It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 106
<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Robin, Question? There are many fault that do branch off the New Madrid and the The Arkansas fault is now called the Guy Fault. But do you know if a Big Quake on the Guy Fault could set off the New Madrid or vise versa, How big would it have to be to set all the faults off. Like you, the gas fracking and pressure pumping the waste water is what caused this Guy Fault. I was spreading that everywhere on the web when the Birds Died. It was the reason I joined ATS. For the 4.7 last night to be strong enough to have an after shock quake of 3.8 that is not a good sign. I would rather 20 small quakes a day than one big one.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

4.7 in arkansas, and the swarm is back very suddenly, MANY earthquakes today

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

I don't think that was an aftershock. Just like the Enola swarm, it's not like a regular big quake. This is like jenga. Pull out the wrong supporting piece and the system collapses. All the energy release is being absorbed elsewhere. And it won't be restricted. It's because of the soils. The wave spread wide and fast and almost all of their energy is presevered until they hit a restriction. That restriction could be a fault. So that fault is feeling almost of the wave.

Water is the key factor here, along with the sand soils. It's the fluid that's moving, not the faults, The faults move because the watersoil is moving. That's why injection is the cause. They are pumping water/fluids into the ground at incredible pressures. I know you've got it figured out and you're thinking has been on the same track.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Okay, I'm back guys. Wow, so much going on! Susan, so cool. Take Robins advice and write out clearly what points you want to hit on. Put the most important at the top, they most likely won't give you near as much time as you would like.

Yes...those lines are 'thicker'. I believe this is due to the microseisms that Robin just referred to. They are showing up on different stations all over the world. Perhaps it has a greater affect locally due to the sandy ground. I don't know.

As to the physical symptoms some of you are describing; I have to say, as silly as it may sound that I was feeling it last night too. How? Some of you may ask. I was wondering the same thing. But Robin, I think you gave me the answer. I was sitting right here and have two waves of dizziness half hour apart about an hour or so before the larger quake. I also get a motion-sick feeling (I am prone to motion sickness btw, have been since a kid), ringing in my ears and a feeling of pressure, like when driving over a mountain pass. Last night it was just the dizziness. Last year I had very bad symptoms and ear ringing before the haiti quake, chili quake and N mexio quakes. I have been having it to a lesser degree for small, local quakes. The dizziness seems to be the main symptom I get for the NM quakes. SO, so interesting.

I was again thinking things were calming down a bit, but here we go again. Watching GEE and energy seems to be building back up again. I pray tonight is NOT the night...as Robin has said and I have mentioned before too, I think we need to be watching for other areas to get active. That is why I was so concerned about that 3.5 in the GOM.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

i dont know what youre talking about... but just saying ive felt extremely ill and light headed today. which is strange, because im pretty much never ill. I have a constant feeling of being uncomfortable too

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I have an underground creek in my backyard, and all the animals, have been gone since Oct. 1, haven't filled any of the 8 bird feeder, in 5 months. I am going to go down to the creek and see if it smells gas or looks oily. I have had to be treated for terrorible headaches. I am moving to Hot Springs next month because of this, my neighbor is also selling and moving to higher ground. Robin you have really helped in not just posting a Thread but to making a difference for us all. Thank You.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Reading thru the posts and at the end another quake - not just the 4.7 but many others.
Did anyone here feel this quake? Susan I am sure you will do great with
your interview - I would be a nervous wreck but that's just me. Let us know how it goes.
Will be checking back here often today - not feeling to well today - nervous and light headed.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Robin I was afraid yesterday you were going to leave us - please don't - we all need your input and its much appreciated - believe me.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Our house just shook pretty hard - lasted a few seconds.. In Ft. Wayne, Indiana. It might not have been a quake but I know how they feel as I lived in Ca. felt like one to me.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Our house just shook pretty hard - lasted a few seconds.. In Ft. Wayne, Indiana. It might not have been a quake but I know how they feel as I lived in Ca. felt like one to me.

Puter, WC, Robin??? Did she just have one in Indiana???

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
"Tornadoes and Earthquakes, sounds like something out of a scifi movie" Thats what the news caster just said...

Weather has changed since i checked it this am, no longer the highs they were expecting...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread663812/pg106#pid10678629]post by Robin Marks[/ur

Something maybe worth mentioning. After seeing the comment last night about the sonic booms and the jenga remark today it reminded me of something. Last year-Feb 27- (Earthquake buffs recognize the date?) I went up to bed & turned on the TV. A few minutes later I heard noises. After a few more I muted the TV. It sounded like someone throwing firewood in a metal wheel-barrow. Sounded like out in my yard. I looked at the clock. It was 1:15 AM. I looked outside. No lights on anywhere. Then I heard something like metal scraping. Car wreck! I ran to the front of the house and looked out. Nothing! The next day when I woke up, I saw where Chile had an 8.8.
Still not getting it, over the course of the day, I heard about people in the town 35 miles away thinking someone was knocking on their door in the middle of the night. (I'm in PA.) Later I found out people in Ohio said the same thing. I did some research and found out about Seneca Guns. Loud noises reported as far back as two hundred years ago. The local Indians compared them to cannon fire, hence the name.
Well, if an earthquake that far away could put that much pressure on us here, Arkansas isn't going to be the only one effected. It's going to be a chain reaction!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

The GEE stations [EDIT: for Arkansas]show a small quake at 18:02 and possibly a distant one at 18:07 (UTC)

USGS not showing anything for Indiana....but if it were under 2.5, it will take a while to post it. I will try and look at heicorders for Indiana.
edit on 28-2-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks

Originally posted by SunflowerStar
It's been a while since an updated resources has been posted. These are links used in the previous 77 pages.

EarthQuake and Tetonic plate resources:
www.usgs.gov...
earthquake.usgs.gov...
earthquake.usgs.gov...
www.iris.edu...
www.ouramazingplanet.com...
folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...
CERI Helicorders, seismic monitoring: folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...
qvsdata.wordpress.com...
earthquake.usgs.gov...
Earthquake List For Arkansas (Greenbrier Area) Feb 15-16: earthquake.usgs.gov...
www.scchealth.org...
news.nationalgeographic.com...
Arkansas Geological Survey www.geology.ar.gov...
qvsdata.wordpress.com...
www.documentarystream.com...
earthquake.usgs.gov...
www.ouramazingplanet.com...
qvsdata.wordpress.com...
www.ceri.memphis.edu...
Facts about the New Madrid Fault: www.dnr.mo.gov...
www.reality-choice.org...
geology.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
Descent of the ancient Farallon slab drives localized mantle flow below the New Madrid seismic zone: www.auburn.edu...
thecabin.net...
satellite seismic stress pattern analysis: www.google.com... sis
Understanding seismic reading qvsdata.wordpress.com...
Seismograph/meter info different scales etc.: inventors.about.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
Mercalli intensity scale explained: en.wikipedia.org...
Richter scale: en.wikipedia.org...
www.showme.net...
www.journalgazette.net...
www.sciencedaily.com...
Enola Swarm quakes info: www.ceri.memphis.edu...
pre quake indicators
insciences.org...
www.newscientist.com...
www.earth.northwestern.edu...
www.geodesy.cwu.edu...
www.sciencedaily.com...
www.courierpress.com...

Historical data 1811 quake:
New Madrid 1811 info: www.ceri.memphis.edu...
1811 newspaper accounts: www.eas.slu.edu...
Liquification during quake 1811: www.insurancejournal.com...
USCG 1811 quake: earthquake.usgs.gov...

Fracking/Drilling related:
frackingarkansas.wordpress.com...
politics.beforeitsnews.com...
books.google.com..."deepwell+injection"+OR+"deep+well+injection"+OR+"undergroun d+injection"&sig=jrgrSpXc9wcEWoylIM
Oil and Gas Collection: Hydraulic Fracturing, Toxic Chemicals and the Surge of Earthquake Activity in Arkansas: www.globalresearch.ca...
whttp...://www.springerlink.com/content/lr247770l2272741/
ww.gaslandthemovie.com/whats-fracking/
1trickpony.cachefly.net...
www.osti.gov...
search.usa.gov...
qvsdata.wordpress.com...
Injection Induced Earthquake References: www.nyx.net...
www.thepeoplesvoice.org...
seekingalpha.com...
geology.com...
Can you prevent large earthquakes by making lots of small ones, or by "lubricating" the fault with water or another material?: earthquake.usgs.gov...
Discharge of Tectonic Stresses in the Earth Crust by High-power Electric Pulses for Earthquake Hazard Mitigation: www.voltairenet.org...
owni.eu...
c1.redgreenandblue.org...
Gas wells map: www.eia.gov...
The Rocky Mountain Arsenal deep injection well: www.rma.army.mil...
Top 5 Ways to Cause a Man-Made Earthquake: www.wired.com...#
www.aogc.state.ar.us...
switchboard.nrdc.org...
www.buffalonews.com...
www.dallasnews.com...

Codes for drilling rigs status and other drilling infos:
www.aogc.state.ar.us...
glenarborsun.com...
www.oerb.com...
findarticles.com...
www.energyindepth.org...

General Geology related resources:
The Memphis Sand Aquifer: nsglc.olemiss.edu...
Sinking sand, sand boils, LIQUEFACTION: www.showme.net...
www.amnh.org...
pediaview.com...
Pic of sandblows and liquification www.buzzle.com...

Volcanic resources:
abundanthope.net...
Volcanic Landforms, Volcanoes and Plate Tectonics:www.tulane.edu...
A VOLCANIC ERUPTION IN ARKANSAS: www.suite101.com...
USGS 06186500 Yellowstone River at Yellowstone Lk Outlet YNP: waterdata.usgs.gov...,00065,00010

Solar Flare resources:
Solar Flares and Earthquakes: adsabs.harvard.edu...

Nuclear/Chemical related sources:
www.terrapub.co.jp...
www.thepeoplesvoice.org...
LITTLE ROCK, Ark., (KTHV) -- The Chemical Stockpile: www.todaysthv.com...

Moon EarthQuake correlation
www.moonconnection.com...
www.smeter.net...
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Mainstream media AK Quake coverage:
edition.cnn.com...#
news.blogs.cnn.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...
www.foxnews.com...
news.yahoo.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.nytimes.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Notification links:
Threat Watch: standeyo.com...
www.radioreference.com...
www.radioreference.com...
Home page www.radioreference.com...
www.norad.mil...
www.globalincidentmap.com...
strictlyhonest.com...

Other:
Bird die off map location:www.bing.com...,+Missouri&FORM=MIRE1
FEMA test date and info: www.ready.gov...
www.asisonline.org...
www.fema.gov...
www.baproducts.com... Dr Chet Snow's Earth Change Map
Memphis River Projectwww.memphis.edu...
www.buzzle.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Okay Crazydaisy, you might not be crazy.
I found a helicorder in Indiana that shows something right at the same time the GEE did, and that you reported feeling something. I am still looking, but check this out!

Helicorder

EDIT to add:

ROBIN

Look at THIS seismo for a helicorder in Indiana. This is from yesterday. If your theory has any truth to it, than this would explain why crazydaisy was feeling so poorly yesterday. Wow.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

anyone else find it wierd how there were NO arkansas earthquakes yesterday, then today? BOOM... absolutely tons

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

Okay Crazydaisy, you might not be crazy.
I found a helicorder in Indiana that shows something right at the same time the GEE did, and that you reported feeling something. I am still looking, but check this out!

Helicorder

EDIT to add:

ROBIN

Look at THIS seismo for a helicorder in Indiana. This is from yesterday. If your theory has any truth to it, than this would explain why crazydaisy was feeling so poorly yesterday. Wow.

Yeah, I saw it, and I know what it is. It's tidal. I'm working on a complete hypothesis. Simply, the entire region was experience a stong tidal force. That's why everyone was feeling sea-sick. And don't forget about the low pressure weather system that passed over. The entire region was as if the ground was a water bed.

I posted the webicorder with the signatures on Quake Watch, but nobodies biting. I know they like to talk about the big quakes.
edit on 28-2-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

So Robin, again working off this theory. I was feeling it yesterday too. So I went and pulled the nearest broad-band station I could.

Here is how it looked on the 24th: 24th

Here is how it looked yesterday: 27th

I really think this is significant.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bepreparedd

I told my neighbor yesterday morning that I didn't know if the swarm stoping was a good thing or bad thing. Well that 4.7 answered that question. When it stops are slows down it is evidently building up more pressure. Oh, I got some water from the creek and tested it on the expert, Sassy my dog won't refuse anything. She smelled it and looked at me like "I m not going to drink it, You drink it" and it didn't catch on fire.

new topics

top topics

<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join