It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 111
<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by ButterCookie

My pets were snuggled in but watched our every move, going by them they were alert rather than sleepy like they normally are at that hour. They were not freaking tho or nervous.
edit on 28-2-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

Our dog is normally the "laid back" dog, @ around 10"45 she woke us up pacing, growling at the floor. Went back to sleep (sound sleeper) she woke us up again around 11:10 up til 2am with her growling at floor, pacing.

She was ok until just before 7am, then would not eat, looking down at floor in house, would not even eat bacon.

Just reading through all that happened today and playing catch-up

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
thrice
edit on 28-2-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Same here Daisy....I wish things would just settle down. And thanks again for your concern and help.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SANTA CLAWS

Wow...sounds similar to what my dog does here for local quakes. She will look around all wild eyed too like she can hear something and is trying to find it or see it but can't.

Let us know if she starts doing it again!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I have been following this thread closely and I just wanted to thank all of you for keeping it up to date. I hope everyone stays safe in Arkansas tonight. If the big one hits, I will be in danger myself here in Ky. Lets just hope that it doesnt happen and that somebody can get the government to shut down the fracking before they kill and injure all of us. But of course we know how concerned the government is about the people.......

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Have been feeling them all day, some more than others. Very nervous about what the night may hold for us but trying to relax and stay focused. Have kept very busy today. Rumbling now doesn't help any and vibrations.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

There's really no way to know whether or not a big one would hit. It's very possible there will be warning signs. Like quakes popping up here and there across the region, wierd areas. Maybe even another wierd animal death event. This is speculation, but I hope it gives you some comfort. I think they'll be ruptures which become evident because they'll be sizable and it will probably attract attention. Maybe the creeks will show signs of methane bubbling. I like the fact that people here are observing and documenting it here.

Just make sure you got nothing big and heavy over your bed. Plan what you'll do if a big one hits, then find a good show and have a laugh. That's my plan later. Laugh to relieve fears and stress.

Again I implore you all to join our Arkansas Friend Facebook page to fight the good fight.

www.facebook.com...#!/profile.php?id=100002077642177

Remember Puterman's blog.

frackingarkansas.wordpress.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Hi Susan....I heard you on the news today and just wanted to say you did a great job for the time you were allowed. Way to go!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NTS1960

Thank you. My sister said I was telling everyone off. LOL!!! I don't know, haven't heard it yet. I was just happy that I got most of what I felt I needed to in.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Susan, I am sorry if this is redundant. You must be close to the epicenters? Can you describe more what you are currently experiencing? You mention rumbling and vibrations. Is this constant? Is there an aubible noise outside, or is it more like it is coming from the items around you? Can you feel constant movement or periodic?

Also...how are your animals this evening? How are you feeling? Any unusuall odors?

Thank you in advance..

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

If I have been following close enough, all the quakes have generally been in the same area, correct? Can you tell me what the radius is of the quakes that have happened? I'm sorry if I missed it, if it has already been posted. I'm just curious about how big or small the area is.

To SUSAN: I tried to comment on FB tonight about you doing that interview. I'm so glad that somebody like you are standing up and bringing this to the attention of the media. I cant wait to hear the interview when it is posted..

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Off the top of my head, it's around 20 square miles. A very small area. And remarkably, there's no quakes in states surrounding Arkansas. Go watch a funny movie.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
There was another one just now even though they are small they seem to be coming pretty regular again tonight.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

If you draw a circle around it, they all fall whithin an 8km area. Amazing,

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

The animals are calm at the moment, the cat is curled up in one of the dog beds asleep. My puppies are sleeping too. I can sit here at my computer desk and be sitting absolutely still with no movement and bounce up and down very slightly and feel the rumbles under my feet. I can hear the difference in a truck going by on Hwy 64 and the rumble of the quakes. I can tell if a 18 wheeler passes and it is fully loaded or not, but we are in a culdesac off the Hwy. I have a fingernail clipper sitting on a little shelf beside this table and am typing right now and it is completely still so I know I am not bumping it. At times I look over at it and it is shaking and wobbling and I quickly bring GEE back up and can see a swing up on some and down on the others on the stations I have plugged in, some. Once in a while I can feel a little lift up ever so slightly. I am queasy, nervous and have very uneasy feeling and trying not to let my mind thinks it's coming, but I also have a pacemaker and I am totally paced and pacemaker dependent. I can pick up things that others may not. My husband doesn't feel as much as I do or notice it. I think I tend to notice more of the sensations and I think in part that may be because of my pacemaker.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
There seems to be some similarities between Arkansas and CHCH, both with short depths.

Just be extra vigilant around the 5th March and 18-22 March. I could say the same for the Kiwis too.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

EPA hides knowledge of radioactive waste in city water from fracking

I just came across this article which was posted today on coto2.wordpress.com...

edit on 28-2-2011 by Toots because: url correction

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
OK I have a question and it's regarding the bird deaths. If a cloud of methane gets released in an area as what happened in Beebe would it kill everything or just things at a certain height. How much protection does a home give and if someone has a window or a door cracked?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I'm not sure about methane, but I know other gasses tend to be heavier than air and therefore will 'hang' in a cloud close to the ground. I have had some hazmat training, and most of the types we trained on behaved this way. For this reason, I would think for birds to be affected, they woud have to be grouped on the ground, or branches of a tree vs. flying. As far as being in a house, I would think that so long as your windows are closed, you would be okay,...it should disipate quickly especially if there is any kind of wind.

If you smell anything odd or certainly if you see anything that looks like fog hanging near the ground, get away from it. If your house suddenly smells as if there is gas in it, get out and do not turn anything on or off on the way out...leave the door open. (a lot of gases have a low ignition point...even static sparks can trigger it)

ETA: did you just feel that small quake?
edit on 28-2-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Is someone able to view the seismic graphs tonight?

I know California just had a 4.5 about 10 mins ago....

I'm sitting very still at the computer, to see if I'm able to detect any more shaking (from the New Madrid)

new topics

top topics

<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join