oil.....but just think about it. We know so little about this planet...if DO know something that could litterally tear our country in half and kill millions I would think they would be desperate to try anything that might at least delay it.

Going back to the fracking in Arkansas: The perigee tonight: If they knew this might be enough to tip the scales perhaps that would explain the mad rush this week to releave some pressure beforehand. If that were the case...than Robins theory would tie into it also, just a different reason for doing it. If that is the case, I'll bet they were hoping for a lot more than a 4.3 as a max. I mean, that's a lot of energy, but given what we are talking about, would it be enough?

Okay...I have gone way further out there than I normally do.
I was just compelled to think outside the box for a minute and like Robin, I see patterns. Too many of these dots line up to ignore, or at least to not hypothosize. That's all this is ofcourse, I am not convinced of anything just seeing patterns.....

Puterman and I then went back and forth a couple of times and I played my own devils advocate trying to look at it from different angles....but the bottom line is this: This all STINKS. From the GOM disaster to the response to it, the fracking, the quakes, the response to the quakes, FEMA actions lately. It all just STINKS. This article makes some sense of it all. I want to take it a step further and suggest that our government knows full well that the fracking/injection wells cause small quakes and perhaps this was an attempt at disrupting what they already know is going on in the GOM? Help me out here guys.

Here, again are a couple of maps I posted earlier:

(edit to add updated map showing Texas quakes)

This also ties into my feelings that we should expect to see some more quakes coming from the GOM.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Just back in and catching up.

Date/Time UTC,Latitude,Longitude,Magnitude,Depth(Km),Location
2011-03-01T11:12:40.000Z,35.27160,-92.34350,1.9000,4.3000,Arkansas
2011-03-01T11:46:28.000Z,35.27610,-92.34130,2.0000,2.6000,Arkansas
2011-03-01T15:58:46.000Z,35.23690,-92.38370,3.3000,5.7000,Arkansas
2011-03-01T16:03:05.000Z,35.23910,-92.39020,3.5000,5.1000,Arkansas
2011-03-01T16:18:19.000Z,35.23110,-92.37930,2.1000,5.1000,Arkansas
2011-03-01T16:29:26.000Z,35.27930,-92.34300,2.4000,2.2000,Arkansas

Just hit the post button when this one flashed up on the screen from the 27th.

Date/Time UTC,Latitude,Longitude,Magnitude,Depth(Km),Location
2011-02-27T01:08:43.000Z,35.27810,-92.33630,1.4000,4.4000,Arkansas

edit on 1/3/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

2 more just came in for the 27th
2011-02-27T02:55:43.000Z|1.4|Arkansas|030111r|nm|USGSTXT
2011-02-27T02:17:01.000Z|1.1|Arkansas|030111q|nm|USGSTXT

Sorry different format as this is from the popup screen.

And another!
2011-02-27T03:36:34.000Z|1.6|Arkansas|030111s|nm|USGSTXT

Once more with feeling!
2011-02-27T04:30:15.000Z|1.8|Arkansas|03011t|nm|USGSTXT

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thanks for the info. It looks like I either have my times wrong (I checked the clock when I woke up), I was imagining things, it isn't noted in this data, or I can't read it at all.

And I agree with you totally. It is beautiful here! Tell everyone you know, really we need the business

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Hi all, glad you're making this personal obsession not so lonely. I get obsessed. Ask anyone who has read Yellowstone. A thought gets in my head an I become fixated. For the longest time now it's been webicorders and watching swarms. I'm having trouble writing because I have too much to say. Texas, Enola, Oklahoma.

A new thought has been knocking at the door for the last few days. I have to answer it. Whatever, it is, it's key to the whole dynamic. I'm glad you're talking about the microsiesmic signals. That's part of it, but there is one more thing.

Damn, it's trig. Trigonometry. I told you Puterman. it's triangles. The relationships are triangulations. Now I know why I want to watch that documentary on Vimy Ridge. Target the artillery. Use triangles. Oh I'm going to be lost for a bit. Damn trig. Why did I think it was boring the first time round. Oh, yeah, it was that mousy teacher. Damn. it's about context. How can you teach a kid if you can't instill any interest?

Told ya I'm gone. When I find an answer I'll let you know.

We're coming up to a new moon and apogee.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fritzthecat
look here and then notice geysers ca notice how many there are there , but not mainstream because its california and they expect quakes but 3 areas in the united states getting swarms at the same time?? think its going to be a bumpy road ahead

earthquake.usgs.gov...

I just wanted to respond to the Geysers, CA situation. I have been watching this location for years now. I live sixty miles north (near Redding) and the number of earthquakes they've been seeing recently is NOT abnormal. Yes, they just had a 4+, which is a higher magnitude than normal, but the frequency has not changed.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share that information.

Pam

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PamelaBritton2U

That's good to know. Has the average size remained the same as well?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by amarenell
reply to post by OneisOne

Thanks for the info. It looks like I either have my times wrong (I checked the clock when I woke up), I was imagining things, it isn't noted in this data, or I can't read it at all.

And I agree with you totally. It is beautiful here! Tell everyone you know, really we need the business

I can't read them at all either! I just know squiggly lines are bad, ya'll! Like I said, maybe someone that knows more about it can help.

I found another link for the Brewton, AL station: here... if that helps at all.

Off topic: I talk so much about how wonderful the area is, my family & friends now just shake their heads at me. We are coming back down in August and I can not wait!
edit on 1-3-2011 by OneisOne because: blah

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Check this article out....you might find it interesting!
bklim.newsvine.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I have not seen this posted any where in the thread and thought it should be. As to the releases of gas, unless it is from a commercial source there will be no smell. The smell in natural gas is added by the gas companies. If it were to escape naturally from the ground it would not smell. The chemical used to create the smell is mercaptin (sp).

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Thanx for the explaination.
But why was there a tremendous surge of microseisms, as you could see from my links, right before the 4.7? Then they died down immediatelyright afterward. There has to be a relationsip between the two.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TXTriker

Thought this might be of interest - aerial photos of different oil/gas drilling & frac sites - which might help ID potential sites when viewing Google Earth or Maps.
www.redwingaerials.com...

top topics

<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join