It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 115
<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

here come your expectations all i can say is wow

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Sorry, but I can see them coming. The smaller quakes preceeding it made me expect it.

That's how I started the thread. I knew a big swarm was coming by reading the little quakes. I wonder how long after I said that did it hit.

Texas, Arkansas, I expect Oklahoma next.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

yea me too. look at the waves before you can see the pressere wave intnesify. harmonics like ive never seen on regular earthquakes, It seems they trigger each other like a big bowl of jello

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Had a thump and a rumble in NoCo STL at about 9:50 AM

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Fritzthecat

specifically, it was the three 1.0 mag. I saw in quick order. They haven't posted it yet. The fist 3 is smaller than the later quake. There is no aftershocks. There has been no main shock. I've been watching non-stop since February 09.

This is like Enola, where fluid movement was a suspected cause for the quakes.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

yea ive been watching this, yellowstone, geyser springs, and the alaska gulf. (alaska has tons but not many way out in the gulf.
I think the whole plate is sliding eastward, there has been a lot of action this last year in the pacific plate, its not the amount of quakes that worry me. It just seems the ole 3.3 has been replaced with 4.5s notice most quakes on the asian side of the pacific plate are up in the 4+ range and a lot of 5s. not unusual for the quakes just seems they are getting biggger on averiage around the globe

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Good morning...or not. Sorry you guys are still going through this. Looks like close to a 4.0 just happened.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fritzthecat

yea ive been watching this, yellowstone, geyser springs, and the alaska gulf. (alaska has tons but not many way out in the gulf.
I think the whole plate is sliding eastward, there has been a lot of action this last year in the pacific plate, its not the amount of quakes that worry me. It just seems the ole 3.3 has been replaced with 4.5s notice most quakes on the asian side of the pacific plate are up in the 4+ range and a lot of 5s. not unusual for the quakes just seems they are getting biggger on averiage around the globe

Ive been thinking about this qiie a bit lately, as may be deduced from my posts. It seems to menthat the northern hemisphere has a larger number of quakes but they are of a smaller average magnitude when compared with the fewer number of quakes but of larger magnitude than those in the southern hemisphere.

Puterman, do you have the capability to mane a graph that shows n vs s and avg mag for quakes for different time frames?
edit on 1-3-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Stupid iPhone

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

You have to check Puterman's work, he's the stats guy. I'm the dective. I focus on one thing. Kinda. Right now the only real siesmicity I'm watching is Arkansas, and now Texas. I watch Yellowstone, but it' quiet.

SHHHHHHHHHHHH

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Here's the first quake of the two, second one posted.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

And there's several more, seems energetic. But not above 3 mag.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by katfish

Had a thump and a rumble in NoCo STL at about 9:50 AM

Katie I wonder if the rumble you felt in St. Louis is from the 3.5 in Arkansas 30 mins ago......

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
look here and then notice geysers ca notice how many there are there , but not mainstream because its california and they expect quakes but 3 areas in the united states getting swarms at the same time?? think its going to be a bumpy road ahead

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I expect another 3+ mag. in the next hour or so.

Wow Robin you've got your method down for sure!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

OK it's building back up again and a double there too

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fritzthecat
look here and then notice geysers ca notice how many there are there , but not mainstream because its california and they expect quakes but 3 areas in the united states getting swarms at the same time?? think its going to be a bumpy road ahead

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Interesting point!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Remember to star those kinds of posts especially in retrospect, it helps those who are skimming stop and take notice. THAT was a profound post!

Good snooping Robin!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey
Has anyone read this thread?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is straight out of a Tom Clancy script, only it's the really real world. Does their boldness also indicate a degree of desperation? Are things closer to a bifurcation point than we're allowed to be aware of? Are decisions being made without the wholeness of the population in mind? Are out efforts and results of our energy output being deflected and siphoned in such a way as to benefit only a few select and removed favored?

I am at a loss when things are considered on the wide stage of our current world. the information age has allowed us to see the strings that have only been dimly imagined to exist. It has also allowed us to connect win one another and form an independent think-tank that is every bit as resourceful as any put together by TPTB.

Apologies for the rambling rant, I just feel things are coming to a head.
edit on 1-3-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Typos

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Man I have a busy day ahead of me today, but really all I want to do is sit here with you fine folks and watch as these roll in!!! I am so excited to see such amazing work done by you guys. What we will soon become the top EQ prediction forum? If I was in Ar. I would be glued to this thread!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I"m ready to move.

top topics

<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join