It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
What really worries me about this 2011 Exercise is that it was all planed and update in Aug, 8,2010,
But in Jan. 2, 2011 they were looking for 140million meals, 180,000 gallons of fuel...etc. If the whole thing was planned back in July and August, why are they now doing all this getting food info and wanting them to be able to deliever it all in 24 hours. Now if it was not part of the planned Exercise in July , why is it now. Have they got some new info since the first of 2011.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This would be the right time frame for stronger earthquakes. There is a theory out there that after a few years of very cold winter with more snow than average, towards the end of winter the snow melts, weakens and subcontracts the ground, the earthquake prone areas tend to get stronger earthquakes. This applies to all across the world. We've been having the having the coldest weather. But it's all theory at this moment.

We all know it's coming...I have a bad feeling people are simply not prepared in areas like Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee....just wish I knew when....do you have an idea a window of time his could happen?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

12:22 Atlantic,,,Cape Breton,Nova Scotia, my theory i knew something was up when we had no ice last year, i know that dont mean much to most but yes it does. It was shortly after or before the mysterious calif. tremor/swarm/vibration that went on and on, well never seen that before either,,then WHAM 8.8 Easter Sunday morning , hey it was Easter how could u forget something like that i mean WOW 10ft to the right??? really! and they wonder why the weather seems different, oh and through in a gulf coast debaucle/they hit an artery not a vien and then the Iceland Volcano closing airtraffic across Europe, anyway my theory is study the Easter Data very carefully we may have a Tsunami alright but look skyward, we may be seeing the second incoming wave/ applitude or trough dont know stronger/weaker dont know but an x class flare and a weaking sheild,,, who knows. sorry but u asked.

edit on 16-2-2011 by BobAthome because: spelling always lol

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
and thats why i love living in BC, no eartquakes here unless there really really really small

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I personally experienced a minor earthquake/tremor while stationed at Blytheville AFB (name changed to Eaker AFB just before it closed in 1992). The frames on the walls of our staff office began rattling slowly at first and then vigorously. We thought that it might have been the result of a B-52 bomber coming in really low and really fast for some unorthodox training maneuver. Later, it was confirmed that the event had indeed been an earthquake.

That's when I first heard of the previously unknown (to me) "New Madrid Fault." It's been active for a long time, though nothing too dramatic has happened recently. Until this past year, apparently.

I wish the best for the good people in that region. And even some of the bad ones who are seeking to redeem themselves.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by K13PT0

If,,hypothetically it being the frack i mean crack, that crack just may very well extend to Alaska,, kind of a built in fracture point courtesy of whatever.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Just as there is research pointing to the moon as a cause of earthquakes, there is a growing tide of research pointing to solar activity being a trigger for seismic and volcanic activity. Most noteably, solar flares and solar wind streams from coronal holes in the Sun. We just had the largest solar flare in 4 years, an X2.2 blast earth from the Sun. There is evidence to suggest that a specified time period before and after a large solar flare or coronal mass ejection can also trigger geophysical results, seismic and volcanic. Perhaps this is fuel to the fire here as well?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by heliophysical1

I'm not certain of what would be the mechanism for solar flares to directly cause earthquakes. When it comes to the moon it's kinda obvious. We see the tides and especially in the Bay of Fundy, you see how dramatic the movement of water can be. This is what leads me to say that the moon is a big factor. Can't forget the fracking. But that's just speeding up the watch as the geologist said in the NY Times piece I posted. Make sure you read the start of the thread because lots of people helped post lots of information. A saturated soil would act like a body of water. It will move. And the movement causes the rupturing. And the water make help strada with clay to become lubricated.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Are we talking about the previously unknown fault in eastern Arkansas ?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

I do subscibe to the moon theories, and find them very plausible. Basically, the mechanisms by which solar flares could cause seismic activity rely on the charged particles bombarding our magnetosphere, and in turn creating a disturbance in the earth's core which the magnetosphere eminates from. This disturbance theoretically has an effect on the earth'c crust causing and increae in tectonic shifts, and possibly increased magma flows.

there is much to read out there on this research, here is a brief article on such science:

Solar Flares and Earthquakes

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

I can understand that...born and raised in California.

We hang on Caltech's every word and wait for the tsunami warnings.

And for us, there is not even a glimmer from Washington, no drills or anything.

Look on the bright side, they are buying you all meals.

We buy our own.

We organize on our own.

We have a plan in our neighborhoods and a plan for on foot and for trapped and for stranded without loved ones and for getting to loved ones.

And there will places for you to go.

I researched these hated FEMA camps and realized I had translated in one of them. It is a place to live until you transition to a new home, in case of an emergency. I translated for refugees from other countries who were persecuted. The Red Cross cannot handle this level of commitment.

This is not my pity pot, just a hand across the country...we live on the third rock from the sun. The quality of our life is a choice. Mine is to be here in the City of Angels and if I go down here with the real peoples, I will be in good company.

Make this your day to decide how its going to be...if you are going to go down, what company do you want to be in? Be at peace.

P.S. Little quakes are good, it relieves pressure. It seems it may be the same for you all.
edit on 16-2-2011 by angelwrangler because: Post Script

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hello! This is my very first post/reply to the board, as I have just been "lucker" mode on the ATS board for quite some time.

My reasoning for posting tonight is to share some interesting information with the board. I live close to 30 miles from Reelfoot Lake, the lake that was created by the great earthquakes of the 1800's. Over the past several days, and weeks, I, along with several co-workers and my wife, have commented on strange smells that we have been noticing at various entrevals . To me it resembles the smell that comes from a paper mill and at times it even smells of rotten eggs. Also of importance to note is the fact that area residents are noticing and commenting on how low the water table around the lake as become over the past few weeks. What we call the washout and area loading ramps for boats are totally exposed to the eye, no water to be found within many yards of where water just recently stood.

This may not be related, however after reading this tread I wanted to share my information.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
My thing has always been listen to the rhetoric,when it dies down then pose a question

I read a report somewhere that they research historical data on China for the last 2000 years
And found that major quakes don't occur in the same place.
The earth's crust floats and moves so that the "hot zones" are not in the same place as it was ,say 100 years
ago.
So the New Mandrid Fault could have moved east or west of what it was in 1811.
Possible??

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BentonBailey

I would be interested to know if the lake has had any temperature fluctuations, or an increase in temperature.

Very important observations none the less, these smells can be indicators of seismic/volcanic/geothermal activity.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Does anyone know how far away the Pine Bluff Arsenal is from most of these earthquakes? Is that something to be concerned about as well?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BentonBailey

Thats sulfur,dude indicating volcanic activity.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
My thing has always been listen to the rhetoric,when it dies down then pose a question

I read a report somewhere that they research historical data on China for the last 2000 years
And found that major quakes don't occur in the same place.
The earth's crust floats and moves so that the "hot zones" are not in the same place as it was ,say 100 years
ago.
So the New Mandrid Fault could have moved east or west of what it was in 1811.
Possible??

Sounds logical and plausable like a stress fracture although weak in that area not neccissarily break in same area.

As far as smell,, anyone ever smelled yellowstone same smell?? dont know never been there.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Imagine,a volcano rising up in Tennesee!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Its too close for comfort...however they claim to have destroyed the last of the chemical weapons

Link

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
One thing for sure people need to think about which side of the Mississippi River they want to be on because the Great Lake will enter the Norhtern part and the Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic will cover all the way up to Tenn.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join